The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Elections

Why are you NOT voting for Obama or McCain?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#31New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 18:13:10
i dont spout! get off my ass, s***!
i say my opinion, and i dont have to put IMO to every post.
if he got so much money, couldnt he have bought more airtime? more coverage in general?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#32New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 18:14:29
@scoobiedoolala Said
i dont spout! get off my ass, s***!
i say my opinion, and i dont have to put IMO to every post.
if he got so much money, couldnt he have bought more airtime? more coverage in general?

You can't exactly buy coverage on CNN.

You can tell me to get off your ass, but you can't prohibit me from correcting the incorrect "facts" you assert.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#33New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 18:19:05
@jonnythan Said
Indeed he did.

And that really pisses me off. I hate that we allow the media..the media for crying out loud...to have such a huge role in choosing our candidates. And sheep that we are, we just let it happen and act like we're actually a democractic society and we the people actually chose the president.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#34New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 18:21:06
ron paul:

He also received the most money from the armed services of any candidate in the fourth quarter.[4] Ron Paul's campaign set two fund raising records: the largest single day donation total among Republican candidates and twice receiving the most money received via the Internet in a single day by any presidential candidate in American history.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#35New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 18:28:03
and yes, i stated posts earlier that the media coverage of certain canididates to their choice and liking get more media coverage than others....
they shove what they like down our throats. but, we have our means to look into candidates. but far too many americans rely on the media for information.

, Florida
#36New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 18:32:33
@scoobiedoolala Said
and yes, i stated posts earlier that the media coverage of certain canididates to their choice and liking get more media coverage than others....
they shove what they like down our throats. but, we have our means to look into candidates. but far too many americans rely on the media for information.

Hence, why I refered to them as sheep. Or maybe lemmings is a beter word. The majority in America seems very happy to be spoon fed and told what to think. It's sickening.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#37New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 18:36:05
agree.

, Florida
#38New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 18:49:02
@scoobiedoolala Said
agree.

Fabulous! We agree!
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#39New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 18:59:28
@vizzy Said
Hence, why I refered to them as sheep. Or maybe lemmings is a beter word. The majority in America seems very happy to be spoon fed and told what to think. It's sickening.

unfortunately this is too true.....and scary
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 19:03:42
Why am I not voting?

They won't let me.

And anyway, Ralph Nader hasn't made his big bid yet. I'm holding back.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#41New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 00:47:59
@nothingtodo Said
I'm not interested in hearing why you like a certain candidate but instead - why are you not voting for one or the other or both of them?

I personally won't be making any decisions until it's time to vote - both have ideas that I agree with and both have some that I don't. I am looking forward to the Republican convention and the debates.

I'am not voting for mc cain because he voted against equal-pay...he voted 'no' on a host of programs for our military men and women....he didn't sign a document that would have made Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday a national holiday...he doesn't care about the issues I care about... he cheated on his 1st wife, therefore, he can not be trusted with my respect or my support...and when aksed why he didn't remove the confedirate flag from the state house, he answerd "I was a coward."....and a change in guards, is SO overdo!!! Happy voting!!
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#42New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 00:58:54
Spinkie, you're so happy!
Boppin_Guy On March 01, 2024

No Place,
#43New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 01:01:32
@spinkiegirl Said
he didn't sign a document that would have made Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday a national holiday...

Hey, he admitted a while back that he was wrong on that and that he would've signed it if he felt the way he had now.

Now that's not flip-flopping...well, it's flip-flopping while admitting you were wrong before. And I admire McCain for that.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#44New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 01:44:38
@boppin_guy Said
I'm not voting for Obama because: he's anti-gun, and no matter how many times he says that he isn't I still don't trust him on that. He's for universal healthcare. That's not going to work in America. He's for taxing the rich like all get out, and I don't like that.

I have more reasons but those are the main ones.

I agree with this...I do not like the idea of universal health care...it definitely wont work; it will only make things worse. I don't think cutting tax's and sending out more stimuli packages to "help" boost only a portion of U.S is a good either.

McCain well...I definitely agree that he is Bush No. 2 IMO, plus I do not want to continue with the war in Iraq. I hated the speeches he made with the Russia/Georgia situation...I was listening to him and was thinking...wow he's talking and walking just like Bush.

Plus both are against American Privacy...ehh!

@nothingtodo Said
But a lot of people do have the mindset that one or the other IS going to win and we need to have the lesser of two evils.
I see it that way myself - if I dislike both candidates but one more than the other and feel strongly about NOT wanting him in the office can I essentially throw my vote away by writing in and giving it that chance of the one I definitely don't want to get in? Every vote counts right?
Also - then do I get the right to b**** about whoever is in office, because if I'm not happy with who is in I did have the chance to vote for his apponent.

Well...regardless, I still wouldn't vote for one over the other because one is the lesser of two evils....when it comes to voting...I will vote for the person I see fit, not the lesser of two evils. But that doesn't mean that after its all set and done...that the person who does win will not get my support. Regardless, i will have to show support to the new president as a citizen even if i do not agree with their views.

So far I am still deciding between Ralph Nader and writing in Ron Paul.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#45New Post! Aug 30, 2008 @ 05:21:39
@boppin_guy Said
Hey, he admitted a while back that he was wrong on that and that he would've signed it if he felt the way he had now.

Now that's not flip-flopping...well, it's flip-flopping while admitting you were wrong before. And I admire McCain for that.

Yes I know he did...but a reporter asked him why he didn't sign and mc cain provided no answer....so that makes me think he didn't respect who King was and didn't respect King's work...so that matters to me...I saw his speech at the site where King was shot and killed and I accecpt his apology, still he didn't sign..and IMO it wasn't flip-flopping, he said he's had a change of heart on that issue, and I believe him....but those other issues I spoke of still bother me. And i'am dead set on Mr.Barack Obama has my president, unless he gives me a reason not to be!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs