Random

My Christmas funds

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#1New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 13:18:55
I just got a letter in the mail from the bank. D. and I started a christmas fund back when the girls were little so that we'd have a little extra money at Christmas time because normally we were strapped that time of year. We always get the letter about the last week of NOvember before the money becomes available for withdrawel on the first of December.

When we started the account 14 years ago we'd both deposit five bucks per week from our check and at the end of the year we'd have enough to buy at least part of our Christmas. This year was our first full year in business for ourself so we upped the ante on what we would put into the account and niether one of us would check the balance on it. Back in the summer when I was having to wait tables because we were over busy and understaffed I'd deposit my daily tips into the account and D. would drop a little extra into it as well throughout the year.

I was really surprised when I got the letter today and we have a grand total of $5,123.45 in that account. I'm so excited. Now I don't plan on spending all of that on Christmas but it's just amazing that it added up that quickly over the past year.

So I guess I'll go shopping this weekend, retail therapy could make me feel a little better I guess.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 13:47:15
@wildchild Said
I just got a letter in the mail from the bank. D. and I started a christmas fund back when the girls were little so that we'd have a little extra money at Christmas time because normally we were strapped that time of year. We always get the letter about the last week of NOvember before the money becomes available for withdrawel on the first of December.

When we started the account 14 years ago we'd both deposit five bucks per week from our check and at the end of the year we'd have enough to buy at least part of our Christmas. This year was our first full year in business for ourself so we upped the ante on what we would put into the account and niether one of us would check the balance on it. Back in the summer when I was having to wait tables because we were over busy and understaffed I'd deposit my daily tips into the account and D. would drop a little extra into it as well throughout the year.

I was really surprised when I got the letter today and we have a grand total of $5,123.45 in that account. I'm so excited. Now I don't plan on spending all of that on Christmas but it's just amazing that it added up that quickly over the past year.

So I guess I'll go shopping this weekend, retail therapy could make me feel a little better I guess.

wow!!! thats amazing!!! you did well there babe...

so when shalli expect my present??? j/k

With that dosh.. you will have a great crimbo!!
Perv Magnet

#3New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 13:53:51
@markfox01 Said
wow!!! thats amazing!!! you did well there babe...

so when shalli expect my present??? j/k

With that dosh.. you will have a great crimbo!!

uh I sent it already , you mean you did'nt get it????
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 13:57:58
Thats really good babe. I bet thats a weight off your mind knowing you dont have to worry about the financial implications at christmas.

I may well do that next year. good thinking

Oh and i assume you sent mine at the same time as marks?!?
Perv Magnet

#5New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 14:04:23
@treacle Said
Thats really good babe. I bet thats a weight off your mind knowing you dont have to worry about the financial implications at christmas.

I may well do that next year. good thinking

Oh and i assume you sent mine at the same time as marks?!?

Yes of course I sent your's right along with Marks. You're both getting edible undwear, chocolate flavored. Enjoy!!!!
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#6New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 14:08:02
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 14:09:02

Perv Magnet

#8New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 14:12:41
You did ask my dear. 8)
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 14:13:44
do you know what your getting the girls?
soberano On December 01, 2006

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 14:14:35
Well done wildchild, you know what they say, "Take good care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves". Have a good christmas.
Perv Magnet

#11New Post! Nov 28, 2006 @ 14:21:55
@treacle Said
do you know what your getting the girls?

Yeah to some extent. Ihave already got Kayla a sewing machine. She is really good at making things. She made her curtains in her bedroom and she makes purses and stuff so I got her a really nice sewing maching and some material and sewing things. I'm also thinking maybe a pink razor phone with mp3 and a camera. I've still got to get her clothes and shoes too she's a shoe freak so that should be easy.

As far Ashley I got her a New digital cameral for when the baby comes she'll be able to take lots of pics. I have a few more things to buy for her though . I'll know when I see them what I want to get, Ashley is kind of hard to buy for because she just got married and she has so much already but I'll get hers done soon.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs