Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#1New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:18:09
I have a couple of questions .

The death penalty as we know it today in America . Is it based on 'An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth' from the bible and if that is the original justification for what we know as the legal ,time honored Death Penalty of today ?
Does the 'separation of church and state' apply here ?

This link tells the history of the Death Penalty starting in the 1600's more than one hundred years before we became the country known as the USA of today up to to 2004
URL text

History of the Death Penalty -- The Ancient Laws of China established the death penalty. In the 18th Century BC, the Code of King Hammurabi of Babylon ,,,

URL text
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#2New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:20:53
Im on the fence with the death penalty too many innocent people die as the 'justice' system isn't that honest.

Funny how some pro-lifers are for the death penalty though?!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#3New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:26:07
well, I think the thing with pro life is that a child is innocent, and has the potential to lead a good life. And the child is having that potential taken from them without ever having had a voice.

A criminal has chosen to cause pain and destruction with their life. They are no longer innocent, they have the ability to make adult choices, and they made some very very bad ones.
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#4New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:27:21
@lili Said
well, I think the thing with pro life is that a child is innocent, and has the potential to lead a good life. And the child is having that potential taken from them without ever having had a voice.

A criminal has chosen to cause pain and destruction with their life. They are no longer innocent, they have the ability to make adult choices, and they made some very very bad ones.

Yeah fair enough but life is life in my book.

What about the death penalty being classed as state murder?
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#5New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:27:46
Ok ,
But do you know if it's based on the eye for an eye deal and does 'separation of church and state ' apply ?
waggawaggatentperson On May 10, 2012

Melbourne, Australia
#6New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:34:08
To be honest out of all the problems I have with the death penalty the fact its based on a bible quote is right down on the list.
dickbell On December 17, 2008

Deleted

West Hayward, California
#7New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:38:16
Nobody has a right to decide that someone should die. It's a disgusting abberation to human nature.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#8New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:43:18
@hallucinogenic_lipstick Said
Yeah fair enough but life is life in my book.

What about the death penalty being classed as state murder?

Because it's not murder.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#9New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:49:07
@reference. dictionary.com Said

mur?der Audio Help /ˈmɜrdər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mur-der] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
?noun
1. Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).
2. Slang. something extremely difficult or perilous: That final exam was murder!
3. a group or flock of crows.
?verb (used with object)
4. Law. to kill by an act constituting murder.
5. to kill or slaughter inhumanly or barbarously.
6. to spoil or mar by bad performance, representation, pronunciation, etc.: The tenor murdered the aria.
?verb (used without object)
7. to commit murder.
?Idioms
8. get away with murder, Informal. to engage in a deplorable activity without incurring harm or punishment: The new baby-sitter lets the kids get away with murder.
9. murder will out, a secret will eventually be exposed.
10. yell or scream bloody murder,
a. to scream loudly in pain, fear, etc.
b. to protest loudly and angrily: If I don't get a good raise I'm going to yell bloody murder.

Sounds like it's not murder if it's painless, and you think you are doing a good thing, lol
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#10New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:54:16
I think that the criminal should have to go thur the exact same thing their victims experenced for the same amount of time and the same amount of pain . No matter what label anyone wants to attach to the deed .
noxus On October 18, 2009

Oroville, California
#11New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 18:56:09
Im on the fence with the death penalty too many innocent people die as the 'justice' system isn't that honest.

The death of a fetus in hardly the same as the death of say some axe murrderer who kills 30 kids.
vballer11 On September 04, 2008

Nashville,
#12New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 19:00:28

Is it any more funny than the anti death penalty people being for the killing of an innocent unborn child?

The death penalty should be used a lot more often than it is now and when the killer is 100% guilty, like when they catch him right after firing the gun or stabbing someone, or they have it on video tape or theyre 100% sure with the DNA, he should be killed immediately after sentencing, not 30 years later after a dozen appeals.
vballer11 On September 04, 2008

Nashville,
#13New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 19:11:02
@noxus Said
The death of a fetus in hardly the same as the death of say some axe murrderer who kills 30 kids.

I agree. Cant imagine how others cant see it as well.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#14New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 19:25:56
@iwannano Said
I have a couple of questions .

The death penalty as we know it today in America . Is it based on 'An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth' from the bible and if that is the original justification for what we know as the legal ,time honored Death Penalty of today ?
Does the 'separation of church and state' apply here ?

This link tells the history of the Death Penalty starting in the 1600's more than one hundred years before we became the country known as the USA of today up to to 2004
URL text
Thank you everyone, I will just go back and search google some more for an answer.
Laters all,, iwannano
Thank you Katha.

History of the Death Penalty -- The Ancient Laws of China established the death penalty. In the 18th Century BC, the Code of King Hammurabi of Babylon ,,,

URL text
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#15New Post! Aug 25, 2008 @ 19:28:41
I'm not sure I understand the OP.

The death penalty predates recorded history.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs