Forums: Science:
Astronomy

Life on Europa or any other planet with water

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Perkins On July 10, 2009

santee,
#1New Post! Jul 04, 2009 @ 02:21:24
If water is present on this moon or any planet, does life assuredly follow?
I mean if there is water, then it is either the purest substance ever, or it has some form of life in it.
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jul 04, 2009 @ 02:44:26
Not necessarily, but some of those saturn and jupiter moons have got hot vents under the ocean, similar to earth. And strange life seems to grow around such vents here.
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#3New Post! Jul 04, 2009 @ 02:46:01
Haven't we Humans made a big enough mess of Earth?, without going to another Planet to start the process all over again????????
TheSparrow On July 11, 2009

Deleted

LaFollette, Tennessee
#4New Post! Jul 04, 2009 @ 02:47:43
I would think so. Probably microscopic and very basic life, since the atmosphere and planetary makeup of those other bodies aren't as suitable for evolution as ours.
Perkins On July 10, 2009

santee,
#5New Post! Jul 04, 2009 @ 08:02:44
what can religion say about these new life forms?
when the new world, north & south america, was discovered religion was extended to them with some ease seeing as they were still on earth.
In no religion is an entire other planet mentioned.

will life in these places shatter religion?
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#6New Post! Jul 04, 2009 @ 08:20:02
@Perkins Said

what can religion say about these new life forms?
when the new world, north & south america, was discovered religion was extended to them with some ease seeing as they were still on earth.
In no religion is an entire other planet mentioned.

will life in these places shatter religion?

Nope...Its just God getting bored with everyone losing faith...He is going to start over on a new planet and let us fester in our own muck until we die out. The book of Cole...The new new testimate.
matthewota On December 16, 2010

LA, California
#7New Post! Jul 29, 2009 @ 17:02:50
We do not know enough about how life started so it is mere speculation when NASA issues a press release about water being found on some satellite or planet.

There is one sure-fire way of confirming life on another planet, and that is detection of a oxygen atmosphere. Oxygen is such a reactive element that a continued presence in a planet's atmosphere would require life to sustain it.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#8New Post! Oct 14, 2009 @ 14:45:23
Why are we so sure that all life has to have water and oxygen? The universe is full of endless possibilities when it comes to life forms.
Matrix On November 13, 2009

#9New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 04:59:16
@Perkins Said

I mean if there is water, then it is either the purest substance ever, or it has some form of life in it.

There could be form of life in it and those are the species that are adapted to that planet. What's good for them may not be good for us. We are not sure what kind of water they have. It could be harmful for us. Who knows.

Anyway,I believe that there could be aliens who doesn't depend on water for survival. Unlike us,their body's needs could be different. It is an unending possibilities out there. Until we explore the whole Universe,all we can do is to guess and assume. Mars is the closest planet I can think of that the humans might migrate in the future.
Matrix On November 13, 2009

#10New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 05:00:54
@matthewota Said

We do not know enough about how life started so it is mere speculation when NASA issues a press release about water being found on some satellite or planet.

There is one sure-fire way of confirming life on another planet, and that is detection of a oxygen atmosphere. Oxygen is such a reactive element that a continued presence in a planet's atmosphere would require life to sustain it.

I've heard that an amonia was found in Mars. That's a proof of life out there. There must be someting about Mars that the NASA haven't revealed yet. It is because I don't think humans are ready for it.
Ellen On November 13, 2009

Banned

#11New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 17:29:05
It may be possible. Just need to drill in the ice and take a look.
magus On October 12, 2010

Anchorage, Alaska
#12New Post! Apr 26, 2010 @ 00:28:52
@Perkins Said

no, but life can at least get hydrated there! but to dig deeper, maybe???? i would think that larva would travel to the wet places...
matthewota On December 16, 2010

LA, California
#13New Post! Sep 26, 2010 @ 16:10:52
@Matrix Said

I've heard that an amonia was found in Mars. That's a proof of life out there. There must be someting about Mars that the NASA haven't revealed yet. It is because I don't think humans are ready for it.

There is ammonia in Jupiter's atmosphere too. Ammonia does not need life to form.

NASA is not hiding anything about life. If they found it they would announce it big time, as it would likely be a financial windfall for them, with increased budgets to get people there.
Raymondone888 On January 26, 2013
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Dec 16, 2010 @ 11:55:00
@Perkins Said

It is recently become evident that water is not a requirement for life.

Scientists have recently found life existing in a cyanide lake here on earth. It has rocked conventional thinking on where life can exist.
Raymondone888 On January 26, 2013
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Dec 16, 2010 @ 12:00:47
@deal1 Said

Why are we so sure that all life has to have water and oxygen? The universe is full of endless possibilities when it comes to life forms.

Now that is what I call an open mind Deal.

Actually, Life doesn't need water to exist.

How do I know that? you might ask.

Because only recently, life has been discovered thriving in a cyanide lake on earth.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs