AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#31New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 19:17:56
@roxygemini Said

Thanks boys and girls! It really is sad!
They will probably never catch them either, as my poor grandpa doesn't even have any important details to work off of.
My dad notified the neighbours, who said that they will at least keep watch to make sure they don't come back.
But I mean, it makes us wonder, if they would come back, knowing how easy it was. Or if when they were up on thier ladders, if they were scoping out his house for anything.
It's a scary world out there. And with people's lack of morals, you never know.
The best we can do is spread the word, and make people aware of these elements in times like these, so people we love don't fall victim.

So sorry for your grandpa Roxy...there are real low lives out there...how they can look another person in the eye and do this is beyond me! And the WILL get theirs! Don't worry about that!

But I haven't read if you contacted the police?
I sure hope you have, so they can be on the lookout for these punks, so their little "job" won't be so easy.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#32New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 19:21:37
@newmexicodan Said

The other day, my 80 year old parents got a call at night from their grandson saying "Grandpa,Grandpa, this is Wes and I went with some friends to Canada and we got drunk and put in jail and now I need $1,000 to get out".My mother was listening on the extension and wrote on a piece of paper to my dad-ask him what his mother's maiden name is,and the guy hung up.It turned out the real Wes was asleep in his apartment and in the newspaper the next day,some other old people had been attempted to be scammed by the same type of call. Disturbing,to say the least.

Hummm, for them to know the grandson's name, they must have known them...even more disturbing.
newmexicodan On March 31, 2024

roswell,
#33New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 19:28:11
Yes,I think the grandson's id was partially stolen else how could they know the ph# and names?
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#34New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 19:45:42
My dad is going to look into it further with my grandpa, for sure.

I left the f***ers a love letter on craigslist. Although I am sure they will never see it. Hopefully someone will though, and at least not fall victim to the same scam.

https://niagara.en.craigslist.ca/mis/1025018733.html
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#35New Post! Feb 08, 2009 @ 05:53:16
that's a good idea, roxy..it won't matter that the criminals will read the letter. Hopefully, others won't be "taken" as well..

Saege, i don't need to be forgiven for anything...you obviously have no idea what my "forum" name really means..you're making assumptions...as usual.. at least i asked the question..

Roxy, I hope the money that your grandpa had been "scammed" for, gets replaced in some "round-about" way..No one, especially someone that nice, deserves to be treated like that.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#36New Post! Feb 08, 2009 @ 06:09:07
@ultranewbie Said

that's a good idea, roxy..it won't matter that the criminals will read the letter. Hopefully, others won't be "taken" as well..

Saege, i don't need to be forgiven for anything...you obviously have no idea what my "forum" name really means..you're making assumptions...as usual.. at least i asked the question..

Roxy, I hope the money that your grandpa had been "scammed" for, gets replaced in some "round-about" way..No one, especially someone that nice, deserves to be treated like that.

Thanks sweetness.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#37New Post! Feb 10, 2009 @ 03:28:11
@ultranewbie Said

Woah! Back up the bus! I thing my words were: "noobs must be forgiven,....but, if you call yourself Ultra, does that mean that you don't ever expect to change?"

OK, I won't forgive you.

Oooooooooohm!
Stigma On February 13, 2010
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#38New Post! Feb 10, 2009 @ 03:31:39
Wow, don't know how I missed this post, but that sucks Roxy. Sorry.
Christen On March 03, 2009

Deleted

Medina, Ohio
#39New Post! Feb 10, 2009 @ 03:34:22
Damn that makes me sick that pepole do this s*** to elders they have noway of tell them off and makes me want to kick thire a** in if i was thire I do it for your grandpa cuz I don't go that s*** now Iam very mad.
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#40New Post! Feb 12, 2009 @ 03:17:21
saege, please...you still haven't figured out my name? oohhhhmmmm.....then it is you, who are lost...i dub thee unforgiven...until you figure out what the name means..

roxy, your gramps, has something worth more than $400.00..Not too many folks care about what goes on in the world..especially with the elderly..

i think he already knows that $400.00 is replaceable - but to have someone who cares like you in his life...it's irreplaceable..keep being who you are..that's worth more than all the money in the world.8)
bybee On March 11, 2009

Deleted

watertown, Minnesota
#41New Post! Feb 12, 2009 @ 03:19:52
@roxygemini Said

My dad is going to look into it further with my grandpa, for sure.

I left the f***ers a love letter on craigslist. Although I am sure they will never see it. Hopefully someone will though, and at least not fall victim to the same scam.

https://niagara.en.craigslist.ca/mis/1025018733.html

Good for you! bybee
whatstheplan On April 26, 2009

Australia, Australia
#42New Post! Feb 12, 2009 @ 10:26:41
You know - that REALLY sucks!! I hope it is true "what goes round comes round" and they get to feel sh!t when they get older and think "we shouldnt of done that...'

You know here in Aust with the bush fires at one end of the country and floods up the other - well we have had a few low mongrels going round doorknocking - 'collecting for the causes' and of course they are just not legitimate and they are keeping that money. Wherever there are humans there will be these scumbags (not even low enough name for them but cant politely put it as I would like to..) who rip off other people who are more trusting and kind at heart. Life sucks with them around for sure....
spadge On February 18, 2010
Aging Disgracefully

Deleted

Santa Land, United Kingdom
#43New Post! Feb 12, 2009 @ 16:16:52
I just got a neg kudos for wishing harm on these criminals. Looks like they are on this site.
waimao98 On December 08, 2009

Quanzhou, China
#44New Post! Apr 21, 2009 @ 06:32:28
How can they do this to an old people?

People here could share the scam you known. To avoid others being cheated.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs