Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
LittlePinky82 On January 29, 2015

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#61New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 01:28:45
@Kristy69 Said

Idk, they're just afraid.

Unfortunatly, many people fear what they don't understand. Everyone is guilty of this at one point in time or another, but it doesn't make it 100% right. We need to recognize that there is hardly a difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals.

People are people.

In God's eyes, we're all the same.

So true. Even I used to be iffy on the issue but we all just have to grow some to really understand each other.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#62New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 01:28:51
@arcades Said

I made the choice when I was about 10 years old.

On one hand I realized that I preferred woman over man.
Yet on the other hand I realized that I could change myself...at that point quite easily.

I had chosen the path of least resistance in this manner but not before I considered my options and what if any new options would be available if I were to become gay. If opportunities I desired fell in line with homosexuality and were enough to justify taking a path with more resistance I would have chosen to be gay.

Your conscience desicion has no control over your subconscience.

Gay people can CHOOSE to cover up their homosexuality and date the opposite sex, but at the end of the day, you are who you are.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#63New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 01:29:44
@arcades Said

Yet on the other hand I realized that I could change myself...at that point quite easily.

I had chosen the path of least resistance in this manner but not before I considered my options and what if any new options would be available if I were to become gay. If opportunities I desired fell in line with homosexuality and were enough to justify taking a path with more resistance I would have chosen to be gay.

How in all things holy do you choose that? Now there's a huge difference between choosing who you are attracted to (which can't happen) and acting on those feelings. You don't "become" gay or straight. You just are.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#64New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 01:31:01
@arcades Said

I love that statement " we don't chose who we have feeling for"

Thats what someone who doesn't know enough about them selves would say.

Oh please. You don't know me so please don't pretend like you do. In all my twenty-six years of experience thus far since I've liked boys since the age of five/six never did I choose my feelings. I chose whether to accept them or not which is a different thing all together. I know myself just fine thank you so keep that s*** to yourself.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#65New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 01:32:32
@DuLu Said

Here you go.
You say Why is it only gay people who can choose? What, lol wtf if you want to put it that way, what does that have to do with anything.
The topic of the thread is:
HOMOSEXUALITY - Not an issue of Right or Wrong.
I totally agree with that statement and have so stated in posts.
Posters are just debating various nuances of the issues. And you keep asking questions which have repeatedly been answered by others.

You haven't been paying attention for the last oh two or so pages have you? Psst topics can sometimes go broader than the topic thread. If the person who started the thread doesn't like it then they can make a suggestion or try to divert the thread back.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#66New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 01:33:21
@Kristy69 Said

Gay people can CHOOSE to cover up their homosexuality and date the opposite sex, but at the end of the day, you are who you are.

Bingo. Two words: Ted Haggard.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#67New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 02:38:23
@Kristy69 Said

With training,and perceptual tuning it actually can.
But not a first your right.

People can cover up there sexuality but they can also genuinely change it to.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#68New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 02:41:32
@LittlePinky82 Said

Oh please. You don't know me so please don't pretend like you do. In all my twenty-six years of experience thus far since I've liked boys since the age of five/six never did I choose my feelings. I chose whether to accept them or not which is a different thing all together. I know myself just fine thank you so keep that s*** to yourself.

Yah when I say you don't know yourself. I don''t mean you don't know yourself as a personality I mean you don't know yourself as a whole.

This includes your individual personality,your subconscious,and all the other personalities within yourself that are fragments or your subconscious.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#69New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 02:53:04
I don't understand the same sex attraction some people have but I don't have any fear of what someone else does in the privacy of thier home. I know there are people in this world that are haters , people that seem to thrive on hating anything that is different. But now days in these modern times it just maybe that most 'straight' people are just tired of having others sexuality thrown up in the public eye every time they turn around. IMHO A few months back, I straight (no pun intended) out asked in this forum what or why did gay people want besides marriage that they didn't already have. Wow, did I learn something, like I didn't know that life partners couldn't be by a bedside of there loved one at the end in the hospitals, and i was unaware that regardless of last wills and testimonies the 'real' family could just walk in and push the surviving partner to the curb. OK these are things that need to change but no one is going to change them in a public forum, I'm afraid people that are needing these changes are going to have to go about getting them the same way woman got the vote , the African Americans got the the rights and opportunities of any other American citizen . It's the law makers that needs to be bombarded with all the energy and time spent kicking it around on the inter net. IMO
cailyn10289 On November 12, 2015
Scottish on Fridays

, United States (general)
#70New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 02:54:24
@blackknight8888 Said

Just wanted to settle any disagreements here, or for the stubborn ppl...just show them how rediculous their logic(or lack of it)is. Its a pretty well-know fact that noone chooses to be this way, in the same way that noone chooses to be black or white, male or female, have black or blond hair. Since there is no choice, there can be no logical argument against homosexuality. Its not wrong, and even if some people think it is, the gays can do nothing to change the way they are. There is no need to change either...I mean its like saying heterosexuality is wrong and should be discouraged. Some people even go as far as to throw religion into this issue, which makes no sense. Religion is mostly metaphroical and cannot be used to explain the way people are, theres not much it can explain actually. The beliefs of others have nothing to do with the way someone is. So what if I like butterscotch ice cream? Noone would force vanilla ice cream down my thoat, or tell me that their favorite cake is proven to be better. You cant have a "better" sexual orientation, its not something that can be judged(but some people try, and fail).

Just my thoughts...

Did you watch the Tyra Banks show yesterday?
cailyn10289 On November 12, 2015
Scottish on Fridays

, United States (general)
#71New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 02:55:20
Stop hating and start loving.

Love triumphs all
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#72New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 10:16:27
@cailyn10289 Said

Did you watch the Tyra Banks show yesterday?

I did!
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#73New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 10:34:25
@kentoo Said

The scent of a woman arouses me.... I make no choice in that.

The movie?
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#74New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 12:59:25
@arcades Said

So, you're telling us that you're bisexual, but prefer to identify to the world as straight.

That's what you're saying there buddy. Now I understand why you don't understand.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
#75New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 16:57:35
@arcades Said

Yah when I say you don't know yourself. I don''t mean you don't know yourself as a personality I mean you don't know yourself as a whole.

This includes your individual personality,your subconscious,and all the other personalities within yourself that are fragments or your subconscious.

So let me guess: you know yourself just fine right? Please you don't know me at all hon. Keep your arm chair psychology to yourself.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs