Random

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
1992 On January 03, 2008

Deleted

Surrey, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 17:18:11
I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in just under two days, and I thought it was AMAZING!! Unfortunately, no one in my family reads Harry Potter, so I've had no one to talk to about it.

Please note, this isn't really for people who didn't like the book, because I will get in an argument with you if you don't, and I don't really want to do that...

Anyway, I thought JK Rowling tied up all the loose ends really well. And what happened with Snape was just such a twist, I NEVER saw it coming. Its like all this time I hated him - come on, he KILLED Dumbledore - and then all of a sudden you realise that he's actually one of the most amazing people ever!!

Anyway, I'd love to talk to people about the book, which I thought was the best book I've ever read. So please post. xx
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 17:22:10
I wait till the film comes out.. as im not really a massive reader of the harry potter stuff.. any other little secrets..
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#3New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 17:29:41
I thought it was a bit slow, and I think JK has sorta lost tough with the target audience - kids.
OR - maybe that wasn't her target audience in the first place - though the first book definately read more like a kids book, they've got darker as they went on.
slightlybent On April 28, 2008

, Tennessee
#4New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 17:39:47
Well I think Mrs. Rowling wasn't intending the series for little children given how it began with the death of Harrys' parents.I mean come on what child is going to be happy to read about deaths like that at a young age. It was an incredible series though,and it captured so many peoples attention both for good and bad.

There of course is going to be people who don't like the books for various reasons.Some of them religious aspects because it deals with witchcraft.

Ok now that I've said my peace about the series in general.As to the final book....I was so amazed by what occured in it,and I'll not give details for those that have yet to read it.J. K. Rowling really closed up all the plot lines that she created throughout the series,and really gave it a final note basically not leaving things easily open for another author to come in and write more about Harry though if she allowed it someone could easily write another series regarding the world she created.Though it might be difficult considering all that she did.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#5New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 17:39:50
@sheepy Said
I thought it was a bit slow, and I think JK has sorta lost tough with the target audience - kids.
OR - maybe that wasn't her target audience in the first place - though the first book definately read more like a kids book, they've got darker as they went on.

broadening her target audience. which makes her more $$$
hence why she has two different covers for the same book.
innit!

#6New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 17:49:12
I think the books are written like if you where harry or the gang growing up.. so if you read the first one as a child harrys age in the first one.. then read them as you grow up, i guess you can relate to the better..??
shardsofwinter On September 23, 2008

Lost in the gray, Colorado
#7New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 18:00:12
I was actually a little disappointed with the ending. I won't say anything but... Other than that, I agree with you guys, she tied up the loose ends and brought the series to a close.

I do have to say though, the last last few pages freaked me the hell out
innit!

#8New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 18:01:40
@shardsofwinter Said
I was actually a little disappointed with the ending. I won't say anything but... Other than that, I agree with you guys, she tied up the loose ends and brought the series to a close.

Give us a spoiler.. what happened.. im intrigued now!
ugly_ducky On September 30, 2008

Jurassic Pond,
#9New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 18:23:55
@markfox01 Said
Give us a spoiler.. what happened.. im intrigued now!

Nope! You said you will wait for the movies and the final movie will be out in 2010
emogrrl420 On October 28, 2007

columbia city, Indiana
#10New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 18:25:17
my mom is reading that right now.

personally, im not a big fan
condor On July 26, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 18:45:34
harry potter's seventh book is not still published in
Italian, usually my brother buy it, he reads, and then i
read it. but this time, i think i will buy it in English,
so I will know the story before him!!!!!
1992 On January 03, 2008

Deleted

Surrey, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Aug 01, 2007 @ 20:01:05
@shardsofwinter Said

After reading my first post, few people who hadn't finished the book yet would risk reading any furthar. I know I sure wouldn't. Besides, it's been out for ages, you should have finished it by now. Although, being a 15year old on summer holidays, I have more time than most. But getting back to the point, I think you can risk telling us why you didn't like the ending...xx
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs