Forums:
Random

minimum weeks workers

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#1New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 14:42:51
What do you think of people that only work long enough to collect Unemployment insurance for the next years or so.

I mean people who only work lets say 3 months because it the minimum to get Unemployment insurance. Than when that runs out to go work their minimun weeks or months again.

I know a few that do this.
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#2New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 14:47:12
I don't think we have that in the USA.
You do not collect unemployment here unless you are laid off.
If you quit,You find a new job.
If thats what they do in Canada,you are going to get a lot of people coming there.

Upnorth, Canada
#3New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 14:58:29
@Allyson Said

I don't think we have that in the USA.
You do not collect unemployment here unless you are laid off.
If you quit,You find a new job.
If thats what they do in Canada,you are going to get a lot of people coming there.

Here its .
Regular benefits can be paid if you lose your job through no fault of your own, for example, due to shortage of work, seasonal or mass lay-offs and you are available for and able to work but you can?t find a job.

To be eligible for regular benefits you must show that:

you have been without work and without pay for at least 7 consecutive days; and
in the last 52 weeks or since your last claim, this period is called the qualifying period, you have worked for the required number of insurable hours. The hours are based on where you live and the unemployment rate in your economic region at the time of filing your claim for benefits.

We are up north so there is a lot of seasonal work I know they do get laid off every fall.
But some live like that since they were old enough to work they take the winters off only work in the summer months or when their benifits stop.
jinks On May 17, 2009

Deleted

no place in particular,
#4New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 15:17:16
Nice work if you can get it.
I have been self employed for the past 30 yrs and the work that I do has pretty much dried up in this economy. Kinda the Joe the plumber but without the benefits. Always paid the bills, but not much more than that. Guess it is time to find a 'real' job, then if I'm not working they can pay me anyway.
feebs On February 21, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Oct 22, 2008 @ 21:13:35
our system here in the UK is so easy for people to manipulate...it is a disgrace that people just get away with things scot free and the rest of us pay for it...but this is how it is ...i suppose it is the same everywhere...over here you dont have to work for an amount of time before getting unemployment benefit..the only time you dont get it straight away is if you leave your job just because you want to or get sacked...x

Upnorth, Canada
#7New Post! Oct 30, 2008 @ 17:53:11
@feebs Said

our system here in the UK is so easy for people to manipulate...it is a disgrace that people just get away with things scot free and the rest of us pay for it...but this is how it is ...i suppose it is the same everywhere...over here you dont have to work for an amount of time before getting unemployment benefit..the only time you dont get it straight away is if you leave your job just because you want to or get sacked...x

So they don't even need to work so many months or weeks there to get benifits just to be laid off,I can imagine the abuse of this system.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs