Politics

Tasered man falls to death

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#1New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:27:18
A man has died after being tasered by police and falling off the side of a building.

The New York man had been reported to police after ranting and raving above what is believed to be his mother's apartment in Brooklyn.

He was armed with a large fluorescent light bulb and police were advised that he was "unwell".

On superior orders, one officer fired the taser at the man, causing him to freeze up and fall off the building.

The 35-year-old plunged to the ground and was taken to hospital, but died about three hours later.,"His body froze up and he fell face-first," said witness Sean Johnson.

An investigation is now underway.

A New York Police Department lieutenant was stripped of his gun and badge, and the officer who used the stun gun was put on desk duties, officials said.
https://www.streem.com.au/world/6599-tasered-man-falls-to-death

This link has a picture of Inman Morales
https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,428601,00.html

Whats the matter with this cop its common knowledge you tazer a person they drop to the ground is a large fluorescent light bulb that treatening that he had to kill this guy?
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:30:37
@perliaa Said
A man has died after being tasered by police and falling off the side of a building.

The New York man had been reported to police after ranting and raving above what is believed to be his mother's apartment in Brooklyn.

He was armed with a large fluorescent light bulb and police were advised that he was "unwell".

On superior orders, one officer fired the taser at the man, causing him to freeze up and fall off the building.

The 35-year-old plunged to the ground and was taken to hospital, but died about three hours later.,"His body froze up and he fell face-first," said witness Sean Johnson.

An investigation is now underway.

A New York Police Department lieutenant was stripped of his gun and badge, and the officer who used the stun gun was put on desk duties, officials said.
https://www.streem.com.au/world/6599-tasered-man-falls-to-death

Whats the matter with this cop its common knowledge you tazer a person they drop to the ground is a large fluorescent light bulb that treatening that he had to kill this guy?

He hardly killed this man on purpose.

It says that the officer who tasered him was ordered by a senior member of the police department.

Personally I think it's a sad accident but no more than an accident and to imply that they tasered him to kill him is completely irrational.

The office who did it is probably feeling immensely guilty but was doing as ordered.
lisajones On December 31, 2009

Woodbridge, Virginia
#3New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:34:43
I don't know. Why would you taser someone when they are that close to the edge of a roof ???
scarlettkat On June 13, 2020

, New Jersey
#4New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:36:47
I didn't follow the link to the story so correct me if I'm wrong. But think about it, if the police tazed him, then he was probably not very close to the edge of the building. Police do what they need to in order to keep the peace and well being of others. If this man was unruly enough to need to be tazed then it is not at all the police officers fault that he fell. Things happen and there's not always someone to blame. Accidents do happen.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#5New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:38:41
@lisajones Said
I don't know. Why would you taser someone when they are that close to the edge of a roof ???

You beat me to the question.
Say whaaa

#6New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:38:43
@scarlettkat Said
I didn't follow the link to the story so correct me if I'm wrong. But think about it, if the police tazed him, then he was probably not very close to the edge of the building. Police do what they need to in order to keep the peace and well being of others. If this man was unruly enough to need to be tazed then it is not at all the police officers fault that he fell. Things happen and there's not always someone to blame. Accidents do happen.

I agree, too much these days people are all on the lets blame the blood thirsty police wagon.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#7New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:39:57
jeez, idiots, you don't tazer people close to the side of a building.
i'm quite wary of people being a little too tazer happy, they are quite dangerous and should only be used if the situation merits it, or in my opinion just for defensive purposes.

though i'd like to add that we don't know the whole story and i'm glad there's an investigation underway.
so we shouldn't all jump to conclusions, thats silly.

Woodbridge, Virginia
#8New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:40:00
My understanding is that the shock of the taser drops someone immediately leaving them with no ability to move. So how would the man have fallen off the roof, if he wasn't near the edge of it?
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#9New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:49:08
I love it!

(Sarcasm)
Dude out of his mind on the edge of a roof. --- Not the guys fault.

Dude causing problems and swinging around a light bulb --- Not the guys fault

Dude disregards police instruction to remove himself from the roof-- Not the guys fault

Dude takes swings at cop with lightbulb -- Not the guys fault

Police are left with little they can do to resolve the situation and go with a non-lethal option, Idiot falls to his death. --- Totaly the police fault.

(Sarcasm off)

Its stupid crap like this that makes me hate the press and retards that point the finger at the cops for doing a job nobody else wants to.

I could never be a cop because almost everyone you come in contact with thinks your out to get them or give them a ticket. But when the s*** hits the fan, they are the first ones to call. When the situation is over, they judge how the police handled it.

Woodbridge, Virginia
#10New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:51:07
Unless the man jumped off the roof on his own power, someone is definitely at fault.
Say whaaa

#11New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:52:42
@lisajones Said
Unless the man jumped off the roof on his own power, someone is definitely at fault.

I disagree, it could have been misjudged as to how close he was or what way he'd fall etc.

Personally it's a tragic accident but if he hadn't been on the top of a roof swinging a light bulb around then it wouldn't have happened.
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#12New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:53:10
@lisajones Said

Doesn't anyone care why the man was on the roof? I think the act of falling off the roof should't be blamed on the people who didn't put him there.
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#13New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:53:51
@angelcake Said
I disagree, it could have been misjudged as to how close he was or what way he'd fall etc.

Personally it's a tragic accident but if he hadn't been on the top of a roof swinging a light bulb around then it wouldn't have happened.

OMG exactly! Kudo!

Woodbridge, Virginia
#14New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:54:57
The man was alive, but simply unwell = mentally ill ? Does that mean he deserved to die?
Say whaaa

#15New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 17:56:09
@lisajones Said
The man was alive, but simply unwell = mentally ill ? Does that mean he deserved to die?

No but he wasn't killed intentionally. It was an accident seemingly. Noone set out to kill the man.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs