Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#17New Post! Apr 06, 2010 @ 02:15:33
Watch the video. I encourage it. The US guys are on the radio with superiors who aren't seeing the video we are. They're practically begging for permission to start shooting these people. They obviously expend practially no thought or energy whatsoever to actually making sure these are bad guys.

And they obviously don't give a s*** about the guys with the van. The guys in the van get out and start trying to help the wounded, crawling man into the van and the gunship guys are on the radio telling their superiors that they're "gathering bodies and weapons" and beg them to "let us shoot them!"

"Come on! Let us shoot!" we hear as we watch a pair of guys in obviously civilian clothing get out of a van and try to help a wounded, crawling, bleeding man into the van. While a pair of children look out the window of the van.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#18New Post! Apr 06, 2010 @ 02:45:43
Found this on Slashdot:

The tape is, in my opinion, authentic. I was serving in the area at the time. I note four things in the tape:-

1. Double-tap --- engaging an individual or individuals after the threat has been eliminated.

2. Engaging personnel with anti-material weaponry; this isn't illegal but it looks bad. :-p

3. Failing to establish PID (Positive Identification of a threat) before engaging the "bongo truck" full of injured individuals.

4. Failing to establish PID before engaging what is, basically, a group of civilians wandering around the streets.

In essence, they shot some people for carrying weapons, then shot up the ambulance. I'm very saddened by this, since it's not the first violation of the ROE that I've encountered. The last one wasn't caught on tape. I had to put a stop to it myself.
joRdixx On September 06, 2010

Ballina, Australia
#19New Post! Apr 07, 2010 @ 14:22:11
@jonnythan Said

It's also sad to see US forces making no effort whatsoever to identify combatants versus civilians. Mistaking a camera for an RPG and a tripod for an AK-47?

Even worse than that is the fact that US forces have no problem whatsoever opening fire on a pair of civilians driving along in a van with children who stop to try to help a man dying on the side of the road.

Its also sad to see us troops having nothing better to do than giggle about killing inocent people.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#20New Post! Apr 07, 2010 @ 14:27:42
@joRdixx Said

Its also sad to see us troops having nothing better to do than giggle about killing inocent people.

They clearly didn't think they were killing innocent people, so they weren't giggling about killing innocent people.

They thought they were killing armed insurgents that had just previously engaged in firefights with ground troops in the area. It actually appears that some of the people shot were indeed insurgents - the crowd of people around the photographers included people with automatic rifles and other weapons.

So they weren't giggling about killing innocent people, even though they accidentally did kill innocent people. They were excited about killing some armed fighters who had killed their friends.
blackfoot1964 On December 08, 2016

Dunstable, Massachusetts
#21New Post! Apr 07, 2010 @ 14:27:42
Not acceptable!
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#22New Post! Apr 07, 2010 @ 19:31:13
Just watched the full 40-minute video and it changes things dramatically. Interesting.
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

Notlongagoinaplacenotfaraway,
#23New Post! Apr 07, 2010 @ 19:39:26
Unfortunately the US military needs to start training its troops to be more perceptive. This is not the first video that has come out from a US aircraft were the pilots fired and killed the wrong people.

Granted most men (and woman) will just be regular guys doing their jobs however some seem overly gungho and even dangerous. Its just not acceptable to kill civilians, they need to be sure before they fire. We were meant to be liberating the civilians not attacking them
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#24New Post! Apr 07, 2010 @ 19:43:17
@tomysandy Said

Unfortunately the US military needs to start training its troops to be more perceptive. This is not the first video that has come out from a US aircraft were the pilots fired and killed the wrong people.

Granted most men (and woman) will just be regular guys doing their jobs however some seem overly gungho and even dangerous. Its just not acceptable to kill civilians, they need to be sure before they fire. We were meant to be liberating the civilians not attacking them

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs