Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#1New Post! Dec 15, 2010 @ 15:06:02
Warning: Spoilers!

I want to discuss it and what you guys thought of it.

I was very, very, very disappointed. I think this is the worst Harry Potter and not because they didn't' have the crucial scenes, its because they rushed through them.

It felt so rushed that I felt feelings, emotions, turmoil that in the book was significant to the plot development and movement were instead merely thoughts and fleeting moments in the movie. You didn't have time to feel for the characters and their struggle because just as soon as that moment came, it was gone.

It was too rushed...and it felt like the directors/producers compromised character and emotional pull to instead just present the story and crucial scenes. I understand it's a long book and hence the two part movie...but still, I felt that it was too compromising.

RUSHED, RUSHED, RUSHED!

I also didn't like the acting for the most part. I thought it sucked. Rupert Grint who plays Ron, I think was the only "acting" in the movie I liked.

But I did immensely enjoy the tale of three brothers and how they presented it.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#2New Post! Dec 15, 2010 @ 15:21:36
too long with too little content for me.
hopefully the next part will be more substantial.

sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 15, 2010 @ 15:25:03
I liked it. I think they really focused on the struggle that the whole situation was putting the characters in, though I do think that Ron's argument with Harry could have been a bit more connected to the plot. It seemed a bit jagged.

I thought the acting was very much improved, Emma Watson seemed to actually know how to do more than just use her eyebrows. All in all a thousand times better than the last one, which was s***.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 15, 2010 @ 15:31:26
I liked it, it sort of closed everything and we found out who was good and who was bad. I liked the little chapter at the end which explained what happened after everything had calmed down and they had kids and stuff. Better than Half Blood Prince which I thought lasted ages with remarkably little actually happening.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#5New Post! Dec 15, 2010 @ 16:05:16
@jmo Said

I liked it, it sort of closed everything and we found out who was good and who was bad. I liked the little chapter at the end which explained what happened after everything had calmed down and they had kids and stuff. Better than Half Blood Prince which I thought lasted ages with remarkably little actually happening.

Lol...I was talking about the movie, not the book.

I loved, loved the book. I was just disappointed with the movie.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#6New Post! Dec 15, 2010 @ 19:37:34
I was SERIOUSLY disappointed with the movie! A waste of $8.50, IMO!!! But because we own the first six, I suppose we will buy it when it comes out! I think it's getting stale on the big screen! I still love "The Goblet of Fire" one the best, or maybe I actually like the first four the best!!!
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#7New Post! Dec 15, 2010 @ 19:38:34
I havent' seen a movie since the 3rd one..I thought that one sucked donkey balls so didn't bother with the rest. I like the books better anyways.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#8New Post! Dec 17, 2010 @ 13:24:32
@boobagins Said

It was too rushed...and it felt like the directors/producers compromised character and emotional pull to instead just present the story and crucial scenes. I understand it's a long book and hence the two part movie...but still, I felt that it was too compromising.

As opposed to the depth of the first six? The only real point to seeing these movies for me at this point is to see the big scenes illustrated. I've given up expecting them to be first-rate representations of the books; the only parts they do well with are the climatic scenes. I'm actually just glad that these last few have made some sense. People I know who haven't read the books watched the first ones and had no fricken clue what was even going on.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#9New Post! Dec 17, 2010 @ 13:44:00
@chisa96 Said

As opposed to the depth of the first six? The only real point to seeing these movies for me at this point is to see the big scenes illustrated. I've given up expecting them to be first-rate representations of the books; the only parts they do well with are the climatic scenes. I'm actually just glad that these last few have made some sense. People I know who haven't read the books watched the first ones and had no fricken clue what was even going on.

No...none of the movies had depth as the books...but all the characters in my opinion had some time to transition from one emotional state to another.

This one didn't. That's the biggest thing I didn't like. Not that the crucial big scene's weren't there, but that I think the audience lost a lot emotional pull to the characters because of how it moved too fast.

Compared to the other movies, it felt like you were just watching the story as opposed to being pulled into the story.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#10New Post! Dec 17, 2010 @ 13:45:44
@boobagins Said

Compared to the other movies, it felt like you were just watching the story as opposed to being pulled into the story.

I don't know... I think it was on level with the previous couple, and miles above the first few.

It's the second part that I really want to see though. If they were rushing it, it was because they had to get it built up so they could blow up the school. For a series that does best with climatic scenes, that's the one that's going to be their focus.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 17, 2010 @ 14:26:25
I think this one was probably the best so far...It was closest to the book since 2, the acting has come on wonderfully, the CG has improved massively, and there were some quite funny moments.

I think it was quite hard, as the first half of the book mostly consisted of camping, which is fairly boring, but they managed it. They did leave a few things out, but I'm figuring/hoping that they will be in part 2.

This one was definately my favourite film, though not my favourite book...but maybe that's part of it. I don't think they left much out though, and emotional/dramatic scenes were well done, especailly Dobby

It's hard to properly compare the emotional aspect of the book to the film though, because the omniscent narrator gives you a far greater insight into the characters (though mainly Harry) thoughts and emotions than the film can (unless they are fantastic actors, or say it) so you dont really connect with the characters as much. But I find that with any book/movie adaptation.

I came out after watching Half Blood Prince actually shaking with anger, it made me want to scream...but I came out of this one fairly happy with how they did it.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#12New Post! Dec 17, 2010 @ 14:43:42
Haha...different strokes for different people.

Eh who knows, I HATED the first three harry potters so much. I hated the first one and I was so angry with the person that took us to see it because I knew I wouldn't like it and I was right.

But...I have since watched the first 4 harry potters a minimum of 10 tens and they have grown on me and I have no doubt this will grow on me and I'll end up liking it in the end.

It just...disappointed.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#13New Post! Dec 17, 2010 @ 17:58:14
@boobagins Said

Haha...different strokes for different people.

Eh who knows, I HATED the first three harry potters so much. I hated the first one and I was so angry with the person that took us to see it because I knew I wouldn't like it and I was right.

But...I have since watched the first 4 harry potters a minimum of 10 tens and they have grown on me and I have no doubt this will grow on me and I'll end up liking it in the end.

It just...disappointed.

right, I felt the same way!
erkk On June 27, 2011

Banned

ny, Hawaii
#14New Post! Dec 21, 2010 @ 07:27:31
I also get rid of that movie,but my friends like it and discuss together
eddy456 On May 20, 2013

Banglore, India
#15New Post! Dec 21, 2010 @ 11:12:28
The movie is awesome but not disappointed me..
superb blockbuster...
The acting of the cast is also superb, specially the adult cast.

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs