Poll shows racial divide on views of Trayvon Martin case

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 06:35:42
Quote:

The poll of 3,006 adults, conducted Monday to Wednesday, included 2,334 non-Hispanic whites and 242 blacks

https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-05/trayvon-martin-poll/54047512/1?csp=24&kjnd=ZlyXy3JEcZMjs%2FowBBcAzuAz8cR28YXXdEQ0c9J2n37WoIhjnEjeR4xkdzRMXDFZ-c20316dd-5a31-4c67-98be-a0c65784f0ae_tyry5%2FnneKMbq0uoddlINcbFMJHmuJJepPsyvyQi5ehKbqSmw6AeCa3dwb0QO9xv

It has been explained to me just how these polls are taken seriously by a very large part of the people in the nation from the highest ranking politician to the hardest working burger flipper around. I for one just don't see how 3000 or less people answering a question , can be tallied up to some how represent the several millions of people across the country.

But I realize I am a part of a very small ,most likely almost non existing minority in my opinion of the polls

Doesn't it seem logical that if this case had really only been about race ,that the law enforcement would have by now arrested Zimmerman in light of all the publicity and pressure ?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 06:48:41
These polls are usually pretty accurate within the error range given so I wouldn't question that.

As far as your question, it has been about race and politics or it wouldn't have gotten the publicity it has. In fact, I would be willing to bet if Trayvon was white, we wouldn't even have heard about it or at least forgotten about it by now.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#3New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 07:15:55
@Leon Said

These polls are usually pretty accurate within the error range given so I wouldn't question that.

As far as your question, it has been about race and politics or it wouldn't have gotten the publicity it has. In fact, I would be willing to bet if Trayvon was white, we wouldn't even have heard about it or at least forgotten about it by now.

And it was made about race by three major news networks who altered or disregarded evidence with what were nearly disastrous consequences. This is one of the greatest episodes of media bias to come along ever. But of course you likely won't hear otherwise, and soon forget the insincere apologies from said networks.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 07:18:16
@ThePainefulTruth Said

And it was made about race by three major news networks who altered or disregarded evidence with what were nearly disastrous consequences. This is one of the greatest episodes of media bias to come along ever. But of course you likely won't hear otherwise, and soon forget the insincere apologies from said networks.

Probably right, as the media has certainly played their part. Either way, I'd still be willing to bet my years' salary he was followed in part because of his skin color.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#5New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 07:25:47
@Leon Said

Probably right, as the media has certainly played their part. Either way, I'd still be willing to bet my years' salary he was followed in part because of his skin color.

When this started I'd have agreed. But did you know that he was a mentor--for black children? That and his mixed race heritage, I just don't buy it.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 07:31:27
@ThePainefulTruth Said

When this started I'd have agreed. But did you know that he was a mentor--for black children? That and his mixed race heritage, I just don't buy it.

Doesn't matter.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#7New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 08:19:12
@Leon Said

Doesn't matter.

You dismiss it out-of-hand, Why? How many racists do you know or have ever heard of who do that or anything like it? You're toeing the party's racist hateful line that's being (or was being before the wind came out of its sails) promoted for political expediency.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 09:17:14
@Leon Said

>>> sarcasic exsample >> A poll says that 53 % of Americans have never s*** in an outhouse the poll was taken over a three day time frame and 2,894 people were called ,, .<< smart a** example <<
It just does not make any sense that 2500 people more or less can answer their phone and some how the numbers can be tweaked to make every one believe that those 2500 people speak for the millions .. and of course since there has never been anyway to prove or disprove that idea of 2500 speaking for millions , over time it has become set in stone and excepted without question by the millions who have no problem letting the 2500 do the talking and the politicians do the ,,,,,

I allowed in my OP that I know the size of the minority i am a part of in this unexceptionably of the polls,

What I am wondering about this case is , with all the attention and high powered publicity it has been getting , it just seems strange that the two different law enforcement agencies would have found some evidence that could stand up in a court of law that could be used to arrest and bring charges against Zimmerman ,
The attention and focus that has been brought to the whole deal , the screams of racism heard from the three highly placed well known people like Jackson and the other two hasn't spurred either of the two agencies to make an arrest and put charges against anyone. So what exactly has been accomplished by all the attention and screaming racism publicity over the past few weeks that has changed any thing about the case ?
Cinnamon On April 21, 2012

USA,
#9New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 11:28:33
@ThePainefulTruth Said

This case exposes those who won't think for themselves - it outs those who tow the Jackson/Sharpton/Obama line (known racists.)

The moment those racist riot rousers inject themselves into a case, it's like some immediately stop thinking and follow in line with trash like those clowns. They don't need facts, they're puppets to the racists who WANT to divide. Sucks.

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 14:11:56
@Cinnamon Said

Jackson/Sharpton/Obama line

You know what ? You need to post links to back up any facts you post.
I have not come across any articles or reports linking these three names together in confection with this case . Please post your links to this info, Thanks in advance .
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#11New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 14:43:58
@white_swan53 Said

https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-05/trayvon-martin-poll/54047512/1?csp=24&kjnd=ZlyXy3JEcZMjs%2FowBBcAzuAz8cR28YXXdEQ0c9J2n37WoIhjnEjeR4xkdzRMXDFZ-c20316dd-5a31-4c67-98be-a0c65784f0ae_tyry5%2FnneKMbq0uoddlINcbFMJHmuJJepPsyvyQi5ehKbqSmw6AeCa3dwb0QO9xv

It has been explained to me just how these polls are taken seriously by a very large part of the people in the nation from the highest ranking politician to the hardest working burger flipper around. I for one just don't see how 3000 or less people answering a question , can be tallied up to some how represent the several millions of people across the country.

But I realize I am a part of a very small ,most likely almost non existing minority in my opinion of the polls

Doesn't it seem logical that if this case had really only been about race ,that the law enforcement would have by now arrested Zimmerman in light of all the publicity and pressure ?

You are right, the case is not just about race.
This case is mainly about a coverup of the Sanford Police department to protect one of their own.

Race became an issue because Trayvon was profiled by Zimmerman, and I think he would be alive today if he were not a Black kid.

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 15:27:49
@futilevoice Said

You are right, the case is not just about race.
This case is mainly about a coverup of the Sanford Police department to protect one of their own.

Race became an issue because Trayvon was profiled by Zimmerman, and I think he would be alive today if he were not a Black kid.

I wonder. Do you think Trayvon was Zimmermans first black kid in a hoodie ? I think it would be interesting to hear or at least read what was said and what was going on and what were the race of the people that Zimmerman was rep[orting ,during some of those other 40 some odd calls to 911 Zimmermn dailed , ya think ? What makes me thin about ths is every time someone says this
Quote:
I think he would be alive today if he were not a Black kid.

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 15:32:49
@Leon Said

Doesn't matter.

You are right, it does not seem to matter to the media or the general public.
May be if the guy is ever arrested and charged with a crime in connection with this , it will start to matter .
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 15:58:24
@Leon Said

Actually that is backwards. he only reason we know about it is because the family & community were not given answers in a timely manner. Had that happened. We may not be here now. Fact of the matter IS race still matters. Sad as that is.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#15New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 16:00:11
@white_swan53 Said

I wonder. Do you think Trayvon was Zimmermans first black kid in a hoodie ? I think it would be interesting to hear or at least read what was said and what was going on and what were the race of the people that Zimmerman was rep[orting ,during some of those other 40 some odd calls to 911 Zimmermn dailed , ya think ? What makes me thin about ths is every time someone says this

The problems with the police department seems to be well know in the area.

"..the current chief, who everyone in Sanford calls "Billy" Lee -- not the more formal "Bill," as he is referred to in the media -- is seen as just another good old boy. He was brought in after a search process that many Sanford residents didn't trust. And his department's handling of the Trayvon Martin case -- apparently under Lee's personal direction -- led to a "no confidence" vote by the city commission, prompting Lee to announce he was temporarily stepping down the week before last."

There were many cases that were either suspicious or went unsolved in the Sanford area. I know that Zimmerman has a violent past, and had a restrainiing order against him by his ex. He also was fired from his job as a bouncer for throwing a women across the bar. He was also arrested for assaulting a police officer. I don't think these crimes were racially motivated but obviously Zimmerman is a ticking time bomb.

https://www.thegrio.com/specials/trayvon-martin/for-black-sanford-residents-police-a-history-of-mistrust.php?page=2
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs