Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Standing over your shoulder!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#1New Post! Feb 28, 2006 @ 22:34:06
I absolutely hate when people stand over your shoulder as you're typing things on the computer!

A little while ago, I was sending out some emails, IMing a few people, posting here, and my mom comes over and says, "I'd like to get on for a bit." So I say, "Okay, just give me one second." She then proceeds to stand over my shoulder and look at the screen It really bugged me! I can't stand it! I know she trusts me and knows I'm not doing anything bad online, but geez! I'm talking to a bunch of people, and although the conversations aren't really anything too big, I'd like some privacy!

It really pissed me off

Instead of finishing up my conversations with people, I just minimized everything and switched users to her desktop. And I think that made Stew crazy because he started to call me all these weird names!

Stew: thiongs have changed since youve been gone
Annie: oh?
Stew: im not the young vunerable woman i used to be, u cant just use me again andrew! not like last time! i wont be ure plaything!
Annie: ........woah
Stew: yea!
Stew: so
Stew: u know
Stew: im goin
Stew: were through1
Annie:
Annie: im sorry!
Stew: its too late for sorries chuck!
Annie:
Annie: im andrew!
Annie: not chuck!
Stew: i know ian!
Annie:
Stew: i know its hard Tom but please say something mike
Annie:
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#2New Post! Feb 28, 2006 @ 22:37:14
My cousin does that to me all of the time.
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#3New Post! Feb 28, 2006 @ 22:37:23
My mom's like that too when she wants on the computer, I don't like people being freakishly close to me, and she always does that when I'm on the computer. I hate it.
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#4New Post! Feb 28, 2006 @ 22:37:59
lmao, i hate it too. my brothers always stand there and watch me waiting for me to get off so they can use it. it drives me insane, oh and at school i hated it when the teachers would walk around the room and then stand behind you looking over your shoulder to look at your work and watch you work, that would annoy the s*** out of me because i cant work with people watching me like that
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#5New Post! Feb 28, 2006 @ 22:39:36
@garfunkel Said
lmao, i hate it too. my brothers always stand there and watch me waiting for me to get off so they can use it. it drives me insane, oh and at school i hated it when the teachers would walk around the room and then stand behind you looking over your shoulder to look at your work and watch you work, that would annoy the s*** out of me because i cant work with people watching me like that

Ahhh, my teachers would always be like that, it made me crazy!!
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Feb 28, 2006 @ 22:41:56
Yeah I hate when teachers do that too It really makes me nervous!

And I get really paranoid when I'm using a computer at school and I don't know the person next to me and I'm typing an email or something. I don't want them reading it! And I always worry that someone is behind me reading over my shoulder.
glitter_sniffer On August 25, 2015
Om nom nom

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 28, 2006 @ 22:57:10
My mother does that.
And it's horrible when I'm IM-ing Gareth my boyfriend, she always wants to see what we talk about...
She totally doesn't trust me!
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#8New Post! Mar 01, 2006 @ 03:49:05
My daughters are bad about that, they'll be sitting beside me and I won't even know they are reading and then all of a sudden they'll say what does that mean or some s*** like that and I'm like get the hell away from my computer screen, I love you but you have the computer while I'm at work so it's my time . I hate it , I hate it.
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#9New Post! Mar 01, 2006 @ 03:49:55
i miss stew!!
unidentifiedangel On September 09, 2009

Quezon City, Philippines
#10New Post! Mar 18, 2006 @ 14:51:15
I really hate it when that happens.. My parents are big offenders of that! My mum just walks by and stops and asks me who I'm chatting with.. One time she put her face near to the screen while I was reading a fan fiction which drove me INSANE!

As for my dad, when he asks me to do something for him on the internet he likes to watch me do it but it gets very uncomfortable since he's staring so intently and I cant chat with ANYONE or do other stuff while waiting for the pictures to upload or anything.

I feel like it's a total breach of privacy when people look at the screen just to see what you're doing on the internet. I know parents just want to know what their kids are up to but there are better ways than hovering over their shoulders while they're using it!
bpcsima On July 23, 2007

where you cant find me hah, Ir
#11New Post! Mar 18, 2006 @ 14:53:50
M y brother is doing that right now Grrrr and he wont go away .......Now hes gone
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs