Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#1New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 01:47:00
'They say that kids receive messages from society that encourage them to fit into existing boxes, including with regard to gender. "We thought that if we delayed sharing that information, in this case hopefully, we might knock off a couple million of those messages by the time that Storm decides Storm would like to share," says Witterick.'

https://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110524/ts_yblog_thelookout/parents-keep-childs-gender-under-wraps

In the meantime...I wonder what pronouns they'll use for Storm. It would be cruel to refer to your child as "It", is it time to invent new pronouns? Himher and heshe (pronounced 'himmer' and 'heesh')?

JorieJukebox On April 24, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#2New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 01:52:13
Wow. I scrolled upon this on Facebook earlier, and was actually gonna post here too.
There's extremes with every idea, and I think this is one!
Not a dude.

Deleted

#3New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 01:55:09
@jorie_13 Said

Wow. I scrolled upon this on Facebook earlier, and was actually gonna post here too.
There's extremes with every idea, and I think this is one!

Yeah...especially when her older son has already expressed displeasure with not being identified. He actually wants his mom to tell people that he's a boy, or at least correct him when they think he's a girl. But she won't. I feel badly for that boy.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 01:58:14
I saw something about this on Yahoo's main page today and it struck me as odd, but I didn't read the article. I really fail to see how their "experiment" with their own child will make any sort of statement.

GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#5New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 01:59:11
@someone_else Said

Yeah...especially when her older son has already expressed displeasure with not being identified. He actually wants his mom to tell people that he's a boy, or at least correct him when they think he's a girl. But she won't. I feel badly for that boy.

WOW!

This is why some people do not need kids.

I can only imagine the damage they are doing by trying to be so cool as parents. This sounds totally idiotic to me.

Sometimes you wanna hate humans, but then you realize, not all of them are quite this ridiculous.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#6New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 08:28:43
Hermaphrodite I can understand but if this is a boy, I would treat him as a boy until and if he came out of the closet.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 09:29:09
As if growing up from child to young person to adult isn't confusing enough ,here's parents that take perfectly healthy children and do their level best to
not only set their children up as curiosities but confuse the child in ways about something that is not confussin .
How can a parent not be truthful to a child about their gender.
MoshaFreak On May 02, 2016

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 09:46:34
this all baffles me
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#9New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 10:10:40
"Sometimes you feel like a boy, sometimes you don't"

Mounds must've been a girl bar (she didn't have nuts).
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 18:57:44
I am all for dropping gender stereotypes and 100% behind people having equal chances in life.

But this is just headline grabbing rubbish, the parents are up there on the idiot list with the parents whose child was supposedly in a balloon. Parents need a slap.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#11New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 19:04:42
What the f***?
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#12New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 19:27:51
Extremism...This kid may be harrassed over this.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#13New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 20:31:04
@white_swan53 Said

As if growing up from child to young person to adult isn't confusing enough ,here's parents that take perfectly healthy children and do their level best to
not only set their children up as curiosities but confuse the child in ways about something that is not confussin .
How can a parent not be truthful to a child about their gender.

They're not keeping the gender a secret from their child. The older boys know that they're boys...they just don't tell the public.

I see nothing wrong with telling kids "there's no such thing as a boy color/toy/interest or girl color/toy/interest". This is a little bizzare.

@smallbutterflies Said

Extremism...This kid may be harrassed over this.

Even if they're not, they're going to be self conscious. I mentioned before that the one boy wants to tell people he's a boy even though he wears pink and has long hair. So, they're letting him 'decide' but they're apparently not letting him do anything about his decision. It's sad.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#14New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 20:48:51
@someone_else Said

They're not keeping the gender a secret from their child. The older boys know that they're boys...they just don't tell the public.

I see nothing wrong with telling kids "there's no such thing as a boy color/toy/interest or girl color/toy/interest". This is a little bizzare.

Even if they're not, they're going to be self conscious. I mentioned before that the one boy wants to tell people he's a boy even though he wears pink and has long hair. So, they're letting him 'decide' but they're apparently not letting him do anything about his decision. It's sad.

When a parents actions and decisions confuse their child and those parents continue with the same course even knowing that it is detrimental to their child's well being , The one kid ask his parents to p[lease tell the people he is a boy . The parents decided to stick with their own agendas and 'let' the kid tell people. It has started causing the kids social issues , when the parents refused to tell the people that the kid is a boy there kid decided not to attend the deal .
I could careless about boy colors / girl colors it's not about that .
It is about two parents purposely confusing their children on an issue where there is no confusion ,
Not 'informing ' the family about the gender of the new baby is just making the parents look more like attention whores with each child they give birth to . Causing each child the confusion and then refusing their support when ask by their child makes them look like asinine attention whores .
Not a dude.

Deleted

#15New Post! May 25, 2011 @ 20:54:18
@white_swan53 Said

When a parents actions and decisions confuse their child and those parents continue with the same course even knowing that it is detrimental to their child's well being , The one kid ask his parents to p[lease tell the people he is a boy . The parents decided to stick with their own agendas and 'let' the kid tell people. It has started causing the kids social issues , when the parents refused to tell the people that the kid is a boy there kid decided not to attend the deal .
I could careless about boy colors / girl colors it's not about that .
It is about two parents purposely confusing their children on an issue where there is no confusion ,
Not 'informing ' the family about the gender of the new baby is just making the parents look more like attention whores with each child they give birth to . Causing each child the confusion and then refusing their support when ask by their child makes them look like asinine attention whores .

I agree. I think I messed up the emphasis in my previous post when I was talking about 'boy colors/girl colors'. What you said is basically what I meant. There is a difference between telling kids that interests shouldn't be decided by whether you're a boy or a girl and telling them whatever it is that these parents are trying to tell them.

When my daughter was a baby, even though I had her dressed in all pink some people would still ask what 'his' name was. Not a big deal for a baby, but when I was younger, I remember asking, just flat out asking a child "Are you a boy or a girl?" Wow, my friends jumped my case about that. It was rude.

So...what are these other kids going to have to do? "Hi, my names Jazz. I'm a boy."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs