"heretics" of today, must suffer in a silence created by the present
Inquisitors whose "body politic", consists of non-believers and
leaders (of believers) who differ in how their followers are to live
the life of their faith.
It is obvious from the above that the same objective is being
achieved today as was that of the past Inquisition. Namely -
maintaining the "ignorance" of the "similarities" of all of the
religions of the believers of today AND the tolerance they had, just
a short time ago (before the S.C. decision) of any minor differences.

WASH
your turn to comment
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#2New Post! Dec 20, 2008 @ 20:55:47
I don't see how hard it is for people to grasp the simple suggestion by BJ Franklin that we should keep the afairs of church seperate from state.

It its a state funded program, religion should have no place in it.

If its a church funded program.. the state should have not place in it.

If you want to teach your children about religion you have the freedome to send them to whatever school you want. Infact if you can't find a school you like you are FREE to teach them any way you please, so long as they finish the standards test.

Its all very clear to me, not sure what this has to do with the inquisition. In the inquisition time, people where not free to choose. The diffrence here is choice and the enforcement of that choice.

simple.
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#3New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 05:27:15
It its a state funded program, religion should have no place in it.

Its all very clear to me, not sure what this has to do with the inquisition. In the inquisition time, people where not free to choose. The diffrence here is choice and the enforcement of that choice.

simple.

is it not reasonable for the majotity to decide the program they want their children to learn? You know --> choice? So you want the minority to choose for you? or --> a non-violent majority?
Edited: December 24, 2008 @ 05:34
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#4New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 08:51:33
In Australia, most people are okay about their children learning about religion at state schools- at least at primary school level. I was.

There have been a few couples of late here on the news who insisted they didn't want their young children learning anything about religion at the state school they attended. I'm not sure what arrangements were made to accommodate these 2 kids at the moment.

In at least some areas of Australia (Victoria) there are plans to include options for humanistic classes - which will basically teach that there is no proof of God or the religions that go with it, and that people should determine their own life and behaviour.

Some Australian religious groups are not happy about this, particularly because the athiests who support it want to do so in the time allotted to religious teachings. Given the atheistical viewpoint is not a religious one, it's felt they aren't entitled to this teaching time - or the funding that will go with it.

I must say it chills my bones a little that 8 year olds will be taught in primary school that there may be no such thing as God. When did we go and get so cynical? And what's next? Teaching them there's no Santa Claus? I just don't see the harm in it, but given I am not an athiest, I guess I wouldn't.

The link to further info is below, for those interested.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/religion-in-schools-to-go-godfree-20081213-6xxs.html?page=-1
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#5New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 16:11:14
@WASH Said

is it not reasonable for the majotity to decide the program they want their children to learn? You know --> choice? So you want the minority to choose for you? or --> a non-violent majority?

In our country the majority attempts to not infringe on the personal rights of the individual or the minority.

Though there are some instances it does, it doesn't make them right.

Face it, Christians are the minority now in the country. That being said, Christians have the right to raise thier own children with whatever dogma they so choose. But when it affects my children, keep it out of mandatory state funded schools.
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#6New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 17:04:18
Just a note? wherever there is no religious strenght evident in a country today1 there is an authority which denies freedom to its people. Just observe the nations of our world. wighout the balance of a non.violent religious force there is evidence of chaos!
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#7New Post! Dec 24, 2008 @ 17:58:16
@WASH Said

Just a note? wherever there is no religious strenght evident in a country today1 there is an authority which denies freedom to its people. Just observe the nations of our world. wighout the balance of a non.violent religious force there is evidence of chaos!

I think those countries that your speaking of have a larger amount of violent religions and thats why they have increased chaos.

I don't think its the lack of religion in gerneal that brings chaos, perhaps its religion itself. Since there are no nations with 0 religion right now, we have nothing to compair.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs