why?hate?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
seekurbliss On January 22, 2007

Memphis, Tennessee
#31New Post! May 30, 2006 @ 17:56:14
I like a few "rap" groups-
Three Six Mafia is the crunkest ( ) and Haystak is good too. I've seen Three Six a couple times and i gotta love 'em- they're from Memphis!

To each his/her own though-
i like a bit of all music.

annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#32New Post! May 30, 2006 @ 18:52:02
There are some talented rappers out there. It's just that Sean Paul crap that annoys me. I mean, I can see dancing to it at a party or something, but to listen to to just chill out?

A lot of rap is all about murder, sex, drugs, etc. Music videos show them with tons of underdressed women all over them.

A lot of people don't find this acceptable. Those are maybe a few reasons.

I don't like rap because it doesn't appeal to me. There are certain ways to sing about certain issues, and the way rappers do, it just doesn't fit with me.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#33New Post! May 30, 2006 @ 19:29:26
I dont hate rap, some of it is f***in funny and some is really moving s***!

Course, back in the day, i remember when it was invented!

*picks up shotgun - now get offa my property*
st0nerdude On March 28, 2009

pfft, Denmark
#34New Post! May 30, 2006 @ 19:30:46
rap...oh god...nah, im not gonna bother...
noshingnell On December 29, 2012

LaaLaa Land, United Kingdom
#35New Post! May 30, 2006 @ 19:32:50
I dont personally like rap, not my sort of thing. But I dont care if anyoneelse likes it. I ont pick friends or make opinions on people based on what music they listen to. Everybopdy likes different stuff. You probably dont like my taste in music either, but that doesn't mean there isnt other stuff that we would agree on.
nikalaos On January 23, 2010

Quispamsis, Canada
#36New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 00:02:41
I don't really like rap either, but theres some stuff I can respect. Very few stuff
though. I don't make fun of anyone for liking it or thing their any less, but if I
can avoid listening to it, I will, but the same goes for country, pop and hip-hop
for me.
iluvitar On June 05, 2013

akron, Ohio
#37New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 00:07:17
not my favorite ganre..but i have searched through it pulling out a select few people to add to my collection...and everything stereotypical about rap is bull i mean theres a lot there but gangs..what about gangs of hillbillys, skateboarders..ive seen 7-8 skaters whoop on some poor ghetto kid for being ghetto...and what about the british they have drive by arguements...
magwarna On July 06, 2006

Deleted

, Canada
#38New Post! May 31, 2006 @ 03:07:21
It seems like they glorify murder drugs and alcohol and seem to treat women like whore...maybe not all of them do this but most of them do!
jenzwa On January 26, 2014

Making Mistakes, United Kingdo
#39New Post! Jun 02, 2006 @ 17:58:47
@cole Said
for sure dude. things you can be assured they have had to endure

1. they didn't know who their father was
2. their mother was a hoe/hooker/junkie
3. they dealt drugs
4. they've been shot/knifed multipule times
5. they wear bullet proof vests
6. they are usually tattoo'd to f***
7. they wrote music to ease the pain of their crap lives

[please feel free to add more gangsta rap cliches here]

hell give me a f***ing break, they ought to try living the lives of some of the people in other parts of the world, half of them don't know the meaning of a s*** crappy life.

I think the emphasis here is in the GANGSTA!!! Not all rappers have these things. They are gangstas. Geddit?
the_radical On August 30, 2007

Tokyo, Japan
#40New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 17:31:09
I think the primary reason for this is because of different preferences in music. This has been happening a lot. People who enjoy rock (in certain cases) will turn down rap because of a sense of competition. They want to compete with something that they believe is not worthy of attention. They think rap is the one so they constantly diss it calling it crap and whatnot. They believe that it's all about gangsters, money, cars, hoes, etc. but they simply generalize with what they hear. I find it's completely disgusting behavior so that's why I either ignore it or confront it with my facts.
christobar On June 10, 2009

Sammamish, Washington
#41New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 05:15:21
A lot of people don't see it as a form of music, thats why. I see it as good poetry, bad music.
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#42New Post! Jul 16, 2006 @ 05:28:37
@christobar Said
A lot of people don't see it as a form of music, thats why. I see it as good poetry, bad music.

Depends on the theme, if it's this whole "Bangin' hoes and shootin' gangsta's" then f*** that.

Although, I have a friend who showed me lyrics from a song...and I actually tried reading it...(f*** rap songs have LONG lyrics )
and it was actually about some dude who's family was pretty much broken...and he was trying to get his family to speak to eachother again and fix wrongs from the past...

I wouldn't like it if I heard it, but I respect the dude who wrote that.

But it's a rarity in mainstream rap. So I'm going to stereotype it and say I dislike all rap, except Limp Bizkit and RHCP.
the_evil_one On October 04, 2009

loganholme, Australia
#43New Post! Jul 17, 2006 @ 07:01:31
hmm..i hate rap...well because i do...its not really proper music...i dont pay out ppl who listen to it...i just pay out the music.....the dont sing at all....so how can it be called music...same with the techno witch has no lyrics...its so stupid...i need guitars...good vox...and good hrad drums...not just boom boom boom (rap)
i_poke_emos On March 31, 2009

BrisVegas, Australia
#44New Post! Jul 17, 2006 @ 07:03:35
i got lost on the way to the mini-mart
im_against_you_all On July 19, 2006

Afganistan, Afghanistan
#45New Post! Jul 19, 2006 @ 04:41:33
rap is evil...you all suck.....the black man who just song the song rapped your grandmother...enjoy
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs