Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#16New Post! Aug 09, 2007 @ 19:04:51
@cmplord Said
I wonder how much alcohol is needed before you cause permanent damage to yourself....must need to be a pretty heavy drinker over a number of years to rack up some nasty probs

Not to sound preachy, but even one sip of alcohol can cause permanent damage. Not likely to, but could.

Weed... when not cut into by shady people is not bad for you. Yes, if you smoke it AND you are predisposed to lung cancer, it may cause cancer, but so could sitting in a traffic jam, or walking beside a busy street. ANY inhalation of a foreign substance can cause lung cancer. Just like drinking can cause liver cancer. By the way, the person who was talking about schizophrenia, did you mean psoriasis? Or did you think weed causes schizophrenia? Another ailment that can be cause by exposure to weed IF you are predisposed to the disease.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#18New Post! Aug 09, 2007 @ 19:14:35
@cmplord Said
It depends on the person. I was talking about stuff like brain damage, which takes place from long term consumption. However, the damage you are referring too is so unlikely that its negligible

Hence why I said not likely to and also why I was hoping that I didn't sound preachy. Sorry if I did
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#19New Post! Aug 09, 2007 @ 19:24:15
Neither one is good for you, so it makes no sense to say which is "better for you."

There is an argument to be made for which is more damaging, but you have to define the parameters of the argument. Are you talking about societal effects, effects on personal health, effects on personal relationships?
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#20New Post! Aug 09, 2007 @ 19:27:14
@jonnythan Said
Neither one is good for you, so it makes no sense to say which is "better for you."

There is an argument to be made for which is more damaging, but you have to define the parameters of the argument. Are you talking about societal effects, effects on personal health, effects on personal relationships?

Good point Jonnythan
grapevine On October 10, 2007

Antioch, Tennessee
#21New Post! Aug 09, 2007 @ 19:41:18
@steveabeledo Said
No way!...that is my personal view but hey lets see what you guys think?

Why do people even use this comparison at all?

Hmm..let me think: Do I want to ruin my health by smoking, or by drinking?

Damn, that's a tough one.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs