, New Zealand
#31New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 11:36:53
Interesting.
Zhed On June 12, 2012

Kaviang, Papua New Guinea
#32New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 13:17:37
@woodss Said

My vies on this subject.

I'm not a mod, but I'm a network security professional, every year people in forums and social network sites are harassed, bullied by other users.

I can not stress enough of the priciple of think before you, press submit, because once its sent to the other user it can not be returned, or cancelled.

My Advice

1. Read what you write.
2. Weigh up the pros and cons
3. If in doubt delete the message / cancel it.

This is network security advice from a IT professional

Stuart Woods AACS Dip.IT Web Dev Adv.Dip.IT Net Sec

Hmmmmmm or you could just be honest.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#33New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 13:25:57
@Zhed Said

Hmmmmmm or you could just be honest.

What do you mean, Zhed?
Zhed On June 12, 2012

Kaviang, Papua New Guinea
#34New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 13:36:41
@Electric_Banana Said

What do you mean, Zhed?

Initially what you put down is straight up. The more you edit and modify for whatever reasons then you risk not getting the message you intended to deliver through and this hides your style of Conversation where one can determine your character, your honest perception of issues etc, your methods of approach, writing techniques and style etc...It would make room for a dull convo without character like talking to a robot or something.
Communication becomes interesting the better you understand the person you communicating with.
I prefer my Whisky straight up because it hasn’t been diluted and it’s 100% pure just like how I appreciate each and everyone’s initial and direct approach to issues and discussions.

But I dunno that’s just me I guess.

, New Zealand
#35New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 13:54:12
@Zhed Said

Initially what you put down is straight up. The more you edit and modify for whatever reasons then you risk not getting the message you intended to deliver through and this hides your style of Conversation where one can determine your character, your honest perception of issues etc, your methods of approach, writing techniques and style etc...It would make room for a dull convo without character like talking to a robot or something.
Communication becomes interesting the better you understand the person you communicating with.
I prefer my Whisky straight up because it hasn’t been diluted and it’s 100% pure just like how I appreciate each and everyone’s initial and direct approach to issues and discussions.

But I dunno that’s just me I guess.

Actually, that is rather intelligent. It also reveals who has issues that they could get help for.

When I first started posting in here two years ago I was very strict about managing my presentation to others - at that time the forum was fairly clean, female dominated and I didn't want to soil it, so to speak, by being myself with no inhibition.

People started fishing me out for being restrained and artificial. I was doing so out of courtesy and not to be Mr. Personality of the year.

I do know however that you don't want to hurt others. I don't know what sad situations people are in but the only reason that people come and go from social groups is that they feel most comfortable with company around.

I look back at MySpace ten years ago and it seemed that most the world was on the net. Nowadays, TFS seems to be the last forum in existence because everyone else was ran off.

Even myself does not contact old friends or family members very often and I'm not to open for making new friends when I'm out in public.

People are being trained to distant themselves in their own little bubbles.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 13:56:13
I think if you worry too much about what you say on the net you probably need to get a life outside.

, New Zealand
#37New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 14:03:59
@treebee Said

I think if you worry too much about what you say on the net you probably need to get a life outside.

Even in live company I'd be afraid of saying the wrong thing. At least on the net I can catch and edit myself before hitting 'send' and getting decked.
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#38New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 14:26:09
Dang it... I've already made an a** of myself so many times and what do I have to show for it?

Well, I know I'm an a** and everyone else has forgotten me. Until the next time I make an a** of myself, that is.

But yes, I should and your reminder has come too late. I am in a disagreement at the moment- I must always show my stubborn side- call it what you will.

, New Zealand
#39New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 14:32:21
@Sweet_Merry Said

Dang it... I've already made an a** of myself so many times and what do I have to show for it?

Well, I know I'm an a** and everyone else has forgotten me. Until the next time I make an a** of myself, that is.

But yes, I should and your reminder has come too late. I am in a disagreement at the moment- I must always show my stubborn side- call it what you will.

We missed you, Merry.

I usually don't question the disappearance of people because I suspect they actually found a real life and are having a better time at than I am.
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#40New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 17:00:05
@Electric_Banana Said

We missed you, Merry.

I usually don't question the disappearance of people because I suspect they actually found a real life and are having a better time at than I am.

I'm just wandering the Webz.
I keep looking for that mythical "Real Life" I've heard talked about... but it eludes me still.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#41New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 17:26:26
@Electric_Banana Said

I'm not sure what you mean.

Defence is only necessary if you credit and respect your attacker enough to feel that their attacks are of any concern or value.

i guess i could attack using lies, but a truth i'm guessing you mean?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#42New Post! Jul 28, 2011 @ 17:28:29
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

Willie, we each will be granted the opportunity, soon enough.....

yep.
hope it don't turn into an a** war

, New Zealand
#43New Post! Jul 29, 2011 @ 00:14:19
@Willi Said

yep.

That would be smelly.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#44New Post! Jul 29, 2011 @ 00:18:42
@Willi Said

yep.

Offense: Kiss my ass!

Defense: Pucker your butt!

, New Zealand
#45New Post! Jul 29, 2011 @ 00:20:24
@Willi Said

i guess i could attack using lies, but a truth i'm guessing you mean?

I don't know Willi - it's just the interwebs. Some people out there are sensitive - they don't understand the human race, they think they themselves are doing something wrong and it hurts them.

Me, I really don't care unless someone physically attacks me.

People place too much credit in the competence of other people and take their opinions of them seriously...that's how people get hurt.

I mean if a child rapist were passing snarky remarks at you, would it hurt your feelings?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs