Pain getting worse

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:14:46
The pain in my ankle is seriously getting worse. It's been a pretty bad day for it but that's because today I went to class and stopped to pick up a couple of things on the way but this is getting silly. It's sore to move it, sore to keep it still and sore to put weight on it. All to be expected but it's been over 72 hours now and it's just being silly. I tried going to the NHS webpage but for once it has nothing. It completely skips over leg pain, instead it attributes all leg pain to back pain. This sucks. Anyone got any ideas?
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#2New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:15:48
it has nothing on sprained ankles? I find that surprising.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:18:15
@Lili Said

it has nothing on sprained ankles? I find that surprising.

Absolutely squat. You get this as the closest to the leg. I tried to find ankle but there was nothing in the As.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#4New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:20:33
@crazychica Said

Absolutely squat. You get this as the closest to the leg. I tried to find ankle but there was nothing in the As.

If it's a sprained Ankle then I think this may be of interest.

https://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/ankle/anklesprain.htm
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:23:35
@lilbear Said

If it's a sprained Ankle then I think this may be of interest.

https://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/ankle/anklesprain.htm

Thanks. Going on the description I'd say this is maybe grade 2 but now it just seems to be getting worse. Apparently rice just isn't cutting it. I've had sprained ankles before but I don't remember them being like this.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#6New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:25:09
Chica, you may have a "Greenstick" fracture. Go to your doctor and get it X-Rayed...sometimes a shot of cortisone and a splint is all that is needed...hope you start feeling better!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#7New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:25:21
@crazychica Said

https://www.nhs24.com/content/default.asp?page=s5_4&articleID=345&sectionID=1
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:27:17
@deal1 Said

Chica, you may have a "Greenstick" fracture. Go to your doctor and get it X-Rayed...sometimes a shot of cortisone and a splint is all that is needed...hope you start feeling better!

But I got an X-ray. It was clear as a bell and no sign of anything but a bit of swelling in the general area and my own hysterical laughter
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:28:36
@Lili Said

https://www.nhs24.com/content/default.asp?page=s5_4&articleID=345&sectionID=1

There's not really much on what to do though. It's just a general overview of what a sprain is and how to not get it. It only recommends the RICE treatment and says nothing about if that's not doing much.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#10New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:30:33
Sprained Ankle from experience.

Nothing can be done but ice, rest and keep it elevated until it gets better which may take, 'Yes' months.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#11New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:30:56
Ok, I'm glad it isn't broken, but still, I hope you start feeling better!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#12New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:31:12
@crazychica Said

There's not really much on what to do though. It's just a general overview of what a sprain is and how to not get it. It only recommends the RICE treatment and says nothing about if that's not doing much.

I was just pointing out that you said they had absolutely nothing on sprains, but they do. It took about 15 seconds to find it with the site search feature. That's all.

I imagine if that advice doesn't work, go to the doctor for some kind of stronger treatment.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:33:48
@lilbear Said

Sprained Ankle from experience.

Nothing can be done but ice, rest and keep it elevated until it gets better which may take, 'Yes' months.

That sucks. It's only meant to be like 2 weeks

@deal1 Said

Ok, I'm glad it isn't broken, but still, I hope you stert feeling better!

Yeah. Thanks

@Lili Said

I was just pointing out that you said they had absolutely nothing on sprains, but they do. It took about 15 seconds to find it with the site search feature. That's all.

I imagine if that advice doesn't work, go to the doctor for some kind of stronger treatment.

In general I meant stuff I didn't already know but thanks anyway Sorry if I'm snappy I'm just bored and sore and irritable
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#14New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:38:01
@crazychica Said

That sucks. It's only meant to be like 2 weeks

When I sprained my ankle, it took 8 months for it to completely get to norm. Sorry! Depends on how badly and where also. Not much to be done though. Pain control is the only thing that they give if needed.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Dec 10, 2009 @ 19:45:56
@lilbear Said
When I sprained my ankle, it took 8 months for it to completely get to norm. Sorry! Depends on how badly and where also. Not much to be done though. Pain control is the only thing that they give if needed.

That sucks. I don't have time for my leg to be sore for that long! I'm way too busy. Like even tomorrow I have a trip to the fire place in Portlethen to observe a fire and then a three-hour refresher lab in the afternoon.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs