The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

There Are Actually Good Things In The Healthcare Bill!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Should the Senate pass the healthcare bill?
Yes
No
View Results
simplydiffer On April 30, 2015

#1New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 22:18:03
As I was researching for a debate in class (I'm on the for health care bill, but really I'm still not, but whatever)I was shocked to find there are many good thing about it (besides the obvious meaning of universal health care) such as:

-lose job, you still got health care
-pay as you go
-in long run, reduces medical costs
-current health-insurance poorly serves women, it'll fix that
-requires children have coverage
-all are covered excluding illegal immigrants
-and more

Here are legitamite websites for proof and more stuff I didn't type. I know one's from 2009, but the new bill is basically the same as the one from 2009.

Twenty-Six Lies About H.R. 3200

Comprehensive Health Care Reform: An Essential Prescription for Women

the one mentioning children, mysteriously disappeared. (Insert Rousing Suspisions Here)

and some i found and can't remember where.

so what do you think, should the Senate push it on through or not?
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#2New Post! Mar 22, 2010 @ 06:22:12
Off the top of my head:

Pay Go/Reduces Medical Costs - check out the letters from the CBO that state that the cost of implementation vis-a-vie the IRS and HHS are NOT included in the bill ---- add 50 billion plus to the cost of the bill.

Pay Go/Reduces Medical Costs - check out the fact that the Doc Fix Bill will come to the floor of the House in a few months, as it does every year, that increases medicare reimbursement rates that is NOT included in the bill ---- add between 208 and 320 billion to the cost of health care.

Covers Kids - The CHIP program and (SCHIP programs in the states) passed earlier this year already covered kids. You'll find that as an attachment to the Agriculture Bill.

Read the CBO letters that tell of the double counting that takes place in the estimates and the pure BS touted by Obama in his assertion that this bill reduces the deficit.

Check last weeks House agenda and find that they passed earmark legislation that prohibits the House from passing earmarks. Then check Issa's point of order on the floor today regarding that and see the transcripts. Louise Slaughter admits that the earmarks are still in the bill. All but Nebraska and Florida were removed.

Results - Pay Go is a rule in the House; No Earmarks is a rule in the House. In passing the Senate Bill and the resulting Reconciliation Bill, the House did not adhere to it's own rules.

My answer is a resounding NO.

For interesting tidbit - find the Plouffe/Rove piece from Sunday Morning talk show "This Week". Karl lays the dollars out for David showing this in fact a 500 to 700 billion dollar deficit bill. Plouffe cannot refute it.

FYI - David Camp R-MI - has every number you need if you need them.

Good luck. I hope your class is much more wise than the House was tonight.

#3New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 03:45:24
This country is soooooooooo screwed right now.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#4New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 03:58:58
@simplydiffer Said

This country is soooooooooo screwed right now.

Just remember, it's all Bush's fault. lol

#5New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 04:07:59
@raditz Said

Just remember, it's all Bush's fault. lol

He set the thing in motion and now he's chillin' in Texas with a 6-pack of Miller Light writing "Sucker!" on all of Obabma's pictures.

#6New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 03:13:53
Just had the debate today. The other team did not have very many substantial point against us, except for this one girl. But the few they had were enough. Truth is, to every positive of the bill, there's an overwhelming negative. it's interesting to see this country go to hell in a hand basket while I'm growing up.
SKELTERED On May 13, 2010

LAKELAND,
#7New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 03:25:36
@simplydiffer Said

Just had the debate today. The other team did not have very many substantial point against us, except for this one girl. But the few they had were enough. Truth is, to every positive of the bill, there's an overwhelming negative. it's interesting to see this country go to hell in a hand basket while I'm growing up.
i've heard that "country's going to hell" line as long as i can remember... from the fifties through now. lol.
life goes on anyway , until it doesn't.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#8New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 03:25:42
@simplydiffer Said

What positives?
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#9New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 18:23:04
@simplydiffer Said

Well, be part of the process that doesn't allow this sort of stuff to go forward. That requires you to know who you're voting for and what they believe. It's not all 'my daddy knew his daddy' any longer. People in high office are corrupted by fame and fortune every day.

Be sure to make sure both you and your friends KNOW what is at issue and who advocates for what you believe. That's from the local dog catcher on up to the highest office in the land.

Our downfall, the generation prior to yours, is that we weren't vigilant and we didn't speak out as the country began to lean far too much to the left. We coddled the whiners and liberal activists and let them have their way thinking they couldn't do THAT much harm.

We were wrong - learn from our mistakes.

Good luck to you as you move on into adulthood. We're counting on you to keep our nation the bastion of freedom it was meant to be.

bea_sweet On April 25, 2010

Bartow, Florida
#10New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 18:29:30
One of the things I like about the bill is that it forces fast food joints to notify the customer of nutritional content of what they're buying. People should actually know what they're eating. 1,330 calories in a Wendy's Baconator.
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#11New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 18:33:54
Gee, I love being followed around by newbies.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#12New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 18:44:01
@bea_sweet Said

One of the things I like about the bill is that it forces fast food joints to notify the customer of nutritional content of what they're buying. People should actually know what they're eating. 1,330 calories in a Wendy's Baconator.

They already do this. Look on their website, and a majority of the chains in this area already have that information available to anyone that requests it.
Patt On May 05, 2010
NOT a Mafia Don

Deleted
Banned

Home,
#13New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 18:46:18
@raditz Said

They already do this. Look on their website, and a majority of the chains in this area already have that information available to anyone that requests it.

Rad - the person you're speaking to has been known to be very irrelevant and an attention hound in the threads from which my little troupe came here to avoid. My suggestion is to simply not speak to those that offer nothing to the conversation but post simply to inflate their own egos.
Darroll On April 26, 2012

salem, Oregon
#14New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 18:53:33
Now we have two classes of people.
The government and the rest of us peasants.
When the insurance companies move out of this country people will cry foul.
Maybe we can go to Mexico to find a job. (Or Cuba). Costa Rica is building healthcare facilities.
I love this healthcare plan.
In a few years people will see how dumb our leaders really are.
Boy, we really socked it to our insurance companies, didn?t we?
How many more businesses can we run off.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#15New Post! Mar 25, 2010 @ 18:57:22
"There are actually good things in the Health Care Bill."

What? National bankruptcy is a good thing?

Answer: Yes it is, for the never-let-a-good-crisis-go-to-waste Democrats.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs