Kids

This is just so wrong on all levels

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jul 27, 2012 @ 22:17:42
My daughter-in-law's sister, just gave birth to her first child yesterday .
So what's wrong with that ? She is a young woman in her early 20's her live in boyfriend is in his early 30's and he is a two times convicted child molester. The new mom has spent her entire pregnancy defending him , saying all the things you would expect to hear from a person living in denial.
He's paid his debt , he's not the same guy , he was younger then , he's older now, I'll keep a close watch , etc....
I have met my daughter-in-law's sister one time and that was at my son's wedding , I've never met the ' boyfriend' but I have been hearing my daughter-in-law trying to talk sense to her sister over the phone and I have heard all the 'details' after the phone calls.
I ask my daughter-in-law if the guy has had any sort of therapy or counseling and the answer her sister gave is " he's paid his debt and he's not the same guy he was back then. " That sounds like a "NO" to the question of therapy .
The new baby is no blood relation to me but that doesn't stop me from worrying about the child's safety .
I realise that the young mother has made her decision to trust that man by living with him and having a child with him .
Am I over reacting ?

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! Jul 27, 2012 @ 22:21:53
So what's wrong with that ? She is a young woman in her early 20's, her live in boyfriend is in his early 30's and he is a two times convicted child molester. The new mom has spent her entire pregnancy defending him , saying all the things you would expect to hear from a person living in denial.
He's paid his debt , he's not the same guy , he was younger then , he's older now, I'll keep a close watch , etc....
I have met my daughter-in-law's sister one time and that was at my son's wedding , I've never met the ' boyfriend' but I have been hearing my daughter-in-law trying to talk sense to her sister over the phone and I have heard all the 'details' after the phone calls.
I ask my daughter-in-law if the guy has had any sort of therapy or counseling and the answer her sister gave is " he's paid his debt and he's not the same guy he was back then. " That sounds like a "NO" to the question of therapy .
The new baby is no blood relation to me but that doesn't stop me from worrying about the child's safety .
I realise that the young mother has made her decision to trust that man by living with him and having a child with him .
Am I over reacting ?
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#3New Post! Jul 27, 2012 @ 23:06:52
@white_swan53 Said

So what's wrong with that ? She is a young woman in her early 20's, her live in boyfriend is in his early 30's and he is a two times convicted child molester. The new mom has spent her entire pregnancy defending him , saying all the things you would expect to hear from a person living in denial.
Am I over reacting ?

technically, her response is accurate. He has paid his debt to society so he "should" be allowed to continue on with a normal life. The question then emerges of how accurate is law in reflection of biological reality

So me, personally.. I would ask or find out about the circumstances of the conviction and case.

What was the age of the child in question
What was the gender
What was the relationship
Was it more than one occasion or was it something that happened only once

Questions like these can help shed light on the true state of the person at that point in time. The case could possibly have been something so different as in he was convicted of molesting a child when he was 19 and the "child" was 15. That kind of conviction is a far cry from a 45 year old man sodomizing a 1 year old boy.

Laws are "usually" passed with good intention.. but we all know where the path of good intentions lead

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Jul 27, 2012 @ 23:13:16
@Tar Said

technically, her response is accurate. He has paid his debt to society so he "should" be allowed to continue on with a normal life. The question then emerges of how accurate is law in reflection of biological reality

So me, personally.. I would ask or find out about the circumstances of the conviction and case.

What was the age of the child in question
What was the gender
What was the relationship
Was it more than one occasion or was it something that happened only once

Questions like these can help shed light on the true state of the person at that point in time. The case could possibly have been something so different as in he was convicted of molesting a child when he was 19 and the "child" was 15. That kind of conviction is a far cry from a 45 year old man sodomizing a 1 year old boy.

Laws are "usually" passed with good intention.. but we all know where the path of good intentions lead

Thanks for the input, since anything I get comes 'second hand' from my daughter in law it's a bit difficult to get any details but it's not impossible.

you are spot on with your last sentence .
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#5New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 00:07:41
@white_swan53 Said

Am I over reacting ?

NO, you are NOT over reacting... you are concerned for the child's safety. One thing though, the child should NEVER be left alone with this Guy... EVER. That's my spin and I'm sticking to it.

J.R.

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 00:38:16
@JR_Sanford Said

NO, you are NOT over reacting... you are concerned for the child's safety. One thing though, the child should NEVER be left alone with this Guy... EVER. That's my spin and I'm sticking to it.

J.R.

I agree 110% and if I was in any way able to make sure that the child would never be alone with him I would. but as I stated, I have met the new mom one time and I have never met the boyfriend/ molester.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 00:44:23
I found this ,
Quote:
Are pedophiles and other sex offenders allowed to live with and raise their own children?

Mine is an answer from the perspective of a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA); we work with children who are abused (both sexually and physically), neglected, and abandoned. In no way is this a definitive answer.

The short answer is yes. Convicted or not, once the parent has served their time, they are allowed to return to their families and live with their children, even if the child/ren are present that were abused.

Even if the parent is not convicted, just the fact that a case was brought to trial meant there was compelling evidence that there was abuse in the home. No prosecutor would waste their time (or the county's money) pursuing a case that didn't have a high possibility of conviction. These parents return home also.

When these parents do not return home, they are still granted visitation rights, which can give them opportunities to abuse their children. Sometimes Child Protection Services (CPS) is involved and requires supervision, but not always. They are limited to caseloads and observations which may lead them to think all is well.

In very obvious abuse or neglect cases, a child may be removed from the home and placed in foster care until the trial date; if the parent is convicted, the children will stay in foster care until the parent serves time (if that is the single parent), remain at home with the other parent, or age out of the system. In sexual abuse cases (most of mine), the girls were rarely removed from the home because incest can be much more difficult to prove while questioning the child. Fathers were much more savvy about answering what the police and prosecutors wanted to hear to avoid arrest. I use the term fathers because most abusers (I think the rate is over 90%) were men

https://www.quora.com/Are-pedophiles-and-other-sex-offenders-allowed-to-live-with-and-raise-their-own-children

This is so scary,
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 00:50:43
ouch.
i'd look into it.
the gals to in love, the child wount be able to.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#9New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 01:17:14
No you're not over reacting. Is she f***ing crazy? These people are sexually attracted to kids; whether he "paid his debt or not" because of this fact her child will be in constant danger.

I hope her actually being a mom changes her feelings; BEFORE it is too late.

I just can't believe anyone would be this idiotic. I just can't.

On my old street there was this lady whose boyfriend kept making passes at her daughter (we later learned) ; one night, he put his hand down her pants while she lay on the couch watching t.v...The mother found out and all hell broke loose.

The kid said she never told her about the prior attempts because she "didn't want to hurt her".

What angered me to the point I almost lost it was, during a chat in the laundromat not long after the incident with the mom, it came up she knew before moving him in with her that he had a record of child molestation. She had the same feelings about the guy as you are saying this a** has now; "she loved him".

Well, she saw for herself that they don't change...
When I heard she knew beforehand though, I tell you, it took all I had to keep from punching her in the face. I think the only thing that stopped me was the knowlege that he didn't get to actually do any harm to the kid, and was at the time of our chat actually in police custody.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#11New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 01:39:16
No, you are not over reacting. It is a sign of basic decency in a human being that they show concern for the welfare of a child. The innocence of childhood is a valuable thing that ought to be protected by those of us that have lost ours, and know the world is not always a nice, safe, happy place. Children should be allowed to live in a nice, safe, happy world, and it is our job to create it.

That said, I would find out to what level this guy is a danger. For example, precisely how or why is this guy defined as a child molester/sex predator?

There is a difference between being 18/19 in a relationship with a 15 year old, than there is in being 45 with a 4 year old, but, at least in Australia, both people end up on a sex offenders register. He may not be a threat to a child. However, if he is, my method of dealing with it would be... unpleasant, and may violate one or two laws.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#13New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 01:46:32
@bob_the_fisherman Said

No, you are not over reacting. It is a sign of basic decency in a human being that they show concern for the welfare of a child. The innocence of childhood is a valuable thing that ought to be protected by those of us that have lost ours, and know the world is not always a nice, safe, happy place. Children should be allowed to live in a nice, safe, happy world, and it is our job to create it.

That said, I would find out to what level this guy is a danger. For example, precisely how or why is this guy defined as a child molester/sex predator?

There is a difference between being 18/19 in a relationship with a 15 year old, than there is in being 45 with a 4 year old, but, at least in Australia, both people end up on a sex offenders register. He may not be a threat to a child. However, if he is, my method of dealing with it would be... unpleasant, and may violate one or two laws.

you stole my post!
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#14New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 01:50:13
does he kinda look like this?

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! Jul 28, 2012 @ 01:55:09
I don't know at this point if he was found guilty of two counts of molestation one one child or if he was arrested two separate times.
My DIL says "He is a twice convicted offender."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs