Ask the Atheist

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17
Lord_DJ On January 13, 2009

Deleted

you really want to know =$,
#241New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 10:42:17
like you said its Human nature to belive, BUT if people have been beliving for centurys then surly we know better then them.

And surly all the sientific proof in the world prooves wrong most of the words of 'profets' and 'god'

acording to the bible, humans were the first life on earth when it has been PROOVED that we EVOLVED from bacteria and before us dinosaurs lived, sure your not a christian BUT you do infact belive in Jesus as a profet and share some of thier views so not all of my talk might not be right but i havent read the Quran

Deleted

#242New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 10:43:11
@person Said
ok y DONT u believe in a god??
wat is ur proof that he doesnt exist. and pls sum1 answer my questions abt the evolution theory i hav in my previous posts

my proof that he doesnt exist is that there is no proof that he does egsist
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#243New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 10:44:56
the assumption that we dont have proof of his non-existence does not automatically mean that he does exist.

I dont beleive in god or allah because its all too far fetched to me. I mean, where does it stop? just this earth? all over the place? which god is the real god? what about all the people worshiping the wrong god? what about all the people before the religion was invented? where did they go then? What did god make the earth out of? why invent a bunch of people to worship him? Is heaven filled with aliens?

I just dont buy it, life is too short for me to spend worshiping something.

Deleted

#244New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 10:46:45
This is a copy of the internet Quaran that ivv just found ,

Chapter 1 - "The Opening"

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

1.1: All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

1.2: The Beneficent, the Merciful.

1.3: Master of the Day of Judgment.

1.4: Thee do we serve and Thee do we beseech for help.

1.5: Keep us on the right path.

1.6: The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

Never in the first chapter does it mention why we should worship him.
person On January 01, 2011

sydney, Australia
#245New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 10:53:29
well giv it a shot.
and in regards 2 jesus we do believe he is a prophet and slave of Allah. we DO NOT beleieve that he was the son of god. we believe god is 2 powerful 2 b in any need of children (because the fact is that ppl have children 4 sum kind of benefit). we regard all prophets as equals 2 us humans that is we DO NOT worship them.
wat i am trying 2 say is that the quran and science go hand in hand if u look in 2 it. the quran states things that could have been imposiible 4 ppl in the century it was revealed 2 have known such as the embryo (im sure they didnt have ultra-sounds)
and science does back up our prophet muhamad... first of all he did exist and second of all he performed a miracle by the will of allah where by he split the moon into 2 as a sign and proof. recently, astronomists have recently discoverd that the moon was infact split into 2 at one stage.
ome recently related observations made during exploration of the lunar surface. Enormously long (hundreds of kilometers) and deep (ranging hundreds of meters to tens of kilometers) ruptures, straight and curved, were detected. These ruptures are traversed with huge depressions such as Mare Orientalis, which is 1,000 km in diameter 9 km deep. It has been argued that such phenomena cannot be explained by the impact of asteroid-size objects or as being lunar rills induced by tensional cracks. One suggested explanation was that these could result from a splitting and reassembling event. (Reported by Dr. Zaghlul An-Naggar, Al-Ahram newspaper, Cairo, Sept. 23, 2002; Signs of Scientific Inimitability of the Noble Qur?an, 4th ed., (International Shorouq Bookshop, 2002) pp .49-52.

In the same work, Dr. Zaghloul also cited an Indian historical manuscript (India Office Library, London, manuscript #2807/152-173), which says that this incident ?observed by the Indian king of Malibar, Chakrawati Farmas?was the starting point of Islam spreading to India. When he heard that this was a miracle seen by Makkan pagans to support the Prophet, he and all his people embraced Islam.

Also of interest could be a similar event of a moon splitting, recently observed by the space ship Voyager in 1986. Miranda, one of the five moons of the planet Uranus, was hit by a large piece of planetary debris that split it into a number of fragments, which later reassembled by gravity. Photographs of the event were recorded published in the National Geographic magazine (August 1986).

sydney, Australia
#246New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 10:57:09
well let me jst tell u the difference between Allah and other gods:
1.Allah and jesus (christianity):
*Allah does not beget nor was he begotten
*Jesus used 2 eat, drink, go 2 the toilet and according to them he DIED... now if he was a god y would he die? didnt he have the power to overpower them?
2. this is with ALOT of religions who create statues and idols with their own hands and worship them. now in this case who created who? i think they created their own gods that dont harm them or benfefit them.

sydney, Australia
#247New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 10:58:19
Allah does not need us we need him, so worshiping Allah is for our salvation, he is heedless, if we worship or not, it will not effect him in any way. We are poor and he is rich, we will die and he is the ever living, we are low, he is high. We are created and he is the creator

sydney, Australia
#248New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 11:00:00
https://islamenglish.com/ISLAAM/why-embrace-islaam
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#249New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 11:01:52
Person, why dont you start a thread on Islam? You can put all the info you like in there and anyone interested in converting can get what they need there

Deleted

#250New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 11:06:44
@person Said
well let me jst tell u the difference between Allah and other gods:
1.Allah and jesus (christianity):
*Allah does not beget nor was he begotten
*Jesus used 2 eat, drink, go 2 the toilet and according to them he DIED... now if he was a god y would he die? didnt he have the power to overpower them?
2. this is with ALOT of religions who create statues and idols with their own hands and worship them. now in this case who created who? i think they created their own gods that dont harm them or benfefit them.

yeah thats exactly what im saying, but with all religions. I dont belive in god and think that he's a phenominon that was made by the ignorant people to explane things that they couldn't. The basic princibles of religion i can understand ,( like all the rules they put in place) and yes i belive that religious people can be alot more outgoing than athiests and agnostics. HOWEVER, i'v never belived in god because i have never seen any proof of his egsistance, and if there is ONE god then why is there so many religions proclaiming to worship the correct god / Gods?

And in some religions people are even making money out of the nievity of people.

If you can show me proof that i cant argue with that there is a god then i will never argue about religion again.

Deleted

#251New Post! Mar 15, 2008 @ 11:13:31
@person Said
https://islamenglish.com/ISLAAM/why-embrace-islaam

And im sorry but that websites wrong,

It needs to do som e background research on the other religions its mentioning, por exampl?, Jesus was NOT a christian. The Christians Worship Jesus so if Jesus was christian then he was self worshiping, he never preached about WORSHIPING him only that he was spreading the word of 'god'.

bogie On June 27, 2009

#252New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 03:50:17
@buffalobill90 Said
Are you certain, beyond any doubt, that no supernatural creator exists?

No. As an agnostic I'm certain that the human mind is not capable of ever knowing whether a supernatural creator exists or not. The claim that one exists is made by the faithful so the faithful bear the burdon of proof. I'm not saying there's no creator. I'm simply saying that it's delusional to think that there is in spite of the evidence that suggests alternatives for the beginnings of the universe and the ascension of the species.
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#253New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 17:34:09
@lord_dj Said
And im sorry but that websites wrong,

It needs to do som e background research on the other religions its mentioning, por exampl?, Jesus was NOT a christian. The Christians Worship Jesus so if Jesus was christian then he was self worshiping, he never preached about WORSHIPING him only that he was spreading the word of 'god'.

This can be seen many different ways, Jesus is not a Christian, he is the Christ. Meaning he is THE Christian, the first one of whom every Christian has to take the example from. You may see Christianity as a religon that simply involves worshiping, but there's way more to it than that, to any religion for that matter. Alot of self proclaimed Christians don't know it. To be Christian is to be like Christ and that can only be done by studying and practicing his teachings, like buddist do not worship budda, they pay him the ultimate homage by closely studying his teachings and living by them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...15 16 17

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs