The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Bisexuality

Why is it that it's cool for girls to be bi, butt not guys???

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
AZcuriousm4U On January 24, 2015

Gilbert, Arizona
#1New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 08:46:14
Why is it so readily accepted that when a girl is bi, it's pretty much accepted as erotic? Yet, when a guy says he's bi, he's immediately labeled queer, etc. Ironic, considering the reason I became interested in being bi was due to other girls' fantasies/suggestions. There definitely seems to be a societal double-standard - publicly stating you are bi as a female is nowadays fairly mainstream and reasonable, yet the slightest mention of similar feelings as a male makes you a freak and outcast. Do you agree?

Perfect example: There was a show that came out a few years back that was a spinoff to "That 70s Show" called "That 80s Show" - in the pilot episode a girl told the boy she was dating "I'm bi." He responded "Cool, so am I." They showed her running out of the room screaming "Ewww" to an audience laugh-track. I have had many women tell me that seeing two straight or bi men together is a huge turn-on, but only in private did they divulge that - publicly, they'd never admit it. Why?
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#2New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 08:54:21
That 80s show was stupid. Plus for some reason straight guys seemed turned on by two model looking women going at it.
Don't worry about what other's think just be you.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#3New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 09:18:33
well, there's a similar double standard when it comes to the whole "stud" vs. "slut" issue. guys can sleep with tons of girls and be cool, but if a girl sleep around, she's a whore, or a slut. There will always be differences between the sexes and how they are viewed.
elektrakosh On September 29, 2007

, United
#4New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 09:25:36
I don't lable bi guys as queer in the slightest as I have only met one guy who fits that catergory(He is my friend) I don't see any problems at all.

Gilbert, Arizona
#5New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 20:13:52
So, if you knew a guy you were interested in was bi, would you still date him?
ellie On December 06, 2007

JOPLIN, Missouri
#6New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 20:29:43
@azcuriousm4u Said

My guy is bi, dont make no difference to me, he is still him, and isnt active anymore.
His brothers were disgusted, and only his 82 year old mother would talk to him about it...
emzy On May 05, 2006

Hull, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 20:34:40
i've only ever been out with bi guys. i love em! ther great. i get on with them more than straight guys because their more in touch with their feminine side and yours and theirs emotions. xx
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 20:36:58
I think most mature people aren't bothered! You dont get a choice in sexuality. Most of my friends wouldn't give a hoot whether you was bi or gay or straight. At the end of the day if you are a decent person then thats all that matters. I hope you can surround yourself with people with this attitude, and if you arent then
rajunkayjjun On January 03, 2006

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
#9New Post! Oct 19, 2005 @ 20:37:24
Personally I could care less that you bi or not. As long as you understnad that the person you are dealing with is comfortable around those situations. My best friend is a lesbian and she has been with guys in the past but now preferes women only. I don't think there is anything wrong with man on man relations. I grew up around same sex relationships since my own mother was bi-sexual at one time in her life and the guy she was with was a bisexual also. I think it is ignorance and down right stupid to be told what is right and wrong in relationships. If you love a man and your a man who cares same goes for women. Who cares as long as your happy don't worry about what everyone else thinks.

, United
#10New Post! Oct 20, 2005 @ 08:33:03
@azcuriousm4u Said

Was that question directed to me?...If so I'll tell ya. Yeah 'course I would!
earz On March 12, 2017

ask me, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 20, 2005 @ 09:47:24
i dont see whats wrong with bi guys but every1 seems 2 reali against them?? its quite sad actually and reali narrow minded!! i wish ppl wud get over their predjudices
tigerwoman On March 31, 2012

Mufreesboro, Tennessee
#12New Post! Oct 20, 2005 @ 19:22:30
My guy is bi...it works out great since so am I so he knows how I feel.
earz On March 12, 2017

ask me, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Oct 21, 2005 @ 10:36:19
kewl im happy 4 ya

Gilbert, Arizona
#14New Post! Oct 23, 2005 @ 10:43:12
@elektrakosh Said
Was that question directed to me?...If so I'll tell ya. Yeah 'course I would!

Actually, it was meant in general, but that is cool that many of you are so open-minded. I told my wife before we were married that I had unresolved curiosities... I even went into detail. We made plans after marriage after she said that was a turn-on for her and that she accepted my unexplored self... she even came up with a "code" if/when she found "the right guy" - she would call and say "honey, go take a shower." One afternoon she called me and said those exact words to set up a 3-some with a guy she had recently met and felt was that guy, but at the last moment... she came home alone saying she got cold feet. We tried a few clubs together to spice things up and then nothing happened - and she linited and then completely cut off all intimacy a few years ago at which point she specifically told me to explore "my curiosities" without her, although at the time, I really wasn't into my curiosities. After several months of non-intimacy, I finally decided to act on my desires to a degree (I have yet to "consumate" my desires) - I enjoyed it, however, I still had not lost the longing for female companionship. At first I rationalized my sex on the side desires as not wanting to fall in love or become unfaithful with another woman, but then I realized I actually enjoyed both sides of the fence.

I've pretty much come to grip with this new side of me, but my wife has done nothing but b**** and ridicule me about it whenever anything slight resembling the subject comes up. Even though we are non-intimate and pretty much married platonically, she thinks has a right to judge, humiliate and control me. That hardly seems fair. If there were any real connection between us, I would not even think twice of going outside the bounds of marriage, but there isn't - and that primarily is her choice. Anyway, to answer your main question... why am I still marrried... the kids, the house, our careers and the ever so slightest hope that we might rekindle our relationship... someday. Yes, believe it or not, I am still in love with her, as crazy as that seems.

, United
#15New Post! Oct 24, 2005 @ 09:03:22
Hey, I don't think it's crazy at all. It shows you still have feelings for your wife and kids.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs