Politics

Should we pay for political parties??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! Jul 14, 2006 @ 11:17:29
In the news with political parties getting rich men to pay for peerages and all the cloak and dagger stuff that s going on, should we pay for these parties out of our taxes to stop corruption?

Thus, the parties are on a par finacially, and have to use the abilities as politicians to win elections..

Personaly I tink there accounts should be made public.. and every time a Lord is put in to the house they need to explain how they got in there.. Make it very public..
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#2New Post! Jul 14, 2006 @ 11:20:04
I agree Mark. Cut the private money out of politics and see what decisions the politicians make when they aren't having to please their bank rollers.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 14, 2006 @ 11:20:06
I have said for a very long time, those accounts should be made public. Every other company or organisation in Britian has to be audited and published.

Why not the government???
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#4New Post! Jul 14, 2006 @ 11:21:48
I know in Ireland these figures have been freely available for a long time.

Come on Tony. Get your finger out.
innit!

#5New Post! Jul 14, 2006 @ 11:32:33
If the government has been fiddleing the fingers.. i think labour wont see a term for some time..

But do we want to see David "hug a hoddy" cameron running the show??
tiniwiel_saz On November 06, 2007

Deleted

the Black Country, United King
#6New Post! Jul 14, 2006 @ 11:57:30
There is nothing wrong with parties having their own private donors and usually the party does make it known where their funds come from. However the problem with the Labour party is that they have been rewarding their donors with peerages and to make it worse they are still in debt to the sum of ?14m.

I am not really that surprised that it is happening though because the House of Lords as it stands at the moment is mainly Tory and therefore Blair wants to appoint his own cronies. Ever since Blair overhauled the old system and set up a house of appointed Lords this type of scandal has been waiting to be discovered.

Also is it really that surprising that this has happened to one of the most destructive governments in Britain's history.

also on the thing about cameron the hoodie thing has got way out of hand and he did not say hug a hoodie, he said we should look at the problems causing the youth to hide behind hoodies. i would prefer the tories to labour anytime at least their scandals were expected and they did the honorable thing and resigned when it was broken.
innit!

#7New Post! Jul 14, 2006 @ 12:07:55
@tiniwiel_saz Said
There is nothing wrong with parties having their own private donors and usually the party does make it known where their funds come from. However the problem with the Labour party is that they have been rewarding their donors with peerages and to make it worse they are still in debt to the sum of ?14m.

I am not really that surprised that it is happening though because the House of Lords as it stands at the moment is mainly Tory and therefore Blair wants to appoint his own cronies. Ever since Blair overhauled the old system and set up a house of appointed Lords this type of scandal has been waiting to be discovered.

Also is it really that surprising that this has happened to one of the most destructive governments in Britain's history.

also on the thing about cameron the hoodie thing has got way out of hand and he did not say hug a hoodie, he said we should look at the problems causing the youth to hide behind hoodies. i would prefer the tories to labour anytime at least their scandals were expected and they did the honorable thing and resigned when it was broken.

Im sorry but the tories are as bad if not worse than labour.. there way too close in way of thinking.. and if got in to power i feel the change will be very neglegable..

But in saying that the tories will bring one good thing.. tony blair is out...

Me personally im looking for less arse kissing the US and more on what our government departments are doind IE the NHS.

The peerages for cash, IMO is a scandal of al scandals. and there party income must and should be made public.. How do we know that these loans are not made in exchange for turning a blind eye to something illegal..

so we really should look into support our parties throw our tax.
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#8New Post! Jul 14, 2006 @ 13:08:15
i dnto wanbt to have toi pya more lmoney
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs