Health & Fitness

Why do so many people get so stressed now days, How do you cope with stress

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
fallenangel On September 11, 2008

Talkin 2 mat on the phone, Uni
#16New Post! May 25, 2006 @ 08:01:01
I cry then break down then analyse why I am stressed ten figure out how I can sort the problem and try to....if this fails I just get really aggressive and take it out on my pillow
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#17New Post! May 25, 2006 @ 08:04:37
I suppose it depends on what I'm stressed out about. I think I react differently to different situations.
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#18New Post! May 25, 2006 @ 08:05:25
I just try to relax and not let it take over me. I usually listen to some nice music, have a bath, that kind of thing.
gasolinerainbow On December 27, 2013

sha lalalaa..., United Kingdom
#19New Post! May 30, 2006 @ 23:41:29
i think stress can sometimes be directly related to the type of personality you have..and how it's ,matured form birth.but usually you'll find that people with high amounts of stress have a high amount of norepinephrine(a hormone) in their blood.
High amounts of norepinephrine can be inherited form your parents..and it can be evident from a few months whether a child will be timid,fearful,worrying, etc and thereby have a high concentration of this hormone.

The hormone bacically will cause your amygdala(the part of your brain which plays a key role in processing your emotions particularly fear emotions and pleasure) to overreact to little things..a hypersensitive amygdala is basically what its known as.

As a result, high amounts of norepinephrine which some people have been born with may ultimately result in a slightly lower threshold for dealing with stress..

People with PSTD usually experience this overworking of the amygdala..and if they can be cured?
magwarna On July 06, 2006

Deleted

, Canada
#20New Post! May 30, 2006 @ 23:45:04
I get streesed alot therfore I am slighlty plump!
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! May 30, 2006 @ 23:54:39
When I get stressed I like a good session on the heavy bag. People at my TKD/kickbosing school always knew when I'd had a lousy day - before class even started the heacy bag would get 10 minutes of serious punishment. No one ever wanted to spar me on those days
tracyann38uk On July 02, 2006

Deleted

Middlesex, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jun 03, 2006 @ 19:59:32
My mum has been so stressed for the last few weeks she was rushed to hospital yesterday, her heart started playing up they said it was all down to stress, she now had a heart machine fitted to her for one week to see how her stress level goes, Its so sad seeing someone so close get stressed all because of my bloody Brother,

Deleted

#23New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 16:42:29
I had a whole week with no stress, so that was good, I just pop a pill now when I get stressed
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#24New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 16:56:25
Had this problem for years, and it's not pleasant at all. In my case, I get a stiff neck - this can lead to dizziness. The worst part is my stomach muscles contract - and this eventually leads to sickness This is the old story that you "worry yourself sick" - literally.

How do I cope - well, I had some real problems with this some years ago, and was on medication, and had to see an psychoanalyst. Things got better though
Nowadays, I just learn to read what my body is saying, I do relaxation exercises - and above all, having friends I can chat to, and with whom we share our problems as well as joys helps.
taintedblue_i On August 12, 2008

--------, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 16:59:57
I've started taking these pills called Kalms..they sometimes work. You take six a day
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#26New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 17:11:03
@babyrs Said
On the spur of the moment things that makes me raise my voice, or just bang a few things to let off steam.

Thanks for the tip. I think we can all learn from that one.
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#27New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 17:13:12
Actually, I've found that playing the guitar can be a great stress reliever. I don't get any better, but at least I don't have to worry about blowing a fuse anymore.
prettygreeneyes On April 05, 2009

Manchester, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Jun 13, 2006 @ 19:29:40
I get the worst migraines ever when im stressed
steraw04 On December 12, 2007

Toronto, Canada
#29New Post! Jun 15, 2006 @ 22:24:13
I hardly stress anymore... or if I am... I dont realise I am. I think my philisophy is to get on with it! If I'm stressed I'll generally just tell myself its stupid too since not alot good it can do... however... this is NOT what you do...

In my final exam, I started to get very stressed. Was ridicoulosy (cant spell!) hard! I think I was sat in my chair for about half an hour, rocking back and too. Started to pull my hair out... didnt work though... was too warm so couldnt grip. I was so stressed felt like was going to fail. I even wrote in my answer book... "I want to kill myself"

Not a wise idea. Eventually... I just stopped looked at bigger picture and said... what can I do??? And, I realised it... I written everything I knew I knew down... even if wasnt exactly correct. What I simply did was walk over it. Stress is a reaction to something. With the right treatment you can change these reactions.

Deleted

#30New Post! Jun 20, 2006 @ 11:36:38
It takes alot to stress me out, But its one of them days today I am feeling down and just cannot shake the stress off, I am going to log off for a while, I need a good tonic
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs