Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

Laughing hysteria, how to kill it?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Isweer On February 12, 2012

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
#1New Post! Feb 10, 2012 @ 19:17:41
This problem wasn't a hysteria when I was 12 years old, but I was laughing on many unfunny things.However, now I am 18 years old, the problem has gotten worse, It really became a hysteria.

What I mean by hysteria is that once I start laughing, laughter mode continues for a long time (usually 1-2 hours, but lately, it even continues for the whole day). ( a joke is a start of a huge fire )

Example:
In my English class (in college) , a student wanted to bring the book that he forgot in his locker, so he said to the teacher: " I forgot to brang my book ", We started laughing at him, but that wasn't the end I kept remembering his words the whole day and laughing at that even when I am alone.

There were so many similar stories but I guess this one is the shortest to write.

The good thing about it is that I rarely notice how foolish I was in front of my teammates.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#2New Post! Feb 10, 2012 @ 19:22:13
See a therapist.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 10, 2012 @ 19:27:11
yeah its well over our head, you need a qualified phsychotherapist
Isweer On February 12, 2012

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
#4New Post! Feb 10, 2012 @ 19:40:41
I went to a psychologist two months ago, he gave me anti-depression pills and sleeping pills, it didn't work, probably because I told him too many problems at once. I will see a therapist soon.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#5New Post! Feb 10, 2012 @ 20:10:14
You might just like to laugh. It doesn't have to be labeled as some mental disorder.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#6New Post! Feb 11, 2012 @ 00:03:15
Lmao that happens to me a lot. A joke will be said and I really have to fight to control to STOP laughing even after everyone else has already moved on.

I find that it' usually happened in very specific environments thought. Like when you're taking a test and someone does something, everyone laughs, then the room gets quite again where everyone goes back to their work, and me? I'm sitting there fighting the urge to laugh and it truly is a struggle.

Solution, stop thinking about it. That is the only way.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Feb 11, 2012 @ 00:44:04
i remember i went to a psychiatrist, when i was 16, because i was having a rough time in high school. i was in the doctor's office, and i sat down, we both looking into each other's eyes. at moment, i saw into his eyes, i felt that i could trust and feel safe with him. the doctor said to me, " how can i help for you, my son? " so i am so relieved to hear that, i starting crying my heart out and i said to him. " i want to kill myself, i have no friends, my parents aren't too crazy about me, they keep tell me that they might i got the wrong baby at hospital. my brother and sisters played with my dog than me, they called my dog, my name. my teachers don't even noticed me and they marked absent, when i am seating the front row. i try to make friends in school with my schoolmates. at lunch, i find a seat in a crowd table in the lunch room, i seated down, and everybody get up and leave. i feel so alone and i am so invisible to the naked eye! then the doctor stand up in front of me, and raised both hands to his mouth and screamed out, " NEXT! "
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs