Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

planet earth and us humans

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
undefined85 On July 27, 2012

Vancouver, Canada
#1New Post! Feb 13, 2012 @ 04:51:12
I've always thought that our planet is like a bigger version of us or a macrocosm of each individual human on this planet or each human is a microcosm of earth. But anyway, I've also read that the Earth is approximately 71% covered in water and that each human cell on average is about 70% water as well.

Does anyone see a link there? I find it very interesting. Maybe our planet is a person with it's own personality and we're the micro-ogranisms that inhabit this human body?

Anyways just a thought, not forcing it onto anyone... Just wanted to see what people thought and if it interested anyone else out there or not.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 13, 2012 @ 08:01:00
@undefined85 Said

I've always thought that our planet is like a bigger version of us or a macrocosm of each individual human on this planet or each human is a microcosm of earth. But anyway, I've also read that the Earth is approximately 71% covered in water and that each human cell on average is about 70% water as well.

Does anyone see a link there? I find it very interesting. Maybe our planet is a person with it's own personality and we're the micro-ogranisms that inhabit this human body?

Anyways just a thought, not forcing it onto anyone... Just wanted to see what people thought and if it interested anyone else out there or not.

Yes, that is just one of a thousand different links that to me are solid evidence of the presence of a designer, and a truly intelligent one who understands the possibilities of economic design, changing things only a lttle from a basic pattern, to acheive the desired results.

I believe that is also one reason why things are so interdependent.

Again, evidence of the power and wisdom of God in creation which takes me back to one of my favourite scriptures (I have many, lol). Romans 1:19,20 "because what may be known about God is manifest among them, for God made it manifest to them. 20 For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable".
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#3New Post! Feb 13, 2012 @ 13:36:41
@undefined85 Said

The earth is alive in the sense that it is very active internally and still evolving and reshaping itself. But having conscious thought might be a stretch.

Banned

#4New Post! Feb 13, 2012 @ 13:52:27
@futilevoice Said

The earth is alive in the sense that it is very active internally and still evolving and reshaping itself. But having conscious thought might be a stretch.

Guess that depends on whether or not you read Terry Pratchett or not, lol.

Vancouver, Canada
#5New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 21:20:28
@futilevoice Said

But having conscious thought might be a stretch.

But maybe we're too microscopic and embedded into earth to notice his or her thoughts? We're so small that we get to see earth or this person at a whole different level? And at the same time we have our own inhabitants or people of our own personal planet... the cycle just keeps going and going in all of us.

I'm not really arguing with you, this way of thinking just interests me.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#6New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 21:24:20
@undefined85 Said

But maybe we're too microscopic and embedded into earth to notice his or her thoughts? We're so small that we get to see earth or this person at a whole different level? And at the same time we have our own inhabitants or people of our own personal planet... the cycle just keeps going and going in all of us.

I'm not really arguing with you, this way of thinking just interests me.

Then all of the planets and stars would also be living thinking creatures. Right?
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 21:43:46
@futilevoice Said

There's theory floating around out there on the fringes that says we are just vessels for Mitochondria. They exist in each of our cells yet have completely different DNA than us, without them we are about as mobile as a blade of grass. THEY are the true planet owners, we are just the creature they ride about in.
Auzziechik On February 21, 2012

Banned

Crocland, Australia
#8New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 21:58:56
Nah Wheezy mate, doubt it - they more like do what we want for us, not the other way round. Science is so full of sheep s*** sometimes.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 22:09:29
@Auzziechik Said

Nah Wheezy mate, doubt it - they more like do what we want for us, not the other way round. Science is so full of sheep s*** sometimes.

I think they are looking at alternatives on this thread, I just added another fringe mode of thought. Not my beliefs.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#10New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 22:28:20
Clearly you guys are lacking in proper education. The earth and its inhabitants (except mice), are all part of a massive, organic supercomputer built by mice to answer the ultimate question of the meaning of life the universe and everything.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 22:36:51
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Clearly you guys are lacking in proper education. The earth and its inhabitants (except mice), are all part of a massive, organic supercomputer built by mice to answer the ultimate question of the meaning of life the universe and everything.

Now that is "hands down" the most intelligent thing I have ever read in a "religion & philosophy" forum!!!

Excellent!!!

Banned

#12New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 23:18:09
@chaski Said

Now that is "hands down" the most intelligent thing I have ever read in a "religion & philosophy" forum!!!

Excellent!!!

Another Douglas Adams fan apparently, lol.

Vancouver, Canada
#13New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 06:47:24
@futilevoice Said

Then all of the planets and stars would also be living thinking creatures. Right?

yeah that could be true, i'm not sure... also our entire solar system could be considered one being all together and then other solar systems are considered other individual living thinking creatures

hard to say
freiya On March 20, 2012

, Australia
#14New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 07:05:38
@undefined85 Said

hello,

I have had similar thoughts, and you can make it even bigger, like what if the earth is an atom in a giant's body

thanks for sharing
rad On August 07, 2012

Auckland, New Zealand
#15New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 07:52:49
Consider the galaxy as a particle at the sub-atomic scale of matter at a greater scale...
perhaps there is life on particles at the sub-atomic scale of matter as we know it?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs