AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#1New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 06:02:13
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/8188898.stm

To be released today, because of medical reasons, do you think he should of died in prison?
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#2New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 06:05:56
No.
If you can look at the guy you know that he's no threat any more, he is just a drain on resources.
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#3New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 06:07:05
@KulliK357 Said

No.
If you can look at the guy you know that he's no threat any more, he is just a drain on resources.

Ah, I see your point there
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 06:40:39
now he will be a drain on nhs services!

have little sympathy for people guilty of criminal acts and am a firm believer in people serving their full sentence, he had many years living the high life on stolen money, then comes back when he is ill, no sympathy there from me, should have been left to rot in his cell
Sausage Snowman

#5New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 06:44:13
@Hinckleylad Said

have little sympathy for people guilty of criminal acts and am a firm believer in people serving their full sentence, he had many years living the high life on stolen money, then comes back when he is ill, no sympathy there from me, should have been left to rot in his cell

he gets care in an expensive secure environment which he can't escape and he gets care off the NHS's expensive sterile facilities with highly trained staff simultaneously or he gets care in the NHS alone.
he drains more resources in prison since he gets both.
also, the problem of prison overcrowding is greater than the problem of not enough medical treatment.
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#6New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 06:45:15
@Hinckleylad Said

What gets me, he doesn't have remorse for it, and yet there are people clambering for him to be released
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 06:50:13
what also gets me is why all the fuss over him, he seems to be a political hot potatoe, as they have waitted so long to get him locked up, home secretary wanted to make an example of him, rightly so.

i understand the costs of treating him and locking him up are high, but will he live long enough to do the chat show circuit? write a book?

suppose far worse people have been released from jail early only to re-offend again, at least there is little fear of him doing that.
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#8New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 06:52:30
@Hinckleylad Said

what also gets me is why all the fuss over him, he seems to be a political hot potatoe, as they have waitted so long to get him locked up, home secretary wanted to make an example of him, rightly so.

i understand the costs of treating him and locking him up are high, but will he live long enough to do the chat show circuit? write a book?

suppose far worse people have been released from jail early only to re-offend again, at least there is little fear of him doing that.

Yeah, I would doubt he would, but you never know, some people have done the strangest thing
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#9New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 06:57:41
His crime was that he pinched a load of money, and was part of a gang who beat a guy senseless. Pretty serious stuff, but way worse crimes are committed.

For that, he was sentenced to 30 years. That is a lot longer than for what in my opinion are much more serious crimes.

I'm not saying he didn't deserve 30 years (Well, ok, it seems overkill), BUT why are other crimes not treated as seriously?
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#10New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 07:00:40
@sheepy Said

His crime was that he pinched a load of money, and was part of a gang who beat a guy senseless. Pretty serious stuff, but way worse crimes are committed.

For that, he was sentenced to 30 years. That is a lot longer than for what in my opinion are much more serious crimes.

I'm not saying he didn't deserve 30 years (Well, ok, it seems overkill), BUT why are other crimes not treated as seriously?

Yeah, but he did run away, in those days, they treated things more seriously than they do these days
Sausage Snowman

#11New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 07:02:14
I think there's a line between justice and revenge. 30 years strays into the territory of revenge in my opinion.
sue2 On August 15, 2011

Deleted

cornwall, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 07:11:00
I think he should be released he is a sick elderly man. Far worse crimes are committed with less of a sentance.We have peodaphiles released and living in our communities that should never be.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#13New Post! Aug 07, 2009 @ 17:56:21
yes.

i wonder if the people saying he should be released, would be so keen to say the same for me.

I'll get a group of friends together and we'll go rob a train or security van, and in the process of doing do we'll seriously injure a man who never recovers.
after doing all this I'll go to prison for a year, but then I'll escape for nice long vacation in Australia and then Brazil.

of course I'll then return to the UK when im seriously ill, so i can get my free healthcare.

i couldn't care less if he is sick, he had every opportunity to return to the uk, too then serve his time.
if he had did this he probably would of been a free man long ago.
RotherhamRudeboy On September 22, 2009

Rotherham, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 08:26:25
The Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs was released from custody from prison on compassionate grounds. The 80 year old is in hospital with phenmonia. He is released on a ROTL (Release On Temporary Licence) NOT ON PAROLE as the media have said. The gang badly injured a man during the robbery 30 YEARS AGO. Should he be released after all he's done? My answer is yes. This is why

1. He's an old man and no threat to society

2. He's SERIOUSLY ill and is likely to last no more than six months. He can be released under compassionate grounds by the Home Secretary under European and British Law.

3. The others robbers only did 10 years so why should he be any diffrent even if he did escape. (A prisoners porogative!)
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#15New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 08:31:14
@RotherhamRudeboy Said

The Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs was released from custody from prison on compassionate grounds. The 80 year old is in hospital with phenmonia. He is released on a ROTL (Release On Temporary Licence) NOT ON PAROLE as the media have said. The gang badly injured a man during the robbery 30 YEARS AGO. Should he be released after all he's done? My answer is yes. This is why

1. He's an old man and no threat to society

2. He's SERIOUSLY ill and is likely to last no more than six months. He can be released under compassionate grounds by the Home Secretary under European and British Law.

3. The others robbers only did 10 years so why should he be any diffrent even if he did escape. (A prisoners porogative!)

About number 1, would you say that about a paedophile?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs