The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Sen. Burris Takes His Rightful Senate Seat!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Jan 15, 2009 @ 23:42:14
https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090115/ap_on_go_co/senate_burris Yey....we have a new face in the Ill. senate today.......Burris who under intense presure, was told he wouldn't be seated because of that a** of a gov. blogovich......Burris has the qualfcations and a clean record....not ALL our politicans here are dishonest....just most of them.....and of course....now we have one black senator in the U.S. senate......i'am so proud of you Burris....don't let us down!!!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#2New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 00:02:51
lol, Burris has quite the personality...
l_teddy10 On January 27, 2022

Detroit, Michigan
#3New Post! Jan 16, 2009 @ 02:09:45
Is he the one who won the auction? lol
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#4New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 05:25:57
What auction?

EDIT: Never mind.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#5New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 05:29:46
this is bulls***. I mean everyone of the dems in senate said they would not accept him. Also it is just encouraging rod to do whatever the f*** he wants even though he is obviously corrupt.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#6New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 05:35:58
Did he actually pay?

Detroit, Michigan
#7New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 05:38:18
@cGobla Said

this is bulls***. I mean everyone of the dems in senate said they would not accept him. Also it is just encouraging rod to do whatever the f*** he wants even though he is obviously corrupt.

Almost all of them are corrupt.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#8New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 05:42:39
@l_teddy10 Said

Almost all of them are corrupt.

I am just talking about blagojevich and his appointment of the seat. the Senate told him he couldn't appoint it, his own state government told him he couldn't do it, the investigation broke into the open cause they were afraid he was about to appoint it, but he did it anyway. and now the same people who said that they would not accept any appointment by him including burris are welcoming him with open arms. It is disgusting, have some f***ing balls and stand behind what you said you would do and not allow the guy to be seated.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#9New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 05:42:58
@Asme251 Said

Did he actually pay?

Pay what?
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#10New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 05:52:18
For the senate seat?
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#11New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 05:55:29
@Asme251 Said

For the senate seat?

who knows. I doubt it cause it is so scrutinized, but it seems as if he did and it seems as if the senate was paid off cause they are all accepting it. It is a matter of integrity and image and the senate is really f***ing this one up.

This is just f***ing ridiculas, I mean you don't let someone who is convicted of child abuse and have tapes of it let them take care of the same child they just abused.

Chicago, Illinois
#12New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 06:36:20
@cGobla Said

I am just talking about blagojevich and his appointment of the seat. the Senate told him he couldn't appoint it, his own state government told him he couldn't do it, the investigation broke into the open cause they were afraid he was about to appoint it, but he did it anyway. and now the same people who said that they would not accept any appointment by him including burris are welcoming him with open arms. It is disgusting, have some f***ing balls and stand behind what you said you would do and not allow the guy to be seated.

Why are you saying that Sen. Burris shouldn't have taking the seat he was offered? He did nothing wrong......and just because the gov. is no good and dishonest, doesn't mean Burris is....in fact, he has a clean record.....and the dems would have had a hell of a fight on their hands if they didn't let him take his rightful place has appointed to him.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#13New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 06:56:54
@Spinkiegirl Said

Why are you saying that Sen. Burris shouldn't have taking the seat he was offered? He did nothing wrong......and just because the gov. is no good and dishonest, doesn't mean Burris is....in fact, he has a clean record.....and the dems would have had a hell of a fight on their hands if they didn't let him take his rightful place has appointed to him.

Because rod is being convicted of illegally appoining the senate seat, then the senate and everyone else tell him to resign and to not appoint the seat. So then he appoints the seat. then everyone says they will not except burris for a few weeks. then all of a sudden they do? This is mostly about rod not burris but the fact that burris was willing to accept an appointment from someone who is being convicted of illegally selling the seat makes you wonder what kind of a person burris is.

the main thing that I think this is wrong is that the senate should have more thought to what message they are sending to the country that they are accepting this appointment.

Chicago, Illinois
#14New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 18:14:11
@cGobla Said

Because rod is being convicted of illegally appoining the senate seat, then the senate and everyone else tell him to resign and to not appoint the seat. So then he appoints the seat. then everyone says they will not except burris for a few weeks. then all of a sudden they do? This is mostly about rod not burris but the fact that burris was willing to accept an appointment from someone who is being convicted of illegally selling the seat makes you wonder what kind of a person burris is.

the main thing that I think this is wrong is that the senate should have more thought to what message they are sending to the country that they are accepting this appointment.

As much as I can not stand the gov. of my state....he has NOT been convicted of anything yet......therefore his appointment of Burris is legal and IMO.....rightful...

Detroit, Michigan
#15New Post! Jan 17, 2009 @ 18:53:56
Well...
It's not necessarily legal, they just didn't catch him in time.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs