Man Dies Outside Emergency Room After Hospital Tells Police Call 911

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#1New Post! Feb 12, 2011 @ 10:02:19
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The death of an Oregon man just feet from an emergency room has left his family in grief, upset police and drawn a request for an investigation from a congressman, all asking why an officer was told to call 911 for a heart attack victim just outside the hospital door.

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/12/man-dies-outside-emergency-room-hospital-tells-police/#ixzz1DjmftHuK
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 12, 2011 @ 11:59:37
He shouldnt have driven himself to hospital. He could have killed other people. If he had called an ambulance he would probably still be alive.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#3New Post! Feb 12, 2011 @ 12:00:51
He probably didn't have insurance.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 12, 2011 @ 12:02:49
@boxerdc Said

He probably didn't have insurance.

Yeah i guess he didnt call an ambulance because he was worried about the fee. Sad
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#5New Post! Feb 12, 2011 @ 14:20:32
That's such crap. A lot of people don't realize that they're having a heart attack and many of them drive themselves in. I get that they have protocal to follow for car accidents but somebody from the hospital should have been out there.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 12, 2011 @ 15:25:13
security officers equipped with a mobile defibrillator were dispatched, and a paramedic went outside to check on the situation.

Deleted

#7New Post! Feb 12, 2011 @ 15:56:15
Welcome to the best health care system in the ENTIRE WORLD!!!

</ end sarcasm >
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#8New Post! Feb 12, 2011 @ 16:07:42
Did anybody realize that he had crashed because of a heart attack?
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#9New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 04:46:04
@boxerdc Said

Welcome to the best health care system in the ENTIRE WORLD!!!

</ end sarcasm >

I thought you could have dome better than that Boxer.

This has nothing to do with HEALTH CARE, it has everything to do with LAWSUITS. If we can do something about frivolous law suits, our health care would be more than affordable and adequate.

I am curious of one thing. Was the an immigrant or illegal immigrant? Of course, all lives should be saved, but if we did something about the illegal immigrants and the frivolous lawsuits, we would still have the best affordable health care in the country.

Deleted

#10New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 07:57:47
I'm sorry to have to keep repeating myself rocket, but bulls***.

The amount of money that we spend on treating non citizens in emergency rooms is infinitesimal. The amount of money that we spend on treating the poor in emergency rooms, because they don't have health insurance and need to bring their children there when they have the sniffles is enormous.

Get everyone insured, and people will take their kids to a doctors office rather than an emergency room for minor problems, and the costs will drop like a rock.
fun2bme On February 16, 2011

St Joseph, Michigan
#11New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 21:26:44
@boxerdc Said

I'm sorry to have to keep repeating myself rocket, but bulls***.

The amount of money that we spend on treating non citizens in emergency rooms is infinitesimal. The amount of money that we spend on treating the poor in emergency rooms, because they don't have health insurance and need to bring their children there when they have the sniffles is enormous.

Get everyone insured, and people will take their kids to a doctors office rather than an emergency room for minor problems, and the costs will drop like a rock.

you are missing the fact that the reason most poor people don't have doctors to go too is that medicare makes such a botch job of paying for services rendered. Nobody wants to open offices where poor people need them. If existing services offered proper compensation there would be clinics and offices where the poor need them and costs would plummet. The reasons hospitals have to charge regular payers so much is to cover the actual costs of the poor that medicare doesn't cover or pay for.
The core of the problem is the gov't bureaucracy that promises everything and delivers on very little
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#12New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 21:30:36
@fun2bme Said

you are missing the fact that the reason most poor people don't have doctors to go too is that medicare makes such a botch job of paying for services rendered. Nobody wants to open offices where poor people need them. If existing services offered proper compensation there would be clinics and offices where the poor need them and costs would plummet. The reasons hospitals have to charge regular payers so much is to cover the actual costs of the poor that medicare doesn't cover or pay for.
The core of the problem is the gov't bureaucracy that promises everything and delivers on very little

Though what you say is probably true, I think perhaps boxer might have been aiming at those who make too much to be on medicare but not enough to actually afford insurance.

So every little bit of preventative care would have to be paid for out-of-pocket. Since you'd have to pay for every little thing, you ignore it. Then, all of a sudden, something happens that you cannot ignore (heart attack, stroke, cancer) and you have massive treatment with a huge bill that might have been avoided, had you been having a regular annual exam.
noseycow On September 03, 2015
x dippy madam x

\"proud blackcountry wench\",
#13New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 21:35:28
you have to worry about calling an ambulance although so many people abuse the service over here, thats so sad thoughx
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#14New Post! Feb 14, 2011 @ 22:30:46
@raditz Said

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The death of an Oregon man just feet from an emergency room has left his family in grief, upset police and drawn a request for an investigation from a congressman, all asking why an officer was told to call 911 for a heart attack victim just outside the hospital door.

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/12/man-dies-outside-emergency-room-hospital-tells-police/#ixzz1DjmftHuK

Quote:
125 feet from the emergency room entrance.

Quote:
a third officer went to ask for assistance, and they were told they had to wait until an ambulance arrived,"

Quote:
officers did not receive any medical assistance and were left to fend for themselves until the ambulance arrived

wait to be moved 125 feet?????????
total bulls***.
the emergency people could have brought out help.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#15New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 02:58:30
My personal experience has taught me that sometimes it does not matter if you have tax paid medicare and insurance on top of it to cover the extras. Sometimes doctors make poor decisions, sometimes hospitals have poor policies that can harm patients in some cases.

Its quite sad and while these people are after all people, they ought to know certain things are in deed life or death. They are trained to think on the spot, when they have had little sleep etc. Their poor decisions and/or policies can kill patients and insurance or not cant fix that.

Maybe they will get some money, maybe he had life insurance that pays out more in the event of this type of death but it won't bring him back, won't heal their heart and souls and will not help them one bit to get over what happened.

My cousins husband is a doctor in America and maybe he was bulls***ting me but many, many years ago he told me that it was the hospital policy that no one doctor could go out and attend to a patient, they had to make it inside the doors, no matter what. I am not sure if he was teasing or this is true but it is jaw dropping to hear it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs