Victory is mine!

, Canada
#17New Post! Nov 30, 2006 @ 08:32:44
Interesting
perspicacious On November 28, 2014

?, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Nov 30, 2006 @ 11:30:30
@nine_days Said
It amuses me that this pathetic drivel is the best retort you could muster. Where is the grand defense of Christianity? Surely you can do better. Perhaps not.

It hardly needs a 'grand defense'

It amuses me that fools such as yourself rally round such halfwitted rubbish chanting 'I agree.'
MoshaFreak On May 02, 2016

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Nov 30, 2006 @ 11:35:50
@perspicacious Said
It hardly needs a 'grand defense'

It amuses me that fools such as yourself rally round such halfwitted rubbish chanting 'I agree.'

lol
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#20New Post! Nov 30, 2006 @ 11:44:01
I agree

Fundamentalists are c***s.

C'mon folks, Negudos me, you know you want to. But at least fess up this
time

?f***ing pieces of s*** conservatives. Nothing sickens me more.
sono_hito On November 09, 2007

Provo, Utah
#21New Post! Nov 30, 2006 @ 14:28:36
it pisses you off cause its so true.
matthemod On December 10, 2012

Banned

Gillingham, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Nov 30, 2006 @ 16:17:24
@perspicacious Said
Should be titled,

'Definition of a militant hater of religion.'

I don't hate religion

I don't hate christianity

I hate people who try and try and force their beliefs upon me and make out their way of life is better than mine.

such as....fundamentalist christians
saigio On February 05, 2007

Ellsworth, Maine
#23New Post! Dec 04, 2006 @ 15:16:46
Nice. I love it. Don't forget the vigorous hatred of anything that is not the majority.
deaven On December 22, 2006

midlandpark, New Jersey
#24New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 06:18:00
funny. catholics and some christians are hypocritical and sound like idiots
ghostboy On April 11, 2007

somewhere, nowhere, Australia
#25New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 12:14:53
i thought this was very amusing, but hardly representative of all christians.
matthemod On December 10, 2012

Banned

Gillingham, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 12:16:07
@ghostboy Said
i thought this was very amusing, but hardly representative of all christians.

never said it was, just those fundamentalist ones
ghostboy On April 11, 2007

somewhere, nowhere, Australia
#27New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 12:51:41
i guess the tone of the piece comes across that way to me. still, never mind. it was an amusing little diversion.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#28New Post! Jul 21, 2019 @ 07:17:49
Since I most always considered myself a fundamentalist:

10. I don't deny the existence of gods of other religions. Acts 17:23 gives a good strategy on how to acknowledge other religions and contrast them against Christian faith.

9. Humanity is imbued with greater purpose using the Genesis account as a template of origin vs the blind chance origin.

8. God has three centers of self-consciousness yet is one being in essence.

7. The grim stories of the bible underscore the seperateness of God from all creation. He is holy and holds all of life and death in his hands. To the OP, most always there is a choice to be made before some plague or slaughter. We would like to think that the we are better than death penalty or harsh judgement, but this is vanity. God does as he does and we cannot point fingers at him.

6. I don't spend much time thinking about Hindu life at all. I will say that the caste system is completely unnessary and am grateful to not be a part of that.

5. Scientists will say lots of things. Eat a Snickers and wait fifty years and they will contradict themselves. By my studies the bible says the earth is somewhere between 10 to 6 thousand years old. Sounds good. Oh noz, did I loose your respect on that or did I ever have your respect to begin with? Thanks.

4. Everyone goes to eternity to face their Creator after they die. The fact that even one person won't stand eternally condemned is the ony reason any of us can truly understand Grace and Mercy. The God of heaven and earth is slow to anger and would have none perish.

3. I spend very little time thinking about tongues and the act of Pentacost. I went to "youth group" back in the 80's in a Charasmatic Church. The family was loving and decent. That's all I'll say about that.

2. Prayer changes people. We don't pray enough as a society. God doesn't stay silent or unmoved when we pray but often moves in the way we wouldn't think. I should pray more admittedly.

1. "You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bibe, Christianity and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Two thoughts on that:

A) I disavow anyone on the web who say that they know me in truth and that they have a way to compare my knowledge base with theirs. None of you people are mind readers and none of you have crystal balls. That assertion is probaby the silliest deception of the online community of skeptics as it's just a flavor of gas-lighting and trolling (still alive and well on this very forum).

B) It's irrelevant. Your "superior knowledge" as an agnostic or atheist doesn't help. I will be judged by what I know and what I did with that. I'm in no contest with the wizards and geniuses among us who prank and troll the keepers of the faith.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#29New Post! Jul 21, 2019 @ 14:44:22
@matthemod Said

I got this in an e-mail thought i'd share it with all you nice people

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanised" when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Trinity god.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" - including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loop-holes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple of generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects -- will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to prove Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Whew! I'm safe!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#30New Post! Jul 21, 2019 @ 22:32:22
Another thread resurrected from the dead.

Pushing up daises for nearly 13 years...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs