Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#16New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 04:47:04
@fun2bme Said

you are missing the fact that the reason most poor people don't have doctors to go too is that medicare makes such a botch job of paying for services rendered. Nobody wants to open offices where poor people need them. If existing services offered proper compensation there would be clinics and offices where the poor need them and costs would plummet. The reasons hospitals have to charge regular payers so much is to cover the actual costs of the poor that medicare doesn't cover or pay for.
The core of the problem is the gov't bureaucracy that promises everything and delivers on very little

Nah!!!! try again.
Read these first though.
https://www.slate.com/id/2199645/
https://blog.healia.com/00247/top-10-reasons-emergency-room-visits-among-females-15-and-older
fun2bme On February 16, 2011

St Joseph, Michigan
#17New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 19:29:31
@shinobinoz Said

Nah!!!! try again.
Read these first though.
https://www.slate.com/id/2199645/
https://blog.healia.com/00247/top-10-reasons-emergency-room-visits-among-females-15-and-older

so condescending
I'd forgotten how lovely it is to talk to my betters
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#18New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 19:37:38
I'll point out that, while this is indeed disturbing, hospital nurses and even ER doctors probably have exactly zero experience extricating injured people from crashed cars. The officers are in reality probably better trained for that sort of thing than anyone working at the hospital.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#19New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 19:39:50
@chisa96 Said

That's such crap. A lot of people don't realize that they're having a heart attack and many of them drive themselves in. I get that they have protocal to follow for car accidents but somebody from the hospital should have been out there.

This is true...Over the past three years, a lot of people have come into work "not feeling" well, but never hiking its something serious like a heart attack.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#20New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 19:43:42
@jonnythan Said

I'll point out that, while this is indeed disturbing, hospital nurses and even ER doctors probably have exactly zero experience extricating injured people from crashed cars. The officers are in reality probably better trained for that sort of thing than anyone working at the hospital.

He had to be already out if they were doing cpr. My only question is whether they knew about the cardiac aspect of it at all. I can't imagine nobody going out for a heart attack unless all they heard was a car accident.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#21New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 19:50:48
@jonnythan Said

@chisa96 Said

He had to be already out if they were doing cpr. My only question is whether they knew about the cardiac aspect of it at all. I can't imagine nobody going out for a heart attack unless all they heard was a car accident.

It does say in the article:
Quote:
"With an automobile accident you don't know if the patient needs to be extricated or transported," Leach said Friday. "There are protocols in place to ensure the right thing is done for the right patient at the right time."

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/12/man-dies-outside-emergency-room-hospital-tells-police/#ixzz1E3hqsFLq

But, if an officer from the hospital has already seen the scene and the victim and already knows that there's no extrication needed...who is at fault?

Did the officer say "No seriously, he's right here he just needs to be wheeled into the hospital"? Or did the hospital staff just say "Nope, this is protocol and we can't do anything differently."

It really is sad.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#22New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 19:55:30
@someone_else Said

It does say in the article:

But, if an officer from the hospital has already seen the scene and the victim and already knows that there's no extrication needed...who is at fault?

Did the officer say "No seriously, he's right here he just needs to be wheeled into the hospital"? Or did the hospital staff just say "Nope, this is protocol and we can't do anything differently."

It really is sad.

If it was that critical why didn't the officers bring him in themselves?
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#23New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 20:00:45
Whatever the case, what a s***ty deal.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#24New Post! Feb 15, 2011 @ 20:01:43
@jonnythan Said

If it was that critical why didn't the officers bring him in themselves?

Another good point. I'd have to re-read the article to see if they actually interviewed the officer and the staff member (both from the hospital) or if they only talked to spokespeople.

Three officers were sent out, two started CPR and the third was sent to get help. Someone said that paramedics were sent out, but they never got there.

I guess we'll find out after they do their investigation.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#25New Post! Feb 16, 2011 @ 03:11:04
@fun2bme Said

so condescending
I'd forgotten how lovely it is to talk to my betters

Glad to oblige!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply