The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

People who work hard and then look down on others...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 16:12:49
OK, I tried to think of a succinct title.

Basically I'm fed up of people who are really keen and do their work in good time but then ask people who they KNOW will not have done as much as them so that they can feel better about how much they've done!

It's infuriating.

One of my friends goes absolutely manic everytime a piece of work is due in, yesterday our last ever assignment was due and on monday she came round to mine to record her work onto one of my cds (our assignment was a presentation with recorded audio that we had to save to cd and hand in)

So I helped her out, and afterwards over msn she asked me at least three times whether I thought it was any good, kept on and on about it even though she knew i hadn't finished and was still trying to get it all done in time.

Now we're supposed to be revising for our exam next week but I'm really not feeling it and wanted distractions so came onto tfs to catch up with people - and she's asking me loads about how much i've done etc. She knows that there's no way I'll have done more than her, we were supposed to go shopping yesterday but she basically blew me off for revision!

Sorry for the major rant.

It's like when people say "How many words have you done?" Full well knowing that you won't have done as many as them and want to feel good about themselves.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 16:17:55
Grrr I have a friend exactly like that!! She always asks how much people have written and what they've done because she likes to feel like she's superior.
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 16:18:38
@stefficles Said

So I helped her out, and afterwards over msn she asked me at least three times whether I thought it was any good, kept on and on about it even though she knew i hadn't finished and was still trying to get it all done in time.

She could have just been asking for your opinion, maybe she was worried she had f***ed up..sort of like getting someone to proof read
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 16:22:21
@monkeymadness Said
She could have just been asking for your opinion, maybe she was worried she had f***ed up..sort of like getting someone to proof read

I know - but when I've been asked the same question seven or eight times over the course of two days.... that on its own gets on your wick. meh. She's lovely but I just needed a rant mostly!

Over this whole assignment I somehow became the person to ask questions.... so many people asked me questions about what they should include etc and i had no more idea than any of them.
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#5New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 16:36:52
You haven't considered telling her to shut the f*** up, have you? It tends to work well.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs