The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

UK air tax - labour's latest raid on our pockets may be illegal!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
nathkentbls On June 24, 2008

Deleted

Gillingham, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Feb 06, 2007 @ 23:00:38
all the parties would probably do the same just to get more money for the idiots in the parties to drive round in their Jags, also i agree with jmo that it is in a sad state of affairs

plus i dont really like politicans as they all lie cheat and steal what ever they can
politics On September 10, 2013

London`, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Feb 07, 2007 @ 07:24:43
tax is a important straegy in making the world a greener place , however this just shows how much mistrust this goverment has conjured up
wakizashi On November 21, 2008

, Guatemala
#18New Post! Feb 07, 2007 @ 08:00:48
@jmo Said
As much as I don't like alot of what labour are doing, we're a hell of alot better under them than we would be under the Consevatives.

Politics in this country is in a sad state of afairs, one party slightly leaning to the left, another slightly to the right. Im going to vote labour just becouse as bad as they may be, I know the tories will be a hell of alot worse.

Aha! Democracy in action.
wakizashi On November 21, 2008

, Guatemala
#19New Post! Feb 07, 2007 @ 11:45:09
@politics Said
tax is a important strategy in making the world a greener place , however this just shows how much mistrust this goverment has conjured up

In a modern democracy:

It is the government's job to govern; it is our job to mistrust them.

It's the government job to take more than 50% of our money in the form of ever increasing taxes in order to fund an ever larger bureaucracy. It's our job to let them do it.

It's the government's job to lie to us. It's our job to believe their lies (for one term at least). 50 years ago we didn't have the communication we have nowadays. The government has so many more things they need to hide from us.

It's the government's job to wage war and send us off to fight. It's our job to disagree with it and still go off to fight.

It's the government's job to spy on our every move. It's our job to pay for it.

Government by the people, for the people?

I think not.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs