Health & Fitness

the book natural cures they dont want you to know about

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
tonon On October 20, 2007

forestville, Connecticut
#1New Post! Dec 18, 2005 @ 21:12:40
its a good book, id suggest everyone read it.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Dec 18, 2005 @ 21:20:52
Who are "they"? I think you'll find that most of these "secret" herbal cures are readily available from you local herbal remedy store.

I have managed a herbal remedies and health food store (2 of them in fact) and I can tell you that in my experience herbal remedies are mostly poo. You only have to read the manufacturers literature. None of it has been tested so they can't make any claims. Only "though to improve the symptons of..." and "may have an effect on...".

There are some notable exceptions to this. Echinacea (if used correctly), St Johns Wort, kava kava and garlic being the most effective herbal remedies in my opinion. Oh and of course Aloe Vera, the closest to a natural miracle cure all we've got!

forestville, Connecticut
#3New Post! Dec 18, 2005 @ 21:47:18
where im from, herbel remedy stores are rare. granted some of it is garbage, there have been cases in my own family where they were cured with natural methods.

my grandfather had a problem with his prostate that the doctors said might be cancer starting. my grandmother got an herb that was supposed to help and made my grandfather take it for months, they went back to the doctors and according to the diagnosis he had no problems.

my other grandfather had some common health problem in the 1940's (i cant remember what it was but it was said to be uncurable) my great grandmother wouldnt give up, so she feed him chicken, lots of it, fat and all, for i think a month and he was cured.

it makes you wonder.

for diarea if you boil brown rice and then drink the juice it goes away.

native honey is said to help alergies.

Deleted

#4New Post! Dec 18, 2005 @ 22:01:37
I'm happy to hear that the remedies helped your family.

And yes, some things do help. Native honey helps pollen allergies by introducing a small amount of the pollen to the body, giving you a chance to develop "immunity" to it.

What I object to is the natural remedies that claim to "cure" more serious ailments. People relying on these over medical remedies are putting themselves at risk. I had a customer want that wanted me to "prescribe" (her words, not mine) a remedy for cancer. My company had a more ethical stand point than many, and I was required to advise her to seek medical attention (as I would have anyway), but many would happily send you away with lycopene supplements. Lycopene, found in tomatoes is "thought to" reduce the risk of cancer.

The thing to realise is that the sellers of herbal remedies are running a business, just like the drug companies. The difference is that the herbal industry is not regulated in the same way as the drug companies. This is why chemical drugs are more expensive. I believe (and anyone can jump in if I get my figures wrong) drugs companies have exclusivity on a drug for only 7 years. Of that, up to 5 years can be spent testing and satisfying the regulatory agencies. Meaning the companies have 2 years to recoup their investment.

In contrast, herbal remedies are regulated as food. No where near as strict, since side effects and long term effects need not be studied. And anyone that claims that herbals do not have side effects or contra-indications is talking from their backside. Take garlic when you have low blood pressure, and you're on the road to haemophilia. Or even garlic plus an aspirin a day. Take St. Johns Wort at the same time as any drug that acts on your central nervous system and it could have disasterous consequences.

Anyone looking at taking the herbal route to health should treat the remedies with as much caution as any doctor prescribed drug. More so, in fact, since you don't have the weight of a government regulatory agency behind you.
kebab_boy On April 05, 2011

Bristol, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 18, 2005 @ 22:16:54
Oh I heard about that natural cures book on the radio. Sounds like the cures aren't quite as good as they made them sound.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#6New Post! Dec 19, 2005 @ 01:34:21
I got about a million bad reviews for that book on another site I own.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#7New Post! Dec 19, 2005 @ 01:35:31
@el_tino Said

What site is that?
jwasafrog On September 18, 2010

, California
#8New Post! Dec 19, 2005 @ 01:35:33
@el_tino Said

you have another site! What is it? what is it? what is it?!!
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#9New Post! Dec 19, 2005 @ 01:38:21
https://psychology.plebius.org/store/item/0975599518
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#10New Post! Dec 19, 2005 @ 01:40:58
@el_tino Said
https://psychology.plebius.org/store/item/0975599518

Ok where is the forum I can invade??

forestville, Connecticut
#11New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 00:44:17
have you even read the book, go to your local library and check it out. im not saying the book is 100% correct but i do believe the part about big business trying to push pills and food that will make us sick so they can in turn make more money. think about it and how do they do that, lie and illeminate the competition.

Deleted

#12New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 17:52:51
@tonon Said
have you even read the book, go to your local library and check it out. im not saying the book is 100% correct but i do believe the part about big business trying to push pills and food that will make us sick so they can in turn make more money. think about it and how do they do that, lie and illeminate the competition.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY! RUN! RUN FOR THE HILLS!
steven On September 10, 2008

, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 18:25:38
I have read Kevin Trudeau, the author of this book and he has been discredited so many times in the UK that he has become a bit of a laughingstock.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#14New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 18:27:39
I'm suprised the FDA doesn't regulate some of these herbal remedies that are all over the market.
steven On September 10, 2008

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Dec 20, 2005 @ 18:33:52
@reiko Said
I'm suprised the FDA doesn't regulate some of these herbal remedies that are all over the market.

Some of the real Herbal Remedies have been tried and tested for many centuries and proven to work. There has been great interest in Chinese medicine in the UK , paricularly during the past 12 years as an alternative to Western Medicine.
However, there are many tissanes and herbal 'cures' which should not be allowed to go into publication:- Not because they do not good but because they can actually harm.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs