Politics

The Poiltical "Blame Game"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 17:44:44
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/voters-blame-bush-more-obama-economy-143014602.html And they say politicians are the only ones who "flip flop"..........
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#2New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 19:10:22
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/voters-blame-bush-more-obama-economy-143014602.html And they say politicians are the only ones who "flip flop"..........

By JAMES TARANTO
Michael Goodwin of the New York Post "listened intently" to President Obama's Monday press conference, but only "for 15 minutes or so." That's 15 minutes or so longer than the duration of our own intentness, but we did listen falteringly to the whole thing. By contrast, as the president "droned on," Goodwin reveals that he "did something I never did before during an Obama appearance: I turned off the TV."

"Enough," writes Goodwin. "He is the Man Who Won't Listen to Anybody, so why should anybody listen to him? . . . I will leave that unhappy duty to others. I am tired of Barack Obama. There's nothing new there. His speeches are like 'Groundhog Day.' "
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 19:58:08
@hoppy Said

By JAMES TARANTO
Michael Goodwin of the New York Post "listened intently" to President Obama's Monday press conference, but only "for 15 minutes or so." That's 15 minutes or so longer than the duration of our own intentness, but we did listen falteringly to the whole thing. By contrast, as the president "droned on," Goodwin reveals that he "did something I never did before during an Obama appearance: I turned off the TV."

"Enough," writes Goodwin. "He is the Man Who Won't Listen to Anybody, so why should anybody listen to him? . . . I will leave that unhappy duty to others. I am tired of Barack Obama. There's nothing new there. His speeches are like 'Groundhog Day.' "

Now that's rough, It could almost make a person feel sorry for poor ole Obama, because that has got to be one of the sorriest movies ever made.

Check a few of the comments on the article ,,,
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#4New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 20:17:03
@Spinkiegirl Said

It is a flip-flop because less than a year ago another poll stated voters blamed Obama more than Bush. https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/august_2010/48_blame_obama_for_bad_economy_47_blame_bush Just another example of why polls don't matter very much. They are accurate only for those who find their message positive and want to believe it means something. The real poll will occur in November 2012.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 20:17:21
The poll that the article is getting it's info from polled two thousand three hundred eleven registered voters.
And even broke it down into very specific catagories.
Rep Dem Ind Men Wom Wht Blk Hisp

Quote:
From July 5 - 11, Quinnipiac University surveyed 2,311 registered voters with a margin of error of +/- 2 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.

Quote:

"The American people aren't very happy about their leaders, but President Barack Obama is viewed as the best of the worst,especially when it comes to the economy,"

https://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1624

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#6New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 22:20:45
@white_swan53 Said

The poll that the article is getting it's info from polled two thousand three hundred eleven registered voters.
And even broke it down into very specific catagories.
Rep Dem Ind Men Wom Wht Blk Hisp

https://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1624

I just don't much believe in polls. They're a snapshot for the moment and the one category that is never identified is the BS artists polled. Here's a poll released this afternoon that claims any Republican candidate will beat Obama by at least 8% in the presidential election. https://www.gallup.com/poll/148487/Republican-Candidate-Extends-Lead-Obama.aspx Do I believe it? I'd like to, but I'll wait a bit further on to see how all this plays out closer to the actual election day. Do you think committed Dems will believe this poll? Not likely. So do I believe more people really blame Bush for the economy over Obama. Hey, we are in his 3rd year of presidency. I blame Obama and my bet is a lot of others do too. That's polls for you.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 22:31:21
@Junkyard_Jim Said

I just don't much believe in polls. They're a snapshot for the moment and the one category that is never identified is the BS artists polled.

I agree.
I have not yet been able to understand just exactly how 2,311 people can say what the rest of us think .
I did not read all of the comments on the article , there is over 5000, but the ones I did read showed no confidence in the info in the article.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 22:41:45
@Junkyard_Jim Said

So do I believe more people really blame Bush for the economy over Obama. Hey, we are in his 3rd year of presidency. I blame Obama and my bet is a lot of others do too. That's polls for you.

I do not understand how anyone can blame Bush at this point. It is a fact that Obama inherited a big mess caused in part by 2 very expensive wars and tax breaks that were beneficial only to a few that really didn't need them . But After almost three years of 'business as usual' Plus getting us into a third war ,,,

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#9New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 22:46:54
@white_swan53 Said

I do not understand how anyone can blame Bush at this point. It is a fact that Obama inherited a big mess caused in part by 2 very expensive wars and tax breaks that were beneficial only to a few that really didn't need them . But After almost three years of 'business as usual' Plus getting us into a third war ,,,

That's why its so entertaining to listen to committed ideologues scream at one another. The D or R don't seem to mean much anymore. A politician is a politician.

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 22:59:06
@Junkyard_Jim Said

That's why its so entertaining to listen to committed ideologues scream at one another. The D or R don't seem to mean much anymore. A politician is a politician.

Be careful. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/full_3ab16ef8a50da11be33c035129f2a18b.gif">
From personal experience I can say without a doubt that to compare Obama to an ordinary everyday Washington politician is to be asking for one or more Obama supporters to jump on the comparison like they have been personally insulted. it's comparable to waving a red flag in the face of an angry bull. IMO
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#11New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 23:15:15
@white_swan53 Said

I agree.
I have not yet been able to understand just exactly how 2,311 people can say what the rest of us think .
I did not read all of the comments on the article , there is over 5000, but the ones I did read showed no confidence in the info in the article.

there is almost 7000 now and still can't find a lot of people agreeing with the poll..( no I didn't read all them)..make you wonder just who did they poll???

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! Jul 14, 2011 @ 23:31:45
@TheMuse Said

there is almost 7000 now and still can't find a lot of people agreeing with the poll..( no I didn't read all them)..make you wonder just who did they poll???

I linked to the poll in post #5.
They polled 2,311 Rep Dem Ind Men Wom Wht Blk Hisp people.
I can not explain it , but every time I see this ' Rep Dem Ind Men Wom Wht Blk Hisp ' it makes me laugh. There isn't any numbers on the poll site explaining the % of whites , blacks, Hispanics, men, women or what party they are registered as.

Chicago, Illinois
#13New Post! Jul 15, 2011 @ 07:34:50
@Junkyard_Jim Said

It is a flip-flop because less than a year ago another poll stated voters blamed Obama more than Bush. https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/august_2010/48_blame_obama_for_bad_economy_47_blame_bush Just another example of why polls don't matter very much. They are accurate only for those who find their message positive and want to believe it means something. The real poll will occur in November 2012.

Good point you make here! I care less about "polls" than I do about what our elected leaders are doing or not doing. America is IMO, making HUGE mistakes in it's continued division of our nation's, races, and it's political discourse in a very destructive way! How can we call America a "Christian Nation" when not only was the founding of this country WRONG, but in the FACT that not ALL Americans believe in God?

Chicago, Illinois
#14New Post! Jul 15, 2011 @ 07:41:53
@white_swan53 Said

Be careful. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/full_3ab16ef8a50da11be33c035129f2a18b.gif">
From personal experience I can say without a doubt that to compare Obama to an ordinary everyday Washington politician is to be asking for one or more Obama supporters to jump on the comparison like they have been personally insulted. it's comparable to waving a red flag in the face of an angry bull. IMO

I'am an Obama supporter.......and I have been more than unhappy and disappointed with him on more than one or two issues from him as president! But when I read or hear something from someone who cast a dark unfounded and FALSE claim about Obama, I simply ask for PROOF, FACTS to prove their claims! Nothing wrong with that!

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! Jul 15, 2011 @ 11:59:00
I was reading a thread in the politics forum that is from November 2010.
One of the posts mentions something about Obama winning a second term by default simply because the Republicans won't be able to produce a strong enough candidate to run against him .
That reminded me of this quote I found on the site that produced the poll that the article linked to in the Op is reporting on.

"The American people aren't very happy about their leaders, but President Barack Obama is viewed as the best of the worst,especially when it comes to the economy,"

Damn!
Have the American citizens become such sheep that we are voting for the ' best of the worst while telling our selves that is the way it should be?
Imagine the founding father spinning in their graves if they could see this country today ?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs