The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

What to do--I talk to other guys, But I am still thinking of him...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Bananna On April 19, 2009

, Florida
#1New Post! Mar 03, 2009 @ 02:48:30
This guy and I were friends for about a year and we always got along, we flirted on and off with eachother, but nothing ever really came about. As time went on, I noticed that he started doing little things that seemed like he liked me--but he never made a move. I KNOW that I could have made a move but it just seemd like we both never got to the point, we would just flirt with each other and wait and it did suck. He started saving little things I would give him, or things that we would get when we were together, he would always be trying to take photos of us together, always willing to help me out with anything, and would talk to other guys, especially when we would be together and he would tell them I was " too much for them", and stuff like that and they should just leave me alone.

It seems like we were just fine being friends and if sometihng was going to happen in teh future it would, but about a month ago--we actually somewhat, "argued" if you will put it that way. It was not so much an arguement, but more a diffrence of opinions. He stated his opinion on sometihng and i dis-agreed. Now, Note, this opinion he had was on something rather personal to me and I just wanted to set him straight about how I felt. Since while we were "talking", he wouldn't let me get a word in, I e-mailed him how I felt about the whole situation and ever since then, he has not talked to me, gotten back to my message, nothing. I hate to admit..but I guess it could be a pride thing, but I dont know if I should talk to him first. I feel like I put the ball in his court and he just isnt doing anything..so I shouldnt have to talk to him and try to make " ammends" with him. He should try to talk to me, right?

Could it just be that he isnt really that intrested in me? This whole thing, really isnt that big of a deal and it happened so fast, I didnt think that he would not want to be friends over this. It seems like he just cut me out of his life (Iam assuming this, but I mean, he has not tried to get in contact), I am sure the next time we see each-other will be akward.

What do I say to him? Do I say anything to him? I dont know what to do. I am sorry this situation may sound stupid..but Iam just looking for some real advice..the truth is, I cant get him off my mind--no matter how much I try to DISTRACT myself. If him not responding to my message, means he doesnt want to talk anymore, I dont know how to forget him. The thing is, I am a sweet/Fun, girl and guys talk to me all the time, but I will be hanging out with them, but thinking of him and I HATE THAT!

ADVICE/HELP PLEASE.
Mike0101 On August 02, 2010

Cork, Ireland
#2New Post! Mar 03, 2009 @ 03:07:38
You need to say something,if only to get closure.It's too easy these those to just walk away from people without the courtesy of telling them why or saying goodbye.
Mike0101 On August 02, 2010

Cork, Ireland
#3New Post! Mar 03, 2009 @ 03:08:49
@Mike0101 Said

You need to say something,if only to get closure.It's too easy these those to just walk away from people without the courtesy of telling them why or saying goodbye.

oops...meant 'these days'....3am here....
trustingsoul On May 07, 2009

Deleted

anywhere, Pennsylvania
#4New Post! Mar 03, 2009 @ 03:43:02
I doubt if you'll get an answer or closure if this is his behavior. Some men play foolish games to trick and test. If he wants to set things straight he will. Some people can't admit when they're wrong and some don't even know what's wrong. He may be busy, if he's been in your life for a long time, he'll resurface. If you act happy to see him and don't make a big issue out of things it may blow over. If you approach him when he's not ready, you may only get a nasty reply. The ball is in his court. Try very hard to distract yourself.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#5New Post! Mar 03, 2009 @ 07:50:59
@Bananna Said

It was not so much an arguement, but more a diffrence of opinions. He stated his opinion on sometihng and i dis-agreed. Now, Note, this opinion he had was on something rather personal to me and I just wanted to set him straight about how I felt. Since while we were "talking", he wouldn't let me get a word in, I e-mailed him how I felt about the whole situation and ever since then, he has not talked to me, gotten back to my message, nothing.

It seems a shame as I think a real attraction was at work here. But to disagree on something important you is okay too. I guess it depends on how you did it. I'm surprised you emailed him afterwards or that it mattered so much- do you suspect you went too far in making your point in the email?

I feel you have to decide how important this 'issue' was to you. If it was paramount and he disagrees, this may be a warning signal he is not the right guy for you. There's no doubt he is offended of he would have responded by now. I wasn't there, so I can't comment on that.

I don't know what the issue is and I don't need to know. It was big enough to perhaps spell an end to the flirtation perhaps that's a good thing.

I am intrigued that a guy you like so much would not let you get a word in. As cute as he is, adoring as he seems, it strikes me that perhaps this guy can't bear to be wrong. Is this perhaps an alarm bell to you? It is to me - but thats only based on what you have told us. If he doesn't reply to your email - and your email wasn't nasty - I'd forget him.

If you know you were defensive for a reason that had nothing to do with him, on the night, or in your email, you have some soul-searching to do, and perhaps a face to face apology to make.

I'm sure you'll do what's best. Just be honest with yourself.

, Florida
#6New Post! Mar 03, 2009 @ 08:21:23
Ok--well..Yes, maybe I might have over did the E-mail alittle..but I do feel that I am sorry for the way the E-mail was written, but I am not sorry that I wrote it. It was the truth and how I felt and he needed to know this. I wont get into lots of detail about this whole mis-understanding, but it was kind of stupid in a sense. It was definitely not worth us getting worked up about..but he got worked up at me first and like i said, I could not even get a word in. He was not yelling at me, but it was one of those moments where he was talking and I see this, but I have no idea what he is saying..b/c I in my head was trying to analyze what he was saying, because it made no sense and everytime I would formulate a sentence, he wouldn't never let me get a word in.

That was why, when I got home that same night, it was just bothering me..I never got to state what I thought and it was just sort of eating at me, you know. So I just sent an E-mail and I probably would have fared better if I would have waited until I was cooled off abit but I just told him my side of things and thats been it. We have not talked since. It seems to me like he is the type of guy that can "dish it out, but can not take it". As for this little issue, "truly" being important, its important to me, I guess not so much for him, I dont know.

It is like I said, I am sorry for the tone of the E-mail, it may have come off stronger then I wanted it to, but I am not sorry that I wrote it. Why would he be surprised that I would E-mail him? We talk over E-mail all the time, and I guess you can say--I have never been the type to not State my opinion on things. I dont know how much of a good thing this is..lol. I have always put him in his place in the past when something small and stupid would come up like this. He should have known that I was not going to just let him slide on this one. I dont understand why he just wont talk to me about it. He didnt seem like that kind of guy. This whole little dis-agreement happened, and to be honest, I cant see him just throwing away our friendship over a simple diffrence of opinions. And just note- My e-mail was not Rude, or Dis-respectful--but It was the truth of the matter and I pretty much called him out on where he was wrong. ( because he was). Part of me thinks that..maybe he realized this, that he was wrong and its a pride thing. I dont know..that just seesm stupid to not want to talk things out. I dont know...
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#7New Post! Mar 03, 2009 @ 11:44:23
@Bananna Said

Ok--well..Yes, maybe I might have over did the E-mail alittle..but I do feel that I am sorry for the way the E-mail was written, but I am not sorry that I wrote it. It was the truth and how I felt and he needed to know this. I wont get into lots of detail about this whole mis-understanding, but it was kind of stupid in a sense. It was definitely not worth us getting worked up about..but he got worked up at me first and like i said, I could not even get a word in. He was not yelling at me, but it was one of those moments where he was talking and I see this, but I have no idea what he is saying..b/c I in my head was trying to analyze what he was saying, because it made no sense and everytime I would formulate a sentence, he wouldn't never let me get a word in.

That was why, when I got home that same night, it was just bothering me..I never got to state what I thought and it was just sort of eating at me, you know. So I just sent an E-mail and I probably would have fared better if I would have waited until I was cooled off abit but I just told him my side of things and thats been it. We have not talked since. It seems to me like he is the type of guy that can "dish it out, but can not take it". As for this little issue, "truly" being important, its important to me, I guess not so much for him, I dont know.

It is like I said, I am sorry for the tone of the E-mail, it may have come off stronger then I wanted it to, but I am not sorry that I wrote it. Why would he be surprised that I would E-mail him? We talk over E-mail all the time, and I guess you can say--I have never been the type to not State my opinion on things. I dont know how much of a good thing this is..lol. I have always put him in his place in the past when something small and stupid would come up like this. He should have known that I was not going to just let him slide on this one. I dont understand why he just wont talk to me about it. He didnt seem like that kind of guy. This whole little dis-agreement happened, and to be honest, I cant see him just throwing away our friendship over a simple diffrence of opinions. And just note- My e-mail was not Rude, or Dis-respectful--but It was the truth of the matter and I pretty much called him out on where he was wrong. ( because he was). Part of me thinks that..maybe he realized this, that he was wrong and its a pride thing. I dont know..that just seesm stupid to not want to talk things out. I dont know...

Well the way I see it, you were honest about your feelings; whatever the matter was about.

Being yourself is important. If he can't accept you for who you are, and that means your differences of opinion as well, than perhaps he's not right for you, not even as a friend.

A friend would, afterall, give you the benefit of the doubt, and talk to you, if even by email, and discuss things a bit further.

It all just sounds to me, rather an attempt at being controlling on his part; and if that's the kind of guy he is, do you really need that in your life?

, Florida
#8New Post! Mar 03, 2009 @ 21:25:51
Well...no I dont need that kind of stuff in my life..but really, he is not controlling. He is the kind of guy that is abit hard headed, I guess you can say. It takes him awhile to come to realize that, life isnt always going to go his way. I have been over things like this with him acouple of times--and most times, he comes around..and he even finds it in him, to admit to me that maybe, just maybe, I was right...or I had a point and he now sees the situation diffrently. It just seems like thats his personality..but really deep down he is a sweet guy and we have had lots of good times, and thats why, I cant believe that he would want to throw away our friendship--over something like this.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#9New Post! Mar 03, 2009 @ 23:35:39
@Bananna Said

Well...no I dont need that kind of stuff in my life..but really, he is not controlling. He is the kind of guy that is abit hard headed, I guess you can say. It takes him awhile to come to realize that, life isnt always going to go his way. I have been over things like this with him acouple of times--and most times, he comes around..and he even finds it in him, to admit to me that maybe, just maybe, I was right...or I had a point and he now sees the situation diffrently. It just seems like thats his personality..but really deep down he is a sweet guy and we have had lots of good times, and thats why, I cant believe that he would want to throw away our friendship--over something like this.

Then he's probably not throwing anything away; if this is the norm for him, he just needs to sulk a bit...he'll come around.

, Florida
#10New Post! Mar 04, 2009 @ 01:36:07
Its also not the norm for him not to want to talk things out. Although we got along, the times that we did kind of Clash, he would always be upfront with me about what he thought and I was upfront with him about what I thought. It really is not like him to "ignore" the situation..and thats how it seems..and it does not make sense. A friend of mine told me that he probably is waiting to see me in person..but wouldn't he just tell me he wants to see me in person..I just dont understand. I guess the only way I will ever FULLY understand is to talk to him, but I mean,does that even sound like a good idea. I left the ball in his court...and he's not doing anything--wouldn't I seem abit over bearing if I just went and talked to him?

, Florida
#11New Post! Mar 11, 2009 @ 00:09:05
Well..Finally..we did speak to each-other and he told me.."look... Our diffrences are water under a bridge". What does that really mean? He just wants to forget everything? He doesn't care about anything that went down? I mean, what he just wants us to be friends again,act like nothing happend?? He also told me he did not respond to me, because he did not want to fight, and he figured I would understand.
bobthebuilder On March 03, 2010

breezy point, Minnesota
#12New Post! Mar 11, 2009 @ 05:13:07
i would go to his house when hes not expecting you and have a big long talk with him. be honest and tell him everything about how you feel. be very polite the whole time, if you get sad or start crying its ok he will understand. just try and be nice to him even if hes getting upset. tell him how you really feel about him.

, Florida
#13New Post! Mar 11, 2009 @ 23:54:45
Well...we talked alittle about the situation. He just kept saying, he didnt want to fight with me, and he figured I wuold understand that was why he never replied to my E-mail or anything. He was like when it comes to our diffrences--were really not that diffrent, and thats when he said..its all just water under a bridge. I mean, I guess we are Ok now..but part of me still feels like things are not totally in the clear again..Is that normal to feel?? Should I tell him I feel this way still? I never wanted to mess up our friendship--and I mean it seems like he is willing to just forget everything I guess..as am I, but I dont know..will we ever have thing back to normal, you guys think?? =/
confusedboy On November 07, 2009

Houston, Texas
#14New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 02:16:36
Say quote one more time and I'll call u a nasty name
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs