Gender Issues

Biggest Cause for Concern?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#1New Post! Aug 22, 2006 @ 12:40:05
What situation requires more attention, men being kept down or women being kept down?

Of course, by "kept down," I do mean by society.

I know what a lot of people are thinking right now - "Men, being kept down? What a load of bulls***."

f*** that.

Men are being kept down by society (at least American society) in all sorts of ways. The ways just happen to be different from the ways women are being kept down.

Let's look at the different ways the sexes are being kept down:

Women

- Make less money

- Seen as too moody/emotional

- Seen as weak

Men

- Seen as always emotionally/mentally strong

- Expected to have a lot of physical strength

- Expected to never be a homemaker/stay-at-home father

Which requires more attention?

My main issue is with emotions. Women are seen as weak and too emotional. That means that they can cry and not be seen as a waste of space. Men, on the other hand, are not allowed to cry or be weak. Women can be treated like children, but that can sometimes be beneficial, as they can manipulate people with that, making men do stuff because the woman is "just too weak." Men cannot manipulate anyone by crying.

Yes, women earn less money and all that, but that is physical, monetary. Men, on the other hand, get the shaft emotionally, mentally. There is a constraint on the male mind, telling it to not be weak, to exceed human capabilities.

I've heard many women complain about guys being too cold or not opening up enough about their emotions. Men weren't born being cold or unemotional; it's been bashed into their heads by society. And it is f***ing insane.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 22, 2006 @ 12:43:49
ok i had to read that about 4 times, in conclusion i would say that men are generally too henpecked in the the western world, i dont mean by thier partner i mean by our "society" and media.

They dunno if they are coming or going these days. Whether to act strong or sensitive, whether to be chivalrous or treat women as they would another guy!

Damn im glad im a woman

Deleted

#3New Post! Aug 22, 2006 @ 12:46:01
@treebee Said
ok i had to read that about 4 times, in conclusion i would say that men are generally too henpecked in the the western world, i dont mean by thier partner i mean by our "society" and media.

They dunno if they are coming or going these days. Whether to act strong or sensitive, whether to be chivalrous or treat women as they would another guy!

Damn im glad im a woman

Men have it so f***ing rough, and a lot of women think that men don't.

It sucks ass.
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#4New Post! Aug 22, 2006 @ 13:01:46
Perhaps the perceived notion that men are 'insensitive, cold, and emotionless' is brought about by the fact that many of them tend to be that way. However, as you mentioned, this could be brought about by the very reason that men aren't usually allowed to show all these because society expects them to be the stronger sex.

From the beginning of time, men have always been expected to protect, to lead, to decide. They have to be pillars of strength in the face of any adversity. They have to remain unmoved, and resolute in ther choices. Most importantly, they aren't easily 'forgiven' should they make a wrong decision.

This could be why many men choose to adopt a 'defensive stance'. It protects them, and it fits in perfectly with this 'persona' that society already categorises them in.

It's a security blanket for some... and one that they can use as and when is needed - and not be harshly judged for it, but it does NOT mean that they do not feel.

They simply hide it better. After all, is you're used to appearing nonchalant, you just get used to it.
mina On September 11, 2006

Deleted

, Colorado
#5New Post! Sep 06, 2006 @ 19:02:29
I would have to say first of all, interesting post. I think that we both have it bad. What happened to love, peace and happiness? The world has gotten so bad with stress, hate, he?she bulls***. I think there should be no finger pointing we are both to blame for all of this emotional crap and so called weakness. To each your own I guess.

Deleted

#6New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 01:45:34
@mina Said
I would have to say first of all, interesting post. I think that we both have it bad. What happened to love, peace and happiness? The world has gotten so bad with stress, hate, he?she bulls***. I think there should be no finger pointing we are both to blame for all of this emotional crap and so called weakness. To each your own I guess.

Love, peace, and happiness never actually existed. They're all just myths we've been raised to believe.
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#7New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 01:53:39
happiness, love and peace are created

if you don't create it for yourself, who will?

i mean who's job is that?

your mothers? some girl's?

what good does it do to believe?

Deleted

#8New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 01:58:17
@dujac Said
happiness, love and peace are created

if you don't create it for yourself, who will?

i mean who's job is that?

your mothers? some girls?

what good does it do to believe?

People believe because it gives them hope.

Hope makes it easier for a person to get up in the morning and go about with his/her daily life.
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#9New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 02:00:12
wouldn't it be more exciting and productive to be creative

Deleted

#10New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 02:05:07
@dujac Said
wouldn't it be more exciting and productive to be creative

A lot of people work hard at their jobs and are tired when they come home. They perhaps prefer to rest at home, go to sleep hoping that the world will get better by itself, wake up, and go to work, repeating that cycle day after day.

Also, some people cannot be creative enough to construct ideas about how to benefit the world, or they are too busy with other things to implement their ideas or are lacking money.

Anyways, this is all very off-topic.
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#11New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 02:07:53
i think it's dead on

you want to avoid the responsibility for creating your own...

and like the attention you get for complaining

but, that's not unusual

it's the drift of life

down the main stream

aboard the raft of the company of misery

Deleted

#12New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 02:41:58
Let's try to get this thread back on topic:

Men and women both suffer a lot of stereotypes which influence their lives. Which sex has it worse and why?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Sep 16, 2006 @ 08:54:03
off topic posts removed.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs