AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#16New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 04:48:58
@DorkySupergirl Said

Is he the guy I saw on CNN that passed some bill about immigrants now can be asked at random to show their papers? Is he the guy who this other guy came out and said he was gay and they had an affair and the guy he had the affair with was an illegal and when they broke up, he made threats to have him deported?

I am not making this up, I remember this from CNN but am not sure if this is the guy or not.

You are thinking of Paul Babeu, which is the sheriff of the next county over, Pinal.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#17New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 04:59:38
@DiscordTiger Said

You are thinking of Paul Babeu, which is the sheriff of the next county over, Pinal.

You are the only one on TFS who understands my alcohol induced ramblings.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#18New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 05:08:41
@DorkySupergirl Said

You are the only one on TFS who understands my alcohol induced ramblings.

Camel Rock!

, Canada
#19New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 05:11:10
@DiscordTiger Said

Camel Rock!

We can't do that in Arizona, I am too tanned, they would want to see my papers.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#20New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 05:15:27
@DorkySupergirl Said

We can't do that in Arizona, I am too tanned, they would want to see my papers.

f*** no, Camel Rock, is in NM.
and I don't have a passport, I probably shouldn't go into Arizona either. Actually, I have been harassed every time I have gone into AZ, it's not been a good experience.

, Canada
#21New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 05:18:40
@DiscordTiger Said

f*** no, Camel Rock, is in NM.
and I don't have a passport, I probably shouldn't go into Arizona either. Actually, I have been harassed every time I have gone into AZ, it's not been a good experience.

You need a passport to go from NM to AZ?

AZ could not handle us anyways so Camel Rock it is! We're too school for cool!
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#22New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 05:31:55
@DorkySupergirl Said

You need a passport to go from NM to AZ?

AZ could not handle us anyways so Camel Rock it is! We're too school for cool!

I would have needed it if that show your papers law passed and was strictly enforced. It was written to exclude NM drivers license as proof of citizenship. My Social Security card would not of counted as it wasn't photo ID, so to be absolutely safe I would have needed a US passport. I am natural born citizen, and my family have been citizens, pretty much since the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo.

, Canada
#23New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 05:37:03
@DiscordTiger Said

I would have needed it if that show your papers law passed and was strictly enforced. It was written to exclude NM drivers license as proof of citizenship. My Social Security card would not of counted as it wasn't photo ID, so to be absolutely safe I would have needed a US passport. I am natural born citizen, and my family have been citizens, pretty much since the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo.

I get wanting to crack down on illegals but not as expense of those who are here legally and making those types of problems. So they just arrest you if you do not have passport because one appears to be an immigrant based on their looks? WTF. Maybe I am not understanding it right but that is how it appears to me.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#24New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 05:54:57
@DorkySupergirl Said

I get wanting to crack down on illegals but not as expense of those who are here legally and making those types of problems. So they just arrest you if you do not have passport because one appears to be an immigrant based on their looks? WTF. Maybe I am not understanding it right but that is how it appears to me.

Yes, this pretty much why the law was challenged in court.
No you can't tell citizenship just by looking, or even listening to people. It's not wrong to check citizenship once a person is arrested and being processed into jail. That is a different thing than providing proof to an officer on the spot.

Sad, because there were good parts of that law, like going after people hiring illegals. It just had really bad parts.

Which getting back to the OP, Joe may have good intentions to go after illegals, but he does it in the most deplorable ways.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#25New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 09:57:03
@DiscordTiger Said

And HB 1070 which was passed by the Legislature.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#26New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 17:52:14
@Spinkiegirl Said

It would be nice if we could find out how many others out there in our law enforcement are just like this guy!!!

Yeah, and give 'em a raise, like Sheriff Paul (Babeu). Whup, but then you'd have criticize a homosexual. "Oh my dear, dear, dear, whatevershallI DO!?

I don't know, mebbe walk down the street there in Chicago to the Democrat National HQ for Misrepresentational Talking Points. But I'm certain that they'd just tell you to shut up about it--advice which you should have followed before you made your first post here.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#27New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 19:26:57
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Yeah, and give 'em a raise, like Sheriff Paul (Babeu). Whup, but then you'd have criticize a homosexual. "Oh my dear, dear, dear, whatevershallI DO!?

I don't know, mebbe walk down the street there in Chicago to the Democrat National HQ for Misrepresentational Talking Points. But I'm certain that they'd just tell you to shut up about it--advice which you should have followed before you made your first post here.

I'll give them "raise" alright... No, make that two.. I'll walk down ANY street I want, ANYWHERE I want!!
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#29New Post! May 19, 2012 @ 19:47:24
@Spinkiegirl Said

I'll give them "raise" alright... No, make that two.. I'll walk down ANY street I want, ANYWHERE I want!!

Of course you will. Only let me pick the streets and cities.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs