Relationships

Long distance

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
nothinsnew On September 15, 2009

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#1New Post! Sep 21, 2005 @ 05:48:51
Anyone in a l/d relationship? How long has it been? Are you ok with it?
mazda On June 03, 2011

Launceston, Australia
#2New Post! Sep 21, 2005 @ 05:52:32
i have been in long distance relationships and they never end up working out,
all it takes is a speck of doubt to enter your mind and that will be the end of
it.

i have heard of them working but form my experience it isnt worth it... and in
the grand scheme of things if it is ment to be then it will happen at the right
time and in the right circumstances, Relationships were designed to be done
over a distance because there is a physical side to all of usse that needs to be
fulfilled even if it is in the smallest way
nothinsnew On September 15, 2009

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#3New Post! Sep 21, 2005 @ 05:54:57
What if the person is coming back eventually?
tumko On August 21, 2009

launceston, Australia
#4New Post! Sep 21, 2005 @ 06:01:18
oh shut up mazda you havent been in a relationship ya mommas boy.
sweet_allure On February 23, 2006

Morgan City, Louisiana
#5New Post! Sep 21, 2005 @ 06:10:48
Well they are tough but I think when something is meant to be it will find its way. Three years ago I met my now bf online. For almost two years we talked on the internet and he called me on the phone every night. We felt like we were in a relationship. We had wanted to meet and be together the whole time but I told him I couldnt until I graduated, so last summer after I had done so I flew down here to meet him and things hit off pretty well. Well for the past year and a half I've been flying back and forth between here and where I lived in Idaho. I'm now permentally moved here to be with him. But trust me... being 3,000 from the one you care about isnt easy. This last time I had to go back I had been down here living with him for seven months then had to go back up there for almost 4 months and it damn near killed me. It surely does test the relationship. But like I said I believe what is meant to be will find its way. Just depends on the people and how much they really want to be with eachother.
man_in_kilt On December 05, 2006

Deleted

trapped in my mind, Tennessee
#6New Post! Sep 21, 2005 @ 09:22:16
I've been in one for seven months now.She and I find ways to deal with it.We're lucky we only live an hour and half away.We see each other a couple of times a month and talk almost constantly.I'm dealing with it fine because I know she and I are meant to be together.Especially after all the crap we've been through just to be together.
steraw04 On December 12, 2007

Toronto, Canada
#7New Post! Sep 21, 2005 @ 09:50:49
well...ive only ever had long distance relationships and they've never worked.
maybe thats because ive only ever had long distance relationships so im not used to actually going out with anyone.
i feel that if its long distance it allows for me to be more open to someone since there is no one around to say: "look there's ste with a girl!"
but i agree...if there is ever a doubt at all that it wont work then it wont.
im a very clingy and emotional person so i always feel the need to be around this person and give everything got to them!
in a long distance thing that can rarely ever happen.
tbh...it all depends on who you are and your experiences in life.
good luck to all those in those sort of relationships tho!
you deserve a medal to have not gone insane yet!
comedykicks On September 22, 2005

Winter Park, Florida
#8New Post! Sep 22, 2005 @ 13:49:50
I was in a long distance relationship for about 2 years and it was hard but we really loved each other and dealt with every obstacle thrown at us together. One thing that we learned is that without communication, we would not be where we are today.

You also have to build this huge amout of trust for that person because even if they tell you that they'd never do certain things, you have no way of verifying that for yourself since you're unable to see them or keep track of them when you're not on the phone, computer, etc.

It also helps if you get to see each other at least once in a while, we only got to see each other about every six months or so and that helped because seeing him, even for a brief time, helped me become stronger for the remainder of the time we'd be apart.
buzz22 On December 31, 2012

Galashiels, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Sep 22, 2005 @ 13:54:22
I am in a long distance relationship, it is workin out fine!! I miss him loads obviously but we talk on the net almost every nite and I do try and fone him whenever I can!! but yer its workin out fine!!
stenise On June 24, 2007

Little Rock, Arkansas
#10New Post! Sep 24, 2005 @ 07:33:28
I always find myself in these, somehow some way! This time it's really extreme! I'm dating an old friend in the service, and he's station in California, but he's in Iraq for the next 6 months...and I might hear from him at all while he's there! URGH!!!! It's fuggin' hard, and it's killing me right now, but I know I can wait...and it'll prove a lot to me and him too I think. It's really hard to handle because I had him here for a week, and I spent so much time holding him so tight, and then he leaves and is gone this long...I need him so bad! I'm gonna kill that kid with love as soon as he steps off the plane when he gets home!
tigerwoman On March 31, 2012

Mufreesboro, Tennessee
#11New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 16:31:31
Yup have been before and am now. You can make it work if your relationship is worth it to you. It'snot always easy because you miss the person like crazy but it's worth it~grins at man_in_kilt. My advice get well accquainted with IMing, emails and phone cards for when you have to be apart.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs