News & Current Events

Trayvon Martin's case turns into brand

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Mar 29, 2012 @ 00:27:58
Quote:

His parents have bought two trademarks, saying they hope to raise money to help other families struck by tragedy. Trayvon clothes, bumper stickers, buttons and posters are up for grabs on eBay.

https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-03-28/trayvon-martin-brand/53838756/1?csp=24&kjnd=XOUv1rmoEqotB3bF7XdSQQK8BiS14A7N4TDtcu8nJ%2BhXjuKdZC1QKklm88Q03Vah-61dceeec-fe1f-4be2-b8d2-08fe768bd236_d9eYNXSQw4w31s%2FXwN7v%2B6lHDnbE0L2lRdrvqGKRoVGuMmTBri%2FKRT%2FWhnYWNoRg

Can any one say THREE RING CIRCUS???""
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Mar 29, 2012 @ 00:31:10
Definitely a three ring circus.

It's getting seriously out of hand.

Even on here.

I'm still in the it takes two to tango camp.

Zimmerman should have stayed in his car. When he didn't and had retreated back to his car, Trayvon should have kept going and not attacked Zimmerman. (Confirmed by the girlfriend on the phone.)

Now it's all about race. It's not, in my opinion.

The world has gone crazy and because of this circus, the only thing we will take away from this is that the people that scream the loudest get the most attention.

Sad. And pitiful.

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Mar 29, 2012 @ 00:47:06
Quote:
A family attorney said Wednesday the purpose is mainly to prevent others from exploiting Martin's image

These words will have a much clearer ring truth, if or when there is some sort of charity or organisation set up in Trayvon Martin's name, to help 'other families' in the same horrible situation.

Quote:
At rallies and church services, thousands of dollars in pledges have been made to help Fulton and Tracy Martin, Martin's father, pay expenses including travel to events in Washington and New York, Jackson said. At one early rally, the Rev. Al Sharpton asked people to make out checks to Fulton and put them in buckets that were passed around.

@Lucky Charms Said

Definitely a three ring circus.

It's getting seriously out of hand.

Even on here.

I'm still in the it takes two to tango camp.

Zimmerman should have stayed in his car. When he didn't and had retreated back to his car, Trayvon should have kept going and not attacked Zimmerman. (Confirmed by the girlfriend on the phone.)

Now it's all about race. It's not, in my opinion.

The world has gone crazy and because of this circus, the only thing we will take away from this is that the people that scream the loudest get the most attention.

Sad. And pitiful.

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Mar 29, 2012 @ 01:16:20
It just seems IMO ,that at this point in time a preacher and a lawyer that has the opportunity to be supportive and helpful to the grieving parents of the 17 year old ,should be focusing more on getting the case to court and less on the commercial aspects of the whole thing.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Mar 29, 2012 @ 08:54:03
I had told another poster on another thread that I would find a link for them that would explane why I feel this topic is news worthy. Well the more I learn about Sharpten the less I like about his way of doing business. and IMO it's as plain as the nose on a face that he's about as crooked as a question mark.
So I have decided to just let my statement stand as is for now,,,
' when there is a charity or a non profit organisation set up in Trayvon Martin's name, to help 'other families' in the same horrible situation. '

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:44:11
Quote:
The national attention from perennial leaders of the black community, Sharpton and Rev Jesse Jackson is not welcome, according to C.L. Bryant, the former head of the NAACP in Garland, Texas.
'His family should be outraged at the fact that they’re using this child as the bait to inflame racial passions,' the conservative pastor told the Daily Caller.

He said they were 'acting as though they are buzzards circling the carcass of this young boy.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#7New Post! Mar 29, 2012 @ 13:30:03
I don't know maybe I missed this it is ok for unknown vendors to make money off of this kid? Any good lawyer would tell you to do what the parents did trademark it to protect his name. Come on people do you really think it is ok for these unknown people to be selling this stuff? If the vendors truly support this kid then give the stuff away
Cinnamon On April 21, 2012

USA,
#8New Post! Mar 29, 2012 @ 14:52:12
I just noticed some other Trayvon threads have been moved to the Politics forum.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs