The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Q & A

Joe Arpaio sheriff of Maricopa county Az, Would you vote for him?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Mar 26, 2011 @ 17:43:18
I received an email titled Go Joe Go or something like that , snopes.com says it originated from an article from 2002 .
Anyway, out of sheer boredom I started researching him . I had heard about his making the inmates wear pink underwear and use pink towels , and about the the chain gangs and the tent prisons etc... basically all the 'high lights' of his long running career as sheriff of Maricopa county .
But since he has always sounded like he was better at blowing his own horn and patting his self on the back I have never really bothered to learn much about him and his career.
Well , let me say this. That man is one evil SOB and his 'deputies' are all as bad .
What little has been proven is horrible enough . And if only a third o what is rumored is true then that makes him one of the most vile criminals of all time. And by rumored I mean it's been covered up and refused the light of day. There is something like 5000 law suites tha are pending against him . He has lost several that the county has had to foot the bill on . One law suit where $635,000 dollars was awarded to the plaintiff , Arpaio was held personally liable for thirty-five percent of the judgment.
It seems that anyone with any handicap or medical issues should fear for their lives if arrested in his county.
There was a wheelchair-bound paraplegic man arrested for disturbing the peace in a bar , he was so badly treated while incarcerated that he is now a quadriplegic . and the list is a long and sickening read about people left to suffer day without medical treatment after being 'restrained' by deputies while being held in jail for minor offences .the list of deaths may not be as long but it is just as sickening an horrible to read.
And then there are the millions of dollars that are unaccounted for and the sheriff refuses to allow any audits to be done .
Here's some links . Make sure to read though the blog on this site.
I'll warn you here , be prepared for some sickening reading .

https://www.joesgottogo.com/index.html

https://www.arpaio.com/index.php
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Mar 26, 2011 @ 18:18:57
No.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Mar 30, 2011 @ 00:50:52
@DiscordTiger Said