Why abortion should be legal

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...18 19 20 · >>
rosesforme17 On August 29, 2023

Santa Clara, California
#32New Post! Nov 02, 2006 @ 19:24:09
@myvoice Said
And abortion is abortion regardless of the reasons.

I don't think anyone said otherwise. The definition of abortion isn't the issue here. The basis of discussion is whether or not some abortions are justified and people's views on abortion.

@myvoice Said
If you think it's "different" all you're doing is imposing your beliefs on others.

Just because some people have different views on things does not mean they are imposing their beliefs on others. If that were true than you would be doing that exact thing. Just saying "I don't agree and this is why..." is not imposing or forcing beliefs on others. But saying "You have to believe the way I do or else..." would be. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. Whether you agree or not.

@myvoice Said
It's ridiculous to say if you aren't prepared for the possibility of having a baby don't have sex. It happens, even when ppl are ON birth control. Situations happen.

I don't know how many times I've said that one.
ang42 On October 12, 2007

Pontiac, Illinois
#35New Post! Nov 06, 2006 @ 19:39:48
Oh I don't even want to get started on this abortion thing!!! I just don't agree with it at all!!! I don't understand why people do it and i just think its wrong!!!
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#37New Post! Nov 07, 2006 @ 10:08:07
mmm, don't think it can work to legislate people's bodies - they're gonna do what they're gonna do - and we probably don't want to encourage "backyard" abortions (y'know, knitting needles and coat hangers n stuff )

i also wonder if maybe there are some adopted people out there who may have some thoughts on this one?

strangley, I was adopted and yet still support abortion (from a philosophical perspective the choice and the sense-of-consequence can only lay with the individual) I am, of course, quite glad my biological mother didn't choose to terminate, but I would have supported her decision if she had (does that sound weird?)
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Nov 07, 2006 @ 10:08:58
@digidave Said
mmm, don't think it can work to legislate people's bodies - they're gonna do what they're gonna do - and we probably don't want to encourage "backyard" abortions (y'know, knitting needles and coat hangers n stuff )

i also wonder if maybe there are some adopted people out there who may have some thoughts on this one?

strangley, I was adopted and yet still support abortion (from a philosophical perspective the choice and the sense-of-consequence can only lay with the individual) I am, of course, quite glad my biological mother didn't choose to terminate, but I would have supported her decision if she had (does that sound weird?)

good post.
angeldelight On December 23, 2006

newcastle upon tyne, United Ki
#39New Post! Nov 07, 2006 @ 10:28:31
@digidave Said

im adopted,in what way,could i enlighten the situation
Kasabian On May 25, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Nov 07, 2006 @ 11:03:05
abortion isn't wrong

'Telling a complete stranger what they can or can't do with their bodies and life is though...
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#41New Post! Nov 07, 2006 @ 11:06:11
@angeldelight Said
im adopted,in what way,could i enlighten the situation

read my post with a little more care and then decide if you have anything to offer to the discussion that is not ENTIRELY about you?

#42New Post! Nov 07, 2006 @ 11:06:34
@kasabian Said
abortion isn't wrong

'Telling a complete stranger what they can or can't do with their bodies and life is though...

like that point of view.
its not like if u find abortion wrong you will be forced to have one is it. so the anti's should keep their noses out of other peoples choices.

#43New Post! Nov 07, 2006 @ 11:10:46
@digidave Said
read my post with a little more care and then decide if you have anything to offer to the discussion that is not ENTIRELY about you?

touchy touchy!!!!!
i dont see how my view wld be of use,if i wasnt giving a personal one.and the point is ppl dont/wont alter their decisions based on anothers view anyhow.adoption or not...............

i wouldnt try and talk someone into or out of abortion,or adoption for that matter,but if they wanted fact or info i would provide them

#44New Post! Nov 07, 2006 @ 11:12:42
i thought digi's post was thoughtful and actually about the most original point ever raised on every abortion thread.

#45New Post! Nov 07, 2006 @ 11:13:04
@digidave Said

sorry could you maybe elabortae on how you could have "SUPPORTED HER DECISION" had she aborted YOU
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...18 19 20 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs