Religion & Philosophy

Why did God create man?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
deeFXCKINGjay On January 21, 2012
Bannned

, Kazakhstan
#1New Post! Apr 14, 2010 @ 23:09:57
Assuming there is a God, specificly, the Jeudo-Christian one, why did he create us, we serve no inherent purpose, we do nothing for Him, we serve no task. And he would know tht the majority of Humans would go to Hell, yet "he" still made us.

Quote:
https://www.gotquestions.org/why-did-God-create-us.html
https://www.jesus-is-lord.com/why.htm
https://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_God_create_man
https://www.injil.org/TWOR/05.html

All say that God created us for "his pleasure", what a c***. Sitting up there, looking down on us, our trials and terrors amusing him for millennia.

The only reason I can deduce from my copy of the bible, (which incidently, I stole from school), is that He created us to worship him, what a c***.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#2New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 00:26:55
@deeFXCKINGjay Said

Assuming there is a God, specificly, the Jeudo-Christian one, why did he create us, we serve no inherent purpose, we do nothing for Him, we serve no task. And he would know tht the majority of Humans would go to Hell, yet "he" still made us.

All say that God created us for "his pleasure", what a c***. Sitting up there, looking down on us, our trials and terrors amusing him for millennia.

The only reason I can deduce from my copy of the bible, (which incidently, I stole from school), is that He created us to worship him, what a c***.

Your problem is you're using the Bible and it's god. Dump it.

If God exists, the only reasonable model for what might be His nature is a deist, laissez-faire God. Why did He create the universe to evolve us? To make it really short, in order to spawn sentient creatures who could surprise Him and override the boredom of knowing everything that going to happen, forever. In fact, if He is all those omni's, He probably created the (first?) universe one Planck time after He came into existence (which is easy to say because before there was a universe, there was no time. 8) If He created people without free will, that only means they would do what He programmed them to do (same for angels I guess).

Mind if I ax what your fascination with the word c*** is? I mean, even when you use it in reference to a male, it is being intentionally obscene and an apparent attempt to demean women.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#3New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 01:02:31
In my opinion God isn't up "there" but is within everything everywhere.

J.R.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#4New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 01:30:14
@jr_sanford Said

J.R.

Isn't that a distinction without a difference?
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 01:36:50
@jr_sanford Said

J.R.

I don't want to really get involved with this thread but I would like to say that this does not pertain to the OP.
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#6New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 09:45:08
Mankind is still a young species. How long have we been around for as Homo Sapiens? 100,000 years? And as modern human beings with the urge to develop and discover? Less than 5,000 years ago? We need time to learn as a species. We need to learn ABOUT the universo, know the truth from the theories, and learn how to interact with it.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#7New Post! Apr 15, 2010 @ 09:56:41
@Tako_400 Said

Mankind is still a young species. How long have we been around for as Homo Sapiens? 100,000 years? And as modern human beings with the urge to develop and discover? Less than 5,000 years ago? We need time to learn as a species. We need to learn ABOUT the universo, know the truth from the theories, and learn how to interact with it.

Yes, or as I have come to put it, Truth (whatever that turns out to be) is God. Ergo, God is Truth. That way we don't have to worry about what "God" "told" some prophet/priest/shaman/whatever 3000 years ago. The model for Truth is universal, and it includes both the objective and subjective.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs