Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#46New Post! Apr 08, 2012 @ 01:29:25
@Forumless Said

How about Zombie Easter Bunnies!! Ya don't need guns you just EAT'EM!!

Five_Tailed_Fox On June 16, 2012

Cottontown, Tennessee
#47New Post! Apr 10, 2012 @ 00:19:02
@DorkySupergirl Said

I agree its taken over the tv and its now mostly a circus and speculation but to say its pointless. A kid lost his life and parents are grieving and his friends and rest of family are too and they do not know 100% what happened to their kid but want answers and justice for their son. I do not see that as pointless. Have my family member been killed that way, I'd be the same as his parents are, wanting answers and justice. I do not think that would be a pointless thing for me to want.

Wanting justice isn't pointless, but the people talking about it aren't family or friends. They're just people spouting opinions based on whatever information has been made available at the moment.

The family needs to push for justice. Hell, we should all want justice to be done, and I have no problem with people wanting the police department in that part of Florida to get off their asses and do something. What I do have a problem with is people saying that one person is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, innocent or guilty, especially in this case, where the truth has been blurred by the media and there is a significant lack of evidence. It's easy to hate Zimmerman, but he's not the second coming of Hitler, like some people are making him out to be, and that's the sort of thing that really gets my goat. The public should urge the authorities to do their jobs and ensure that justice is done, and that's all. It is pointless for the public at large to judge either Martin or Zimmerman.

@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I'm tired of seeing this on FB:

Yeah, that's starting to really bug me, too. I understand what's being said, that Martin was just a normal teenager and not a gang-banger, but the fact that he was carrying Skittles and tea doesn't really matter. Zimmerman was following him from behind, right? So Zimmerman probably never saw either of the items.

Then again, it is an easy way to get people talking about it . . . I don't know. I can't be angry at people for posting stuff about Skittles and tea, but I don't think it actually helps at all.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#48New Post! Apr 10, 2012 @ 00:22:57
@Five_Tailed_Fox Said

Wanting justice isn't pointless, but the people talking about it aren't family or friends. They're just people spouting opinions based on whatever information has been made available at the moment.

The family needs to push for justice. Hell, we should all want justice to be done, and I have no problem with people wanting the police department in that part of Florida to get off their asses and do something. What I do have a problem with is people saying that one person is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, innocent or guilty, especially in this case, where the truth has been blurred by the media and there is a significant lack of evidence. It's easy to hate Zimmerman, but he's not the second coming of Hitler, like some people are making him out to be, and that's the sort of thing that really gets my goat. The public should urge the authorities to do their jobs and ensure that justice is done, and that's all. It is pointless for the public at large to judge either Martin or Zimmerman.

Yeah, that's starting to really bug me, too. I understand what's being said, that Martin was just a normal teenager and not a gang-banger, but the fact that he was carrying Skittles and tea doesn't really matter. Zimmerman was following him from behind, right? So Zimmerman probably never saw either of the items.

Then again, it is an easy way to get people talking about it . . . I don't know. I can't be angry at people for posting stuff about Skittles and tea, but I don't think it actually helps at all.

The candy and tea are just symbols meant to illustrate how innocent he was.
Five_Tailed_Fox On June 16, 2012

Cottontown, Tennessee
#49New Post! Apr 10, 2012 @ 00:29:09
@jonnythan Said

The candy and tea are just symbols meant to illustrate how innocent he was.

Yeah, I'm being too literal with them, and I know I am, hence why I can't be angry at people for using them.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#50New Post! Apr 10, 2012 @ 00:39:47
@Leon Said

Yeah, it has turned into a media frenzied soap opera more than anything else. Because of race no doubt.

If it was two white people we probably wouldn't have heard anything else about it..
Carly's Mommy

#51New Post! Apr 10, 2012 @ 00:41:26
@Leon Said

As a teacher in the inner city, I've seen that name quite often, and much worse.

JonQuonda and Aquaniesha come to my mind...
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#52New Post! Apr 10, 2012 @ 04:51:36
@Kristy69 Said

JonQuonda and Aquaniesha come to my mind...

I haven't seen any that bad.
Carly's Mommy

#53New Post! Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:00:28
@Leon Said

I haven't seen any that bad.

Welcome to Baltimore.

We also had twin girls born here after Obama got inaugurated who were named Obamanique and Barakeisha.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs