Philosophy

*******freedom******

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
angestiu On November 24, 2007

Antipolo, Philippines
#16New Post! Mar 11, 2007 @ 03:28:48
more opinion please..........in general freedom..............

Antipolo, Philippines
#17New Post! Mar 11, 2007 @ 03:31:18
and im giving u my generous
1st kudos catch that jam
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#18New Post! Mar 11, 2007 @ 03:37:33
you could say the everyone has total freedom to do anything that they want at least one time.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#19New Post! Mar 11, 2007 @ 03:42:05
freedom's just a word,
a fairly non-discriptive word at that.

this conversation will go in circles,

you can't be free, only free from something.
sorry to get all into semantics but your question is a contradiction.
we are free from many things yet constrained by others.

a persons freedom is in their interpretation.
i'd consider myself free of many things.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#20New Post! Mar 11, 2007 @ 03:45:26
Janis Joplin, "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose."

Antipolo, Philippines
#21New Post! Mar 11, 2007 @ 08:25:16
go on pal release the inner freedom.................................
iamspace On March 12, 2007

Deleted

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
#22New Post! Mar 11, 2007 @ 14:39:36
Freedom is the ability to do.

Feeling reveals our desires.

Thought defines our desires to ourselves.

Once the desire is defined, we can then act on it.

My mouth feels hot, and I feel thirsty. I feel hot inside, and I want something sweet. ICE CREAM!

I have defined my desire.

Now I must DECIDE to go, or not go, get a bowl of ice cream. (ice cream must be available)

But I have no ice cream. I can go buy some.

But I have no money. I can go get a job.

But the economy is poor, and there are no jobs. Political reasons.

Maybe I can steal some ice cream.

But that will put me in jail, and I will lose more freedom, and somebody else will lose their freedom to have what they worked for.

I have no freedom to get ice cream because there are no jobs or I can't keep a job because the employer gets rid of me for political reasons.

Political reasons are laws. Laws take away freedom. I have no freedom to do anymore.

This same dynamic of freedom exists in every area of life.

It is always the measure of a human's power over another human. Fear of the other human is the cause of their lust for power over us. Get rid of your fears, and you will have freedom and no human will control you. Fear is the basis of terrorism. Terrorism is not new. It is a "BUSS WORD" (Marketing need and fear) to make people think other people are our enemy. THE NEED FOR AN ENEMY keeps the WAR MACHINE alive and prosperous. The WAR MACHINE does not care about you and I. It only cares about profit. It only wants your money and support. It does not care about you or you family, or your little children. It hopes your little children will die because that will make you angry, and an angry you will support the WAR MACHINE.

THE NEED FOR AN ENEMY IS YOUR ENEMY! It has been around on this planet for a long time. It is NOT new, and it has been affecting FREEDOM for a long time. ALL KINDS of freedom! The most insidious part of this enemy is that it is inside of you!

Get rid of this enemy, and you can DO once again. You will have freedom.
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#23New Post! Mar 12, 2007 @ 16:43:03
@iamspace Said
I appreciate what you have said about this babyrs
, but in consideration of the fact that I attempted to post a NON-link post as well with no attack agenda involved, but perhaps a revelation of censorship, I think the lines of free speach are undefined at the administrative level here. I will find another place to speak to people around the world.

If you had bothered to look back - then perhaps you may have noticed that I have unquarantined your post and it is now free for all to see, read and comment upon as of the time you highlighted this matter yesterday.

If you feel that you may be better off in another forum - we cannot stop you. Thanks for stopping by.
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Mar 12, 2007 @ 16:51:06
People say there is no freedom, but I can go rob a bank right now if i was that way inclined...but I would be arrested and it is immoral to steal...
So freedom is a measure of what you can physicaly do? or a measure of what other people say you can do?
or maybe freedom should be measured by social constraints?...like what you should and shouldnt do?
8288 On September 04, 2021

london, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Mar 17, 2007 @ 10:11:03
there can only be freedom in heaven where the good in gods eyes are put there (by the way dont want to go in to some long chritian talk if you wish pm and try me :P so there would only be good people not bad. are lives on earth are not freedom we are ruled by laws goverment etc.. you cant swim naked in a public lake eh why not is completly natural some guy got arested for changing in a public tennis court?? all kids have to go to school (yes i know this is for the better but thats not the point) just think all of the things we cannot do because of laws etc..

and also i dont agree with buying land yes i know its been going on for i dont know how many years thousands millions? i just dont agree that we can buy land which god gave us, all those people in hot countrys maybe cant survive of wild fruit because someone gave some metel coins for it. so people have to buy the food and stuff ehh i dont know maybe im insane crazy or just wierd
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#26New Post! Mar 17, 2007 @ 10:19:30
There is freedom but never for all.
Just for some.
Or you.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Mar 17, 2007 @ 10:30:11
would we really want to be free? If freedom means not having any responsibility, emotional ties, morals

Could a person actually be capable of being free? If being free means we please ourselves and only ourselves, in my opinion it goes against human nature.
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#28New Post! Mar 17, 2007 @ 11:03:31
You can not be free merely freely decide to do what you have to do. If we were completely free we would be free not to exist and therefore wouldn't. Also I don't think it is possible to be both happy and free because the majority of decisions people make when they think they are completely free of everything are bad ones.
luvl3tter On October 19, 2007

, Wisconsin
#29New Post! Apr 13, 2007 @ 01:11:28
@angestiu Said
Is there such thing as freedom?is there absolute freedom?

There is such a thing as freedom, but no freedom without consequence. When exercising our freedom, we face the consequences of our actions sooner or later.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs