The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Should the US Supreme Court be more diverse?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#31New Post! May 21, 2010 @ 03:52:35
@SparklyKatie Said

Why are they the best though?

Because of the professors and resources.
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#32New Post! May 21, 2010 @ 03:53:40
@raditz Said

Name calling isn't nice, and it's against the TOS.

But you know you are. It's so easy to see.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#33New Post! May 21, 2010 @ 03:58:44
@Hazuki0chan Said

But you know you are. It's so easy to see.

And hows that? Because I think there should actually be something more substantial to someone's employment than the color of their skin? Or do you think that is all that minorities have to offer?
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#34New Post! May 21, 2010 @ 04:03:49
@raditz Said

And hows that? Because I think there should actually be something more substantial to someone's employment than the color of their skin? Or do you think that is all that minorities have to offer?

No, because I've noticed your posts in not just this thread, but many others that usually tend to have some racist connotation to them. Race doesn't matter to me, but when it comes to a already so diverse country, it's government should be equally as diverse. Unless white old men have no racial bias whatsoever, a little more diversity in the Supreme Court couldn't hurt. But even among the diverse, protocol should still be followed.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#35New Post! May 21, 2010 @ 22:12:24
@Spinkiegirl Said

NO I do not! I look at who's been leading this country from the start! I look at who's been representing me and what I want and need! And yes, I will again go right back to some founders of this country who didn't care nor give a dam about what they were setting fourth for this nation! The evil mistakes they allowed by making a pack with the devil himself led to all kinds of disgusting evils that are still with us today! Allowing their so called morals to be compromised at the hands of innocent human beings! And for what? No, some of those founders you hold so dear did that! I don't....and I sure as hell didn't! I'am on the right side of history!

You know, you keep saying that, and I often wonder. What exactly IS the "right side of history?" I've studied history for quite a while now, and I got to say it can be quite hard to say who's right and who's wrong, even in cases where you'd think such a judgment would be easy to make.
MissOklahoma On June 04, 2010

Deleted

guymon, Oklahoma
#36New Post! May 21, 2010 @ 22:12:52
heck no!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#37New Post! May 22, 2010 @ 01:14:46
@raditz Said

The SC judges aren't elected.

Nice pick & smooze editing raditz. You intentionally left off "and others who serve" because it didn't fit your premise or because you missed it?
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#38New Post! May 22, 2010 @ 08:58:03
@Hazuki0chan Said

The answer to the question.

"Should the US Supreme Court be more diverse?"

I answered yes.

Oh, and of course yes for mine as well! Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
#39New Post! May 22, 2010 @ 09:14:44
@raditz Said

With all do respect here, I would think that a lot of Americans feel that substantial qualifications for a job is far more important than skin color! Sometimes you come across as if you don't see or know that some non-whites in this country, have had very good education, and have MANY things to offer! Are you kidding me? That was such an unfair thing you just said....let me ask you something if I may.....do you know any non-whites personally? And can you name any non-whites who have had great successes? What do you honestly feel about non-whites?

Chicago, Illinois
#40New Post! May 22, 2010 @ 09:33:26
@Hazuki0chan Said

No, because I've noticed your posts in not just this thread, but many others that usually tend to have some racist connotation to them. Race doesn't matter to me, but when it comes to a already so diverse country, it's government should be equally as diverse. Unless white old men have no racial bias whatsoever, a little more diversity in the Supreme Court couldn't hurt. But even among the diverse, protocol should still be followed.

Kudos, and that is exactly what I was saying! America is diverse, and becoming more and more......and that is why there should be qualified diversity in our judges and leaders! What's so hard for some people to UNDERSTAND this?

Chicago, Illinois
#41New Post! May 22, 2010 @ 10:51:33
@crazylikeafox Said

You know, you keep saying that, and I often wonder. What exactly IS the "right side of history?" I've studied history for quite a while now, and I got to say it can be quite hard to say who's right and who's wrong, even in cases where you'd think such a judgment would be easy to make.

Well, I must say, I didn't like history classes at all. Now I wish I had payed more attention! What I mean is, whenever there's times when i'am discussing or reading about events of the world's past and present mistakes.......especially that here in this country, and knowing that ALL humans feel physical pain....and when I hear some defense of some of the founders and even today when so many humans are victims of people selling or keeping girls in the sex trade...or folks who keep saying they want to keep the values and principles of the constitution, well IMO....that's the wrong side of history in my eyes! When you hold in your heart and practice evil in the name of politics or religion then when our past history is told, IMO, it's those who follow making man better not worst who is on the right side! Example....slave owners....of any race, did evil.....intentionally causing harm to another human......is wrong, so don't do it! Getting sleeping here.....and i'am sure that you feel different than I do. But let me tell this.....I have no desire or right to say what is and what isn't the idea of right and wrong to someone else. I know one can grow up and being taught that slavery was ok.......but I think if that's all you know from what you were taught and lived.....then somewhere in your soul, you would have to feel at some point....causing pain to another, can't be good!
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#42New Post! May 22, 2010 @ 19:17:18
@Spinkiegirl Said

do know any not-whites personally?

Yup.
Quote:
And can you name any non-whites who have had great successes?

Nope, but off the top of my head, the only white guy I can think of as successful is Bill Gates.

Quote:
What do you honestly feel about non-whites?

Same I do about whites, nothing. Don't care.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#43New Post! May 23, 2010 @ 04:33:03
@Spinkiegirl Said

Well, I must say, I didn't like history classes at all. Now I wish I had payed more attention! What I mean is, whenever there's times when i'am discussing or reading about events of the world's past and present mistakes.......especially that here in this country, and knowing that ALL humans feel physical pain....and when I hear some defense of some of the founders and even today when so many humans are victims of people selling or keeping girls in the sex trade...or folks who keep saying they want to keep the values and principles of the constitution, well IMO....that's the wrong side of history in my eyes! When you hold in your heart and practice evil in the name of politics or religion then when our past history is told, IMO, it's those who follow making man better not worst who is on the right side! Example....slave owners....of any race, did evil.....intentionally causing harm to another human......is wrong, so don't do it! Getting sleeping here.....and i'am sure that you feel different than I do. But let me tell this.....I have no desire or right to say what is and what isn't the idea of right and wrong to someone else. I know one can grow up and being taught that slavery was ok.......but I think if that's all you know from what you were taught and lived.....then somewhere in your soul, you would have to feel at some point....causing pain to another, can't be good!

OK, well that's the 1770's and 1780's (and completely ignores the founders from the North, most of whom never even MET a slave let alone owned 1, but that's beside the point). Do you have anything a little more current? You use that phrase for modern people, which is why I wonder what you mean by the "right side" of history.

Chicago, Illinois
#44New Post! May 23, 2010 @ 05:54:58
@crazylikeafox Said

OK, well that's the 1770's and 1780's (and completely ignores the founders from the North, most of whom never even MET a slave let alone owned 1, but that's beside the point). Do you have anything a little more current? You use that phrase for modern people, which is why I wonder what you mean by the "right side" of history.

Well, take someone like a former book store owner. In 1948, he believed that blacks were not smart as whites. He believed that if he allowed blacks in his book store, they would probably steal books instead of buy them. He believed since blacks weren't that smart, why would they come in a book store, books are for whites who know how to read. So he lived his life this way, refusing blacks the opportunity to buy books to read and gain knowledge. This man is what I call being on the "wrong side of history." No matter how much he believed in his views about blacks, we KNOW, his beliefs were NOT based on FACTS! Why in the world, would any decent person, refuse to help another seeking knowledge? Beats me!
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#45New Post! May 24, 2010 @ 23:50:54
I don't think whether a candidate makes the court more or less diverse should be used as any sort of determining factor in one candidate over another. The goal is for justice to be blind. With only 9 members its impossible to get a good overall representation of America anyway.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs