Does Rap Music belittle women?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
marcus On July 12, 2009

Banned

Membar, Liechtenstein
#1New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:19:10
Does rap music teach young boys not to respect women ( girls)?

Is calling a girlfriend "b****" a way to put her in a lower status or is it just hip to do that and no real offense is taken. Sort of like when you have a good bad girl. Or do the words in rap music encourage violence towards women and makes them 2nd class citizens of that culture.

What do you think?
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#2New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:20:02
Yes
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:24:00
Uh, duh, yes.

Most modern hip hop is very degrading to women - and men.
ike_akorn On September 09, 2014

phoenix, Arizona
#4New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:25:36
I dont really accede with such...Rap music is tend to be written to be audacious and condorious..Yet, by saying words such as b**** and ECT they dont really try to offend..But when kids hear it and start saying with part of the song it does not offend..But otherwise if its done without then they are..But the bray in rap music is used to captivate the audiance to something newer and more profound. For some people saying such words is a way of bulwark. Like for bees it is the apiary..they defend but never sting each other..
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:31:10
@ike_akorn Said
I dont really accede with such...Rap music is tend to be written to be audacious and condorious..Yet, by saying words such as b**** and ECT they dont really try to offend..But when kids hear it and start saying with part of the song it does not offend..But otherwise if its done without then they are..But the bray in rap music is used to captivate the audiance to something newer and more profound. For some people saying such words is a way of bulwark. Like for bees it is the apiary..they defend but never sting each other..

I love it.

Half of those big words aren't even words. The other half were used incorrectly. Of the smaller words, half of them are misspelled and the vast majority of them don't even form actual sentences.

phoenix, Arizona
#6New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:34:10
@jonnythan Said

I love it.

Half of those big words aren't even words. The other half were used incorrectly. Of the smaller words, half of them are misspelled and the vast majority of them don't even form actual sentences.

Maybe u should get a dictiary and find this words and then u can post their definitons..How about that buddy u wanna help me improve or just stand in top of me..Does it make you feel good about urself when ur life is a pity...Guess so...But otherwise enjoy life as it is.
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#7New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:42:10
@ike_akorn Said
Maybe u should get a dictiary and find this words and then u can post their definitons..How about that buddy u wanna help me improve or just stand in top of me..Does it make you feel good about urself when ur life is a pity...Guess so...But otherwise enjoy life as it is.

It's just a way of arguing. When you disagree with someone, you take what you can get.

Of course hip hop is degrading to women! It's so obvious I can't even be bothered to talk about the music videos.q
luxurious_princess On August 29, 2007

Deleted

In the lap of luxury,
#8New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:53:45
@ike_akorn Said

Don't worry about that

All of the words were actual words, there were three misspelled words, two of which were simply forgotten apostrophes, and all of the words were used well enough.

To me personally, one or two misspelled words is no big deal, don't worry about it.

Although "condorious" confuses me, I understand that it means bird of some sort...

phoenix, Arizona
#9New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 22:11:51
I know its that this guy always picking at me. HEs 25 too maybe i should report to police thats harassment lol..Thx for ur help feel mcuh appreciated. This guy just hates me cause of the vocabulary i use..
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#10New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 22:19:32
Good grief.
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#11New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 22:20:55
sometimes people get annoyed when other people dont spell words properly. alot of TFSers are like that.
kyahbean On August 28, 2016

Williamstown, Massachusetts
#12New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 22:21:22
@ike_akorn Said
I know its that this guy always picking at me. HEs 25 too maybe i should report to police thats harassment lol..Thx for ur help feel mcuh appreciated. This guy just hates me cause of the vocabulary i use..

luxurious_princess On August 29, 2007

Deleted

In the lap of luxury,
#13New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 23:33:27
@ike_akorn Said

I haven't been around the forums too much lately so I wouldn't know what exactly is going on. If any user at all is harassing you, it would be best to contact a moderator and block the user.

I've been hassled on other forums that I belong to for the vocabulary that I use but I really just laugh it off.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 23:48:30
@erlend Said
It's just a way of arguing. When you disagree with someone, you take what you can get.

Of course hip hop is degrading to women! It's so obvious I can't even be bothered to talk about the music videos.q

Not all hip hop is degrading towards women, a fine example would be Kanye West
foreverbroken On October 03, 2007

, New York
#15New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 23:55:44
Majority is degrading
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs