Forums:
Jokes & Humor

"Excuse me sir, but do you know Mrs. Appleblossom?"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#1New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 00:23:30
A man sits in a bar, reading a newspaper. Suddenly he is tapped on his shoulder by another man: "Excuse me sir, but do you know Mrs. Appleblossom?"
The man folds up his newspaper, coughs slightly and replies: "just a moment sir", after which he takes out a little black notebook. "A, A, A... [finding the name in the book] yes, actually I do know Mrs. Appleblossom.".
He puts the notebook back into his inside pocket picks up the newspaper and continues reading. The other man taps his shoulder again: "Excuse me sir, but have you been to bed with Mrs. Appleblossom?"
The first gent puts the newspaper down again, finds his notebook and checks: "B, B, B... ahh, yes, I have been to bed with Mrs. Appleblossom"
He starts putting the notebook away when he once again is tapped on the shoulder: "Excuse me sir, but I am Mr. Appleblossom, and I am very disappointed"
"D, D, D... ahh... yes sir, so was I!"
rondetto On April 22, 2024

Wrexham, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 11:19:53
Good one Dan
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#3New Post! Sep 01, 2012 @ 08:31:51
@HiImDan Said

A man sits in a bar, reading a newspaper. Suddenly he is tapped on his shoulder by another man: "Excuse me sir, but do you know Mrs. Appleblossom?"
The man folds up his newspaper, coughs slightly and replies: "just a moment sir", after which he takes out a little black notebook. "A, A, A... [finding the name in the book] yes, actually I do know Mrs. Appleblossom.".
He puts the notebook back into his inside pocket picks up the newspaper and continues reading. The other man taps his shoulder again: "Excuse me sir, but have you been to bed with Mrs. Appleblossom?"
The first gent puts the newspaper down again, finds his notebook and checks: "B, B, B... ahh, yes, I have been to bed with Mrs. Appleblossom"
He starts putting the notebook away when he once again is tapped on the shoulder: "Excuse me sir, but I am Mr. Appleblossom, and I am very disappointed"
"D, D, D... ahh... yes sir, so was I!"

Uhh... L,L,L...oh here it is, Lame

J.R.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Sep 01, 2012 @ 09:06:39
@JR_Sanford Said

Uhh... L,L,L...oh here it is, Lame

J.R.

You sling an awful lot of insults for someone who claims that "love is the answer."

Just saying. You might consider changing your signature to something a little more honest.

#5New Post! Sep 01, 2012 @ 15:12:57
@Eaglebauer Said

You sling an awful lot of insults for someone who claims that "love is the answer."

Just saying. You might consider changing your signature to something a little more honest.

Insult? So, my honest opinion about something makes you think I'm insulting them? Just because I love someone doesn't mean I like what they do. That "joke" (I use the term lightly) was NOT funny in my opinion. My first thought was, "What a lame attempt at a joke."

You obviously thought my reply to the "joke" was lame.

J.R.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#6New Post! Sep 01, 2012 @ 18:15:57
@JR_Sanford Said

Insult? So, my honest opinion about something makes you think I'm insulting them? Just because I love someone doesn't mean I like what they do. That "joke" (I use the term lightly) was NOT funny in my opinion. My first thought was, "What a lame attempt at a joke."

J.R.

This was posted in 2010, and you just bumping it NOW?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Sep 01, 2012 @ 21:30:29
Wow
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Sep 01, 2012 @ 23:57:49
@JR_Sanford Said

J.R.

Ok.

Now answer me this: What exactly were you hoping to accomplish with your post, if not to insult Dan? If you didn't like the joke, fine, what's wrong with simply shrugging and closing the thread? Would that have been too nice?

Seriously, please answer the question, what did you accomplish?

#9New Post! Sep 02, 2012 @ 07:44:18
@Eaglebauer Said

Ok.

Now answer me this: What exactly were you hoping to accomplish with your post, if not to insult Dan? If you didn't like the joke, fine, what's wrong with simply shrugging and closing the thread? Would that have been too nice?

Seriously, please answer the question, what did you accomplish?

Listen. An insult is directed towards a person. Labeling a "joke" "lame" is my opinion of the attempt to be humorous failed and is directed at the verbiage NOT the writer of the joke. Now if I said, "Dan, you tell lame jokes" would be directed towards him.

So, what I accomplished was letting Dan know that I the THE JOKE was lame in my opinion. If he could care less about my opinion then that's his choice. The fact that you spouted off instead of him is letting your co-dependency slip out.

J.R.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Sep 02, 2012 @ 08:04:49
@JR_Sanford Said

Listen. An insult is directed towards a person. Labeling a "joke" "lame" is my opinion of the attempt to be humorous failed and is directed at the verbiage NOT the writer of the joke. Now if I said, "Dan, you tell lame jokes" would be directed towards him.

So, what I accomplished was letting Dan know that I the THE JOKE was lame in my opinion. If he could care less about my opinion then that's his choice. The fact that you spouted off instead of him is letting your co-dependency slip out.

J.R.

Saying a joke he told was lame is more or less the same as saying he tells lame jokes. Let's not pretend it isn't, okay?

What I'm getting at is, how is his having the information that you think his joke is lame of any use whatsoever to him? Or really...to you? Again...what did it accomplish other than to be rude and negative to him? You can't really say it was constructive criticism, so what was the point?

I honestly wouldn't be making such an issue of this, but I've seen you do similar things to other people here and it's irritating to a lot us, and creates some poor opinions of you. See, that's constructive criticism...that's something you can take and improve upon. If I just said your post was lame it wouldn't really be useful to anyone, would it?

And if that's codependancy (which by the way, it isn't), I don't apologize.

#11New Post! Sep 02, 2012 @ 16:44:48
@Eaglebauer Said

Saying a joke he told was lame is more or less the same as saying he tells lame jokes. Let's not pretend it isn't, okay?

What I'm getting at is, how is his having the information that you think his joke is lame of any use whatsoever to him? Or really...to you? Again...what did it accomplish other than to be rude and negative to him? You can't really say it was constructive criticism, so what was the point?

I honestly wouldn't be making such an issue of this, but I've seen you do similar things to other people here and it's irritating to a lot us, and creates some poor opinions of you. See, that's constructive criticism...that's something you can take and improve upon. If I just said your post was lame it wouldn't really be useful to anyone, would it?

And if that's codependancy (which by the way, it isn't), I don't apologize.

Here's a fact. Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. See, you took my reply as an insult, even though I used the same syntax as was in the joke."L,L,L" My statement of "Lame" was the term I used meaning I viewed the "joke" as weak, unsatisfactory, and lacked hitting my funny bone. I've kudoed Dan repeatedly for some of his jokes.

Dan, I apologize for making an insensitive remark to you. I spouted off at the keyboard without first considering your feelings.

I do appreciate your feedback.

J.R.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#12New Post! Sep 02, 2012 @ 22:30:47
@JR_Sanford Said

J.R.

Lame is an insulting word. "I didn't find that funny", is truthful and doesn't sting. Like a comment you made about my husband. I'm the only one allowed to make rude remarks about him because after 37 years, you think I might love him, but get annoyed on occasion? Wars begin with one poorly chosen word.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Sep 03, 2012 @ 00:01:58
@JR_Sanford Said

Here's a fact. Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. See, you took my reply as an insult, even though I used the same syntax as was in the joke."L,L,L" My statement of "Lame" was the term I used meaning I viewed the "joke" as weak, unsatisfactory, and lacked hitting my funny bone. I've kudoed Dan repeatedly for some of his jokes.

Dan, I apologize for making an insensitive remark to you. I spouted off at the keyboard without first considering your feelings.

I do appreciate your feedback.

J.R.

Okay
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs