Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Mini Van "Soccer Mom" driver

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#1New Post! Sep 10, 2008 @ 01:25:56
I'm a fairly patient driver. I let people in when there's a line behind me. I stop for people at corners waiting to cross.

Getting off work I pull my car onto the street from the parking lot. I get behind a Mini Van that has a bumper sticker that reads "Soccer Mom". I figure she's proud of her kid that plays soccer... no big deal. We get to the light and we're both going to take a left turn. She's stopped - waiting as cars approaching us are taking left turns (blinkers a blinking), until the light turns yellow/red and she finally turns. I sit at the red light and take my left as the light turned green. I end up behind her (again) and we come up to an intersection where our street has to turn left or right only. She's turning right and waiting for a green light even though she could have turned safely on the red. (Oh well, I think, she probably has infants aboard and just being extra careful.) That must explain why she's going 15mph in a school zone clearly marked at 20mph. 1 mile later (still at 15mph and ? mile from the school zone) we come up to Safeway? and she turns her van towards the driveway leaving the rear-end of her van protruding into my lane and halfway into the Left Turn lane blocking me. Right then and there I thought, "This lady needs her license to drive revoked"

I swear, some people shouldn't have the right to get behind a wheel.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs